Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rotoking07

Here comes Durant

He officially declared today. Here's the story.

I think he's going 2nd overall.. depends on who gets that top pick of course, but I think Oden is the consensus #1 right now...

I'm interested to know what round people would consider taking Durant next season. Clearly we don't know yet who is going to draft him and that could impact his value somewhat, but most likely whoever takes him is going to be starting him and playing him upwards of 35 minutes a night. His college stats are like Marion+ 3's and points. Obviously the NBA is a much tougher league, and as guys like Morrison have proven 25 a night in college isn't 25 a night in the NBA. I still think he can adapt to the NBA game easier than a guy like Morrison and I wouldn't doubt 20. Anyone think end of the 3rd-beginning of the 4th is a stretch?

I'm interested to know what round people would consider taking Durant next season. Clearly we don't know yet who is going to draft him and that could impact his value somewhat, but most likely whoever takes him is going to be starting him and playing him upwards of 35 minutes a night. His college stats are like Marion+ 3's and points. Obviously the NBA is a much tougher league, and as guys like Morrison have proven 25 a night in college isn't 25 a night in the NBA. I still think he can adapt to the NBA game easier than a guy like Morrison and I wouldn't doubt 20. Anyone think end of the 3rd-beginning of the 4th is a stretch?

Well I am in a keeper league where we keep 2 players each so we officially start in the 3rd round and I have heard that a few of the "risk" takers are looking to take him in the 3rd or 4th round of our draft which would be the 5th and 6th round in a normal league. I would say 3rd round in a normal league is stretching it a little bit but 4th is not totally out of reach dependent on what team he goes to. However, 5th or 6th is probably where he should go because even players like Lebron and Carmelo didn't really go much earlier than that their first year but if you absolutely have to have him then 4th is not a stretch. Depending on what team he goes to makes a big difference to me so the offseason could possibly change where I think he will go next year in the fantasy drafts.

Should be an interesting offseason with KG, Carter, Lewis, Gasol, Billups all possibly going to different places and teams hoping for one of the top 2 picks in the draft.

Yeah.. we'll be able to take a swagger after we see what team he ends up on. But if he somehow went to Memphis, that could be some pretty sick stats already next year. He'd have the green light to put up a lot of shots.

I'd say that 4th round would not be out of the question. And with the hype that builds up for players like him, I could see him going higher than that in a lot of drafts. The bad news for us fantasy buffs is that we probably won't be drafting him next year - people who are less informed, and functioning off hype, will be spending picks on him WAY too early.

The funny thing is, it could work out for them perhaps.. if you do fantasy football, think Bush this past year -

-Jet out