Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B.J.

A Couple Intriguing Options On The Wire

So waivers processed this morning and as expected quite a few moves were made but what shocked were some of the names that were dropped. The two guys that stick out the most are Andrew Luck and Jerome Simpson. Luck was cut for Mark Sanchez and Simpson was booted for Andrew Hawkins.

I'd like to grab Luck as my backup QB because I like him quite a bit more than Russell Wilson (my current backup) and any of the other options on the wire. As for Simpson I think he will put up solid numbers in Minny this year because Ds are going to key in one stopping Peterson and Harvin so Simpson and Kyle Rudolph will see their fair share of production.

I've already put in a claim for Luck dropping Wilson but I'm having an issue deciding on who to drop if I put in a claim for Simpson. I've tried trading Ogletree but have gotten minimal interest and while I love what I saw last week I doubt he will put up consistent numbers all season with how many options they have in Dallas. I also could cut Rudolph loose but I'm a little concerned about Witten and don't want to have to play some slapdick TE every weekend if Witten can't stay healthy. So who would you give the boot from my roster to claim Simpson?

Leave a link

I like the move of dropping Wilson to get Luck. I don't think that highly of Simpson, Minny isn't exactly a high-powered offense, so I wonder if there's enough production there for Simpson to have value. Plus Simpson is suspended for 3 weeks and can't practice with the team during the suspension, so he could come back rusty. Maybe hold off for a week to see how the rest of your roster shakes out. I'd hold on to Rudolph due to Witten's health, so if I guess if I had to drop someone right now, I guess I'd go with Ogletree.

Help with mine? http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?/topic/302960-who-to-pick-up/

In a 12-team league, I'd agree that Luck should probably be rostered. But, I'm not shocked to see him available. He has just been sitting as a FA in my 10-team league since the draft (he was the last player drafted and was dropped the next morning). I'd say it's pretty even between Wilson and Luck, so just go personal preference.

I'm not super high on Simpson. I'm not sure that there is anyone on your roster that I would drop for him.

Help with mine please: http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?/topic/302956-cobb-or-jones-if-jennings-sits/