Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

khabibul35

Brandon Myers 2012 Season Outlook

139 posts in this topic

5 receptions in week 1 for 65 yards. With TE so hard to fill, anyone think he might be worth watching?

Most people aren't grasping for straws in a 2 TE 14-team league.

I can still think of a lot more names I like better than him.

So as an annoyed Greg Olsen owner, I angrily ran out to my waiver wire to take a look at what other options there were out there. You had your standard TE fare sitting there: the prototypical 2 catches, 53 yards, 1 TD guys out there but one guy that caught my eye was Brandon Myers, the TE for Oakland.

He caught my eye because he had 6 catches for 86 yards. Now I would want to temper my expectations since Oakland got killed this week; however, in week one, he had 5 catches for 65 yards. Now I'm all for the TE that can grab some touchdowns but I'm intrigued that he's gotten 11 catches in two weeks.

Bear in mind this is only for the poor jerks (like myself) that waited on TE and didn't go for Rudolph or Cook.

Thoughts?

Hernandez getting injured left me with Keller. Anybody seen the Raiders play? Does Myers and Palmer have real chemistry on the field or is this just fluky?

Thinking of dropping Fleener for this guy. He has caught every target thrown his way. The TDs should come eventually, that is if the Raiders can score at all.

Greg Knapp likes to get the TE involved. As QB coach in Houston last year the tight ends saw 124 targets. I don't think this guy has an elite skill set, but I think he knows what he's doing out there and has a good rapport with Palmer. If you're in a deeper league, or missed out on the Bennett/Pitta types, I think you can do worse than this guy.

He's been the leading receiver but keep in mind Denarius Moore has been out and their playcalling was very conservative with check downs. I think this guy could be a great asset in ppr though for people struggling at wr

BUMP...anybody rolling with this guy for the foreseeable future? Will he finally reach the end zone this Sunday? For guys who already lost out on TE's like Bennett, Pitta, and Chandler have already been picked up, any thoughts on Myers being the next best available option?

Hernandez owner. Ya...I'm rolling with Myers and feel pretty good about it. Catches everything, leads team, QB repoir, etc... What worries me about this week is Rotoworld's assertion that he will be blocking Wimbley a lot. I guess we'll see but I did pass on Chandler in order to gain a better waiver #. I like what I see in Myers.

4 for 55 yards, but no TD's. Meyers did lead the Raiders in total pass yardage (2nd game in a row) and yards per catch.

Palmer threw a 1 yd TD to Gordon on a 2 TE set with Gordon lined up on the left and Meyers slot right. It looked like Meyers was Palmer's primary target at the back of the end zone, but Gordon was wide open underneath in the same passing line, so Palmer opted to go low to Gordon. Meyers had a step on his man and could have had a TD, had Gordon been covered.

And for the 3rd game in a row, Meyers caught every target thrown his way, so now he's up to 15 catches on 15 targets.

With McFadden coming to life and Demarius Moore back to Palmer a deep threat, and Streater or Hagan moving from the slot to WR2 to replace DHB who I'm guessing will be out at least a game or two, I'm thinking Meyers will 6 to 8 targets per game. Whereas a lot of teams are now deploying 2 interchangeable TE's, Meyers seems to be the guy getting all the counts.

I'm thinking there's some good upside on this guy.

The issue I had with him a while back is Palmer's distribution. Love that the guy doesn't drop a single pass but unfortunately, he doesn't get targets in the red zone either. 3rd among TEs in yardage is a great stat to have but when your TDs are 0 and your targets in the end zone are 0, it has a tendency to kill any excitement you have for the guy. Now if I were looking for a replacement or bye week fill in? Money, no question.

Rod Streater was getting targeted heavily in the first games with Denarius Moore out. Now with Moore back, and DHB out, I wonder which of Streater or Myers will be targeted more.

2nd among TE's in yardage.

The issue I had with him a while back is Palmer's distribution. Love that the guy doesn't drop a single pass but unfortunately, he doesn't get targets in the red zone either. 3rd among TEs in yardage is a great stat to have but when your TDs are 0 and your targets in the end zone are 0, it has a tendency to kill any excitement you have for the guy. Now if I were looking for a replacement or bye week fill in? Money, no question.

Looks like a good PPR fill in for Graham owners, he's had good games outside of Week 4 and if he wouldve scored a TD then he would be getting a lot more buzz. I had him last week and looks like I might have to again if Graham is out.

Week 1: 5 catches for 65 receiving yards on 5 targets

Week 2: 6 catches for 84 receiving yards on 6 targets

Week 3: 4 catches for 55 receiving yards on 4 targets

Week 4: 1 catch for 22 receiving yards on 2 targets

Week 6: 5 catches for 62 receiving yards on 7 targets