Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RotoRanker

2012 Rotoworld Championships - Basketball?

Hey RotoRanker, are we having one league with 16 teams or are we trying to get 4 more members to make this two leagues? I think 12 team leagues is fine but 14-16 is too large I feel.

Hey RotoRanker, are we having one league with 16 teams or are we trying to get 4 more members to make this two leagues? I think 12 team leagues is fine but 14-16 is too large I feel.

We're having one league. It is looking like a 14 team league but there's an outside chance it becomes 16 teams. It wouldn't be fair to kick some people out of the league now and split up the league. It will be deeper than a standard league but it won't be too deep. The football League A is 14 teams and is fine.

I feel the 40 game limit might be restricting. I imagine we have to sit some players in ensure that we don't go over 40 games before sunday? This seems restricting in that you have to pay attention to the total games and have to play only your better players and not your weaker ones? Shouldn't we be able to play as many players as we can every day of the week and set an aquisition limit of 4 per week?

So the sign ups is closed? Otherwise there would be even more members and then we would have to spilt the league in two.

I feel the 40 game limit might be restricting. I imagine we have to sit some players in ensure that we don't go over 40 games before sunday? This seems restricting in that you have to pay attention to the total games and have to play only your better players and not your weaker ones? Shouldn't we be able to play as many players as we can every day of the week and set an aquisition limit of 4 per week?

So the sign ups is closed? Otherwise there would be even more members and then we would have to spilt the league in two.

I think you will find the game limit not restricting at all once the season gets underway, but rather that it adds the strategy of deciding who to play based on what your team needs that particular week. If you have to sit a bench guy a couple games, then you have to sit a bench guy a couple games. The rule is the same for everybody. With an acquisition limit, everybody pretty much has to use all their moves every week or they'll be at a disadvantage in the counting categories. With a game limit, the players playing in the matchup are the owners' players and not just hired mercenaries for the week. It will better reflect who has the better team.

I don't really care to split the league into two because I won't be able to get the quality of owners to make it worthwhile. Also the Rotoworld Grand Champion is the person who wins League A and it wouldn't be fair to the owners who I have to kick out of League A and place in League B. Instead it is better to just have one large league with all the great owners in it than two leagues where one league is half-filled with questionable owners. Maybe next year we will have enough for two leagues, but now it's too late for this year.

We should just vote/ make a poll on the games played limit so all owners are satisfied with it.

We should just vote/ make a poll on the games played limit so all owners are satisfied with it.

I'm not going to change anymore settings this year. The league is locked as is with only six days until the draft.

We can discuss this for next year (or anything else) and then add it to the list of settings to vote on when the time comes.

RR, are you sure this isn't a 40 game PER POSITION limit, like yahoo has on their website? I understand 40 games per matchup, but I don't know if this is how ESPN has it set up.