Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

citywok

Who To Pick Up?

Team's in my sig. Here are the available players I'm considering:

- Hillis (waivers)

- Collie

- LaFell

- James Jones

Is Hillis my top priority? If I can't get him off of waivers, is anyone else worth picking up? Who should I drop? Thanks, WHIR!

You have RB depth very similar to what Hillis brings. I'd hate to tell you to drop Hunter, Quizz, or Wilson because either could become a feature back should their starters get hurt. With Dwyer, I see a lot of similarities compared to Hillis. Both big mofos who can get some goal line carries. With that said, I'm taking the Steelers in regards to having more redzone and goal line situations. I'd stand pat.

I don't know if Hillis should be the priority. It's tough, because if some of the guys on your bench pan out to be starters you'll be golden, whereas Charles/Hillis will be cutting in to each other for a while. Hillis is the only one worth considering on that list IMO, and I would probably just let him slide. You might be able to afford letting go of Wilson if you really want Hillis.

EDIT: Sorry, I saw Wilson and for some reason thought you meant Russell, even though it was under RB. If anyone can be dropped out of that list it would be Dwyer...again if you REALLY want Hillis. I think Hunter and Rodgers have too much value as pass-catching potential #1 RBs in a PPR league to drop.

I'm a big Hillis fan and would put a claim in for him. I am hesitant to cut Hunter, Rodgers or Wilson because I think all of them hold nice value especially in a PPR. Dwyer looks like the cut for me, the Pittsburgh RB situation is pretty muddy and none of them really inspire me.

Thanks for mine.

Thanks for the help guys. Still undecided on Hillis, but are any of the WRs I mentioned (Collie, James Jones, LaFell) worth picking up?

I really like Collie. He's got WR2 upside and will play every snap in that offense. I could see him having some big lines as defenses key in to take away Reggie Wayne, and a lot of Wayne's targets on Sunday would've gone to Collie if he started.

Of all the players you listed as available, I think he's got the best chance for immediate fantasy impact. I probably wouldn't hesitate to drop Wilson for him...he'll still be there if Collie doesn't work out in the next two weeks. Maybe owners are more aggressive in your league and will scoop him up, but I have a feeling he's going to be one of those guys that is picked up and dropped by a few different teams until he carves out a bigger role in the Giants offense.

Hillis is intriguing too. But given his current YPC average, he needs volume to have a fantasy impact in line with his 2010 numbers. He'll get goal line looks for sure, but even in a 50/50 timeshare with Charles (which I don't think is likely), you're probably looking at a lot of weeks where he gets 12 carries for 50 yds and the chance of a TD. Collie's upside is better than that, especially in PPR.