Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthBoundTrain

Was Just Offered A Trade, Whatta Ya Think?

I would do it. You have enough other good receives to cover Thomas and Brady is a big upgrade plus Welker has a pretty good upside.

I don't think this is quite as lopsided as people make it sound. I definitely don't think Welker will put up more pts than Demariyus this season... which evens the trade a bit in my eyes.

But I'd probably still pull the trigger for Brady, and half-assume i'm just gonna punt week 9 lol.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?/topic/305052-lafell-vs-martellus-bennett-whir-of-course/

D, Thomas if you check is the #1 Wideout this season. 188 yards and 2 TDs. Welker could have a diminished role, he might be a low end WR 1 if that. This is not as easy as SpaceSenator makes it. Eli could go off too. He did put up 500 yards.

I don't think this is quite as lopsided as people make it sound. I definitely don't think Welker will put up more pts than Demariyus this season... which evens the trade a bit in my eyes.

But I'd probably still pull the trigger for Brady, and half-assume i'm just gonna punt week 9 lol.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?/topic/305052-lafell-vs-martellus-bennett-whir-of-course/

D, Thomas if you check is the #1 Wideout this season. 188 yards and 2 TDs. Welker could have a diminished role, he might be a low end WR 1 if that. This is not as easy as SpaceSenator makes it. Eli could go off too. He did put up 500 yards.

Those are the reasons I'm hesitant to say yes to this trade. I am trying to get Harvin included in the trade instead of Welker which he may counter with Vincent Jackson. Then I would probably take it.

Who is on your wire? Any Lafells, Danny A's sorts?

Naw that was last week. Avery, Hawkins, Gibson, Hartline, etc. are all still around tho

I like Eli and Demaryius much more especially in a non PPR. Thomas is a red zone threat and the best receiver the Broncos have, Welker catches a lot of passes but is not a red zone threat and there are a few options in that offense. Eli and Brady are pretty close, id say almost even. Gotta stick w your team.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?/topic/304898-evaluate-my-team-trade-for-rivers-whir/page__p__2999796#entry2999796

Half the people in this thread have told me this is a no brainer. The other half are telling me to tweak the trade or not to take it. I thought this forums were supposed to be helpful?!?! Haha, jk. Bring on some more opinions. The more details you add the better the responses are. thanks everyone.

I'm in the minority, I guess, as I don't see it as a no-brainer. Sure, Brady's the best player in the deal. But Thomas is CLEARLY better than Welker. And while Hernandez is out NOW, he will be back. Then Welker starts seeing reduced time again. I think I'd rather have Thomas than Welker, easily.

Return the favor?

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?/topic/305199-bidding-on-pitta/

Id keep Eli and Thomas. Everyone knows Eli can air it out. Thomas is up and coming and a focal point of that offense, while Welker pretty much recently got demoted (w hernandez out though he should see more looks)

I would be on the fence too. QB's you have to look at defense and the RB situation. The Giants defense is terrible right now and so is their RB situation. So everything is going to have to come through the air like the Pats in the past. Now the Patriots have a good run game and what looks to be a solid defense. That may take quiet a bit of points away from Brady. I like Thomas over Welker too.

Brady is hard to pass up, and with Hernadez injured I'm thinking Welker might get his chance again...but it seems to me that NE is trying to phase him out and get Edelman ready to take over. But I would still do the trade because you're getting the best player. WRs are a dime in a dozen.

So, just do the trade.

I just tried for Brady and Harvin for Eli and Thomas and he rejected it. I am going back with him with this: I give him Eli and Thomas, he gives Brady and Vincent Jackson. What do you think about that trade?

to be honest. i like dt this year.. seems really good. plus welker for some reason is getting less playing time.. he will get more now since hernandez is out but remember down the line it might hurt you... but passing up brady is too dificult to do. so i guess do the trade.. then flip welker once he gets hot for some other wr that isnt doing that great...dont worry about week 9.. its better to take a hit one week then to worry each week where you would normally have to fill in byes for your players...gl

I just tried for Brady and Harvin for Eli and Thomas and he rejected it. I am going back with him with this: I give him Eli and Thomas, he gives Brady and Vincent Jackson. What do you think about that trade?

Thanks for the reply on mine...I'm not feeling this trade, as I'm not convinced you're really upgrading with Brady. Eli doesn't have much of a running game behind him and will need to air it out a lot... that, and I think Thomas has a bigger up side than Jackson given the QB talent throwing their way.

I wouldn't take that trade currently D. Thomas is the #1 fantasy reciever in standard scoring and Eli is ranked 3rd. Brady just lost Hernandez for 6 weeks and Welker is playing in a limited role that capes his upside. Plus Brady has a very tough playoff schedule he plays San Fran, Texans and the Jags ( who havent allowed a Passing TD yet this season). Overall Thomas is producing as a legit WR 1 and Manning is producing a top 5 QB.

That's one hell of a trade. It's almost too close to call. But I would say, based on week 9, not to take it. Unless you're bench is good enough to supplement all those positions without dragging you too far down that week, I'd keep Eli and Colston.