Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Riedle9

Who Would U Pick 5Th Overall?

Here is the thing about Williams, You never know which guy is going to show up. Last year it seemed like in the middle of the year he just did not care and the Nets were bad and losing, then all of a sudden he turns it on the last 20 or so games to what show Howard or other FA's that the Nets are good and to boost his stock.

Also Williams is great when he can shot all he wants in meanless games. When he was with the Jazz and they were making the playoffs or pushing towards them his numbers were still good but not top 5 worthy. It will be real interesting to see which Williams shows up for this Nets team this year.

I personally think the Nets are a mess and Williams will start out good because of the new arena and everything but again once the middle of the season rolls around and the Nets are 15 and 27 how will he play when he has that voice of Avery Johnson in his ear trying to push him.

I'd roll the dice with Steph Curry. He is elite when he plays and I think this year he will finally be healthy. Handcuff him with Jarret Jack and you should be straight.

Here is the thing about Williams, You never know which guy is going to show up. Last year it seemed like in the middle of the year he just did not care and the Nets were bad and losing, then all of a sudden he turns it on the last 20 or so games to what show Howard or other FA's that the Nets are good and to boost his stock.

Also Williams is great when he can shot all he wants in meanless games. When he was with the Jazz and they were making the playoffs or pushing towards them his numbers were still good but not top 5 worthy. It will be real interesting to see which Williams shows up for this Nets team this year.

I personally think the Nets are a mess and Williams will start out good because of the new arena and everything but again once the middle of the season rolls around and the Nets are 15 and 27 how will he play when he has that voice of Avery Johnson in his ear trying to push him.

I'm not worried about that. The Nets can very well be a top 5 team in the East (maybe even better depending on how Brook Lopez comes back), but at worst they're a low seed playoff team. D-Will turning it on or off shouldn't happen this year, and I expect him to play through his bogus minor injuries more often now. His FG% should improve a bit, his assists should be top 3 in the game or better, points will go down. I honestly can't see him being worth #5 overall in any scenario though, and Westbrook's durability makes me lean his way. I have this pick and it honestly has to be the worst available draft slot, I'm so mad.

I'd roll the dice with Steph Curry. He is elite when he plays and I think this year he will finally be healthy. Handcuff him with Jarret Jack and you should be straight.

why would you reach for Curry? Although it's very possible for him to put up top 10 value, I couldn't see myself passing on Wade or Westbrook for him.

You can easily grab him 2nd round no one would touch him at 1st round. I think he is early 3rd round or late 2nd at best. (15 - 18 team leagues).

You can easily grab him 2nd round no one would touch him at 1st round. I think he is early 3rd round or late 2nd at best. (15 - 18 team leagues).

True that's where Curry's value is right now and if it stayed that way through preseason then I wouldn't reach but I can see it going up once he gets on the floor. Curry is Darren McFadden right now. When on the floor he is one of the best players in fantasy. Jack is great insurance because he will put up good numbers if Curry were to go down.

Wade put up top 5 numbers in an injury plagued season and that was an off year for him! He finished 7th (9 cat) according to BBM the 2 previous yrs so he just got better really. Since he linked up with Bron and Bosh, his TOs were 3.1 in '10-11 and 2.6 in '11-12. With Bron handling the ball more, Wade can score more efficiently and turn the ball over less. Honestly, the only reason I'm taking Westbrook at 5 over Wade in at least 1 league is because he's just higher on my list of current favorite players to watch, thats all.. I'm not too worried about Wade's injury woes since the lockout season probably just wore him down. 75 games and I'm satisfied.

Wade/Westbrooke/Bynum depending on strat. I'm in a 10 cat league. Although Wade will be injured for the preseason which makes me sway away from picking him.

Josh Smith could really hurt your free throw percentage and field goal percentage. Sure he gets a lot of triple doubles but if oyu thinking like that I'd almost pick Rondo over Smith but that's just me.

I got the 5th pick in a H2H keeper league (9 cat) and I'm probably going for Russell