Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Colonel Kurtz

Andre Brown 2012 Season Outlook

422 posts in this topic

He had 71 yds and 1td rushing and added 2 catches for 19 yds in relief of Ahmad Bradshaw. He had 10 more carries than Wilson. I thought he added a power running element and helped kickstart the Giants offense and helped them mount a huge comeback. Where does he go from here?

1 person likes this

Here's to this journeyman slipping on a banana peel and hey here's a concept, they play their first round pick they gave $5 million guaranteed, more than 3 touches a game.

I am picking him in the league where i lost Fjax... My league really short on RB on WW. He will be solid against Panthers if Bradshaw doesnt play next week. Plus Giants play Thursday, so more chances for Bradshaw not to play.

Wilson's lack of carries confounds me. I thought when Ahmad went down Wilson would go off. Is he still in Coughlin's doghouse because of that fumble against Dallas?

Brown did good because he came into the game randomly and TB didn't adjust to the new game plan. I still like Wilson much more than him in the long run (just not within the next couple weeks, cuz it looks like it'll be a while until he's out of the doghouse).

Made the add in a league where I have Bradshaw and someone else owns Wilson. No waivers in this league so i just cut a lotto ticket wr. He looked pretty good. Eli threw for 500 and he still managed 90 yards

I'm just waiting for the day Wilson finally gets a fair chance, takes it at the 20 and runs 80 yards to the house...and then takes the ball and spikes it in Tom's face.

I'm just waiting for the day Wilson finally gets a fair chance, takes it at the 20 and runs 80 yards to the house...and then takes the ball and spikes it in Tom's face.

You overspent on Wilson, we get it.
8 people like this

Does anyone think Brown can hold value when Bradshaw comes back? The NYG used to run a platoon backfield with success up until last season.

the giants also had a dominant OL that could produce 2000+ yards rushing with ease

that is no longer the case.

I was at the game, Brown looked dominant out there I was shocked. Definitely worth the add but I'd try trading him to the bradshaw owner or someone desperate for RBs

the giants also had a dominant OL that could produce 2000+ yards rushing with ease

that is no longer the case.

I was at the game, Brown looked dominant out there I was shocked. Definitely worth the add but I'd try trading him to the bradshaw owner or someone desperate for RBs

I noticed you're a big Giants fan, is Brown worth burning a #2 WW position or is Bradshaw's injury not that serious.

its apparently a neck sprain

Bradshaws tough as nails I dont expect him to miss much time (probably just this week because its a short week)

I wouldnt burn that high of a waiver unless your RBs are awful.

Wilson's lack of carries confounds me. I thought when Ahmad went down Wilson would go off. Is he still in Coughlin's doghouse because of that fumble against Dallas?

Wilson is a rookie. Get over it.

Deuce McAllister was a 1st round pick and he had 16 carries in his rookie year.

Larry Johnson (1st round pick) had 20 carries in his rookie year.

Wilson is a rookie. Get over it.

Deuce McAllister was a 1st round pick and he had 16 carries in his rookie year.

Larry Johnson (1st round pick) had 20 carries in his rookie year.

What does that have to do with the price of rice in China? Edgerrin James led the league his rookie year. Peterson also did well. Richardson and Martin ain't bad either.

You aren't exactly plowing virgin ground by enlightening us with "Wilson's a rookie". I don't even own the guy, but one would think that if Bradshaw got hurt they would want to see what they had with their first rd pick.

Here's to this journeyman slipping on a banana peel and hey here's a concept, they play their first round pick they gave $5 million guaranteed, more than 3 touches a game.

We get it, you're mad you spent $21 on David Wilson, get over it.

Hope to get clarity on Bradshaw's injury before waivers. This guy could be key contributor, or flash in the pan. Ah the grind of scouting a backup backup's RB.

The difference between Brown/Wilson is he didnt fumble his opportunity away

If you watched Brown play, and didnt overspend on david wilson, you'd want him starting too. He looked really good.

The difference between Brown/Wilson is he didnt fumble his opportunity away

If you watched Brown play, and didnt overspend on david wilson, you'd want him starting too. He looked really good.

My entire point was that if Bradshaw went down everything you heard during preseason was that Wilson was the next big thing. I was wondering if it was the fumble against Dallas or something I was unaware of.

Ps: you are ruining my daily entertainment by staying out of the cj21 thread ray...

lol had to ban myself, couldnt take his fanboy's nonsense anymore... i'm sure its a blast in there

in the spirit of CJ, i think wilson's poor performance is going to motivate him and he could "explode" as his tears turn to broad smiles on the sidelines.

but brown will start. I still think wilson will see 10-12 touches

You overspent on Wilson, we get it.

We get it, you're mad you spent $21 on David Wilson, get over it.

Wow get a room guys.

Seriously, is life that bad that a random troll comment requires you to respond? Yes I'm pissed at the Wilson situation, I'm not the only one and who are you to tell me to "get over it"? How am I supposed to take you seriously with a name and avatar like that? Yes I went there...now watcha gonna do Deadpool? LoL!

Edit: Ok I feel bad, I essentially called you a comic book dork Dead. I'm sure you're harmless. I don't want to start anything. I'm frustrated with Wilson and tried to make a funny comment. You have to admit watching him spike the ball in Tom's face would be quite a sight though.

I'm surprised there isn't that much hype on this guy yet, considering Bradshaw has a "neck" injury. There's no telling how long this will eventually keep it out. Remember his "minor" injury last season? Remember DMC's "minor" injury? At the very least, he could be had and then traded before (if) Wilson ends up taking the job.

Well, right now, he appears to be the best RB that is on everybodies waiver wire. There are guys like Pierre Thomas, Daryl Richardson and Jackie Battle (yes I went there...) floating around on the waiver wire as well.

Pierre Thomas is very interesting to me as well. The guy is such a good all around RB. If Mark Ingram disappeared somehow, Pierre Thomas could be a huge factor in Fantasy. Although, it seems like I always say that and it never happens. Basically, all these guys are just lottery tickets. You're hoping to get lucky.