Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robrain

2012 Ryan Williams *** Player Value ***

I wouldn't, I'd much rather have Williams than Colston.

A bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush. If you could get Colston now and need WR help then do it. Williams is a lotto ticket and those always pan out to be the next Arian Foster, right? But that's the risk. If you are playing with house money maybe you hold, if you need a WR then get Colston. Really that simple.

If you really need a WR, leverage the offer that you've received for Colston to see if you can squeeze a better WR out of someone else. If not, use the Colston trade as a fallback option.

Are my Ryan Williams and my Brandon Lafell for Dwayne Bowe a good deal?

Truthfully I'm not sold on Dwayne Bowe (mainly because I think that KC offense has a good chance of being brutal for fantasy purposes). Dwayne Bowe probably isn't bad, the real question is if there's a real need for you at WR, if there's a need for you to get rid of Ryan Williams (do you think he could be useful to your roster if he does well?), and if there isn't a better WR that you could trade him for than Dwayne Bowe.

I'm not particularly high on LaFell either, but he could get better as the season goes on. I think I almost certainly like Bowe more than LaFell, but then again, there's a lot of WRs I like more than LaFell.

Well I am 1-2 right now and maybe panicking just a bit because I have actually never been under .500 in any of my fantasy seasons (I know...cool story bro). Anyways, part of my problem has been due to Maclin, Garcon, and Britt being injured/suspended, so that is why I think I need to deal Ryan Williams (or Andre Brown) for a WR, but maybe not based on the fact that Maclin is back to near 100%, and Britt should be increasing his production over the coming weeks. I think if the owner that is 0-3 would have accepted Williams for Bowe I would have done the deal, but he will only give up Colston for Williams. I am leaning towards standing pat, I just hope I don't regret not selling high on Ryan Williams.

Who do you like more ROS....Andre Brown or Ryan Williams? Would you trade either for Colston based on my current crop of WRs (Nelson, Maclin, Garcon, Britt, LaFell)?

It's tough to say, because we don't truly know what Andre Brown's role will be with any real certainty going forward. Ryan Williams at least right now should see the bulk of carries in Arizona. His performance with that workload will be what determines his value, but at least right now it looks like he's pretty much guaranteed the workload.

Ryan Williams opportunity makes me think he has more potential value than Andre Brown, who would either need Ahmad Bradshaw to underperform, or Ahmad Bradshaw to get injured.

With Beanie Wells now on I.R. for likely the entire season (minus maybe ~3 games at the end of the season), Ryan William's value hinges only on his own performance/health, not that of another player. I think he's the safer choice because of that.

Your WR's are clearly hurting, but you should aim for more than Colston. Maybe Andre Brown + Pierre Garcon to the Leonard Hankerson owner for a better WR. Or the reverse, Andre Brown + Brandon LaFell to acquire Leonard Hankerson. Hard to say because it really depends on what the team you're trying to trade with needs for their own roster.

Are my Ryan Williams and my Brandon Lafell for Dwayne Bowe a good deal?

Truthfully I'm not sold on Dwayne Bowe (mainly because I think that KC offense has a good chance of being brutal for fantasy purposes). Dwayne Bowe probably isn't bad, the real question is if there's a real need for you at WR, if there's a need for you to get rid of Ryan Williams (do you think he could be useful to your roster if he does well?), and if there isn't a better WR that you could trade him for than Dwayne Bowe.

I'm not particularly high on LaFell either, but he could get better as the season goes on. I think I almost certainly like Bowe more than LaFell, but then again, there's a lot of WRs I like more than LaFell.

Well I am 1-2 right now and maybe panicking just a bit because I have actually never been under .500 in any of my fantasy seasons (I know...cool story bro). Anyways, part of my problem has been due to Maclin, Garcon, and Britt being injured/suspended, so that is why I think I need to deal Ryan Williams (or Andre Brown) for a WR, but maybe not based on the fact that Maclin is back to near 100%, and Britt should be increasing his production over the coming weeks. I think if the owner that is 0-3 would have accepted Williams for Bowe I would have done the deal, but he will only give up Colston for Williams. I am leaning towards standing pat, I just hope I don't regret not selling high on Ryan Williams.

I'd stand pat and try to find a different trading partner for Ryan Williams within your league, if you're bent on trading him.

It's hard for me to say with any real certainty because I don't know what the full rosters are for the other teams in your league, nor your full roster. See my post on the previous page in this thread for the information that would actually be helpful when discussing trades (the rosters of both teams involved).

He's a high-end RB2 from here on out (at the least).

ARI are going to run as much as they can to avoid the disaster they have a QB. Rely on their defense and special teams to provide field position, and then run more. he has the talent and moves to break out a big play every game, regardless of the defense (Miami who?)

I would put him up there in the ranks of 10-15 right now. (ROS)

http://forums.footba...howtopic=659672

Not too get too much off topic, but would you trade Andre Brown for Colston then, instead of Williams?

I'd rather have Ryan Williams than Andre anyday... Andre has Bradshaw coming back, and David Wilson knocking at the doorstep.

You guys will all be disappointed by Williams...Sell high before he even plays i would say. I chose to pick up andre brown over williams this week.

Why? Brown had Bradshaw coming back, and he will take his place back, he also has Wilson just waiting to get in the games. Has to learn pass-block first, but he'll get there.

I would wait a couple of weeks to see what happens with williams. I dont think his perceived value is high enough. I wouldnt trade him for Colston. I think if he can show something (going against Miami this week is tough) you will be able to get more out of him. You arent in horrible hape at wr so you can be picky. People will become deparate for an rb that is decent as the season progresses. I would also look to trade leshoure. His per carry avg sucked against a horrible Ten rush defense. I would be looking to capitalize on that while you can.

Especially since we're just getting into bye weeks, teams should come knocking on your door to buy Ryan Williams from you once injuries and byes put a squeeze on their RB depth.

This week is just a light bye week, with just 2 NFL teams on Bye (Colts + Steelers).

Weeks 5-11 are a lot worse, with 4 NFL teams on Bye each week.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/byeweeks.cfm

You'll definitely get people requesting Ryan Williams via trade if he does well during the next few weeks.

There will be teams that planned badly at RB trying to fix their rosters.

Especially since we're just getting into bye weeks, teams should come knocking on your door to buy Ryan Williams from you once injuries and byes put a squeeze on their RB depth.

This week is just a light bye week, with just 2 NFL teams on Bye (Colts + Steelers).

Weeks 5-11 are a lot worse, with 4 NFL teams on Bye each week.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/byeweeks.cfm

You'll definitely get people requesting Ryan Williams via trade if he does well during the next few weeks.

There will be teams that planned badly at RB trying to fix their rosters.

Having said that... he's up against Miami this week (only allowing 64 rushing yards per game). If he can break out against them, all the merrier, but I'd at least give him a fair shot of an opponent that isn't ranked 2nd against the run.

Who do you like more ROS....Andre Brown or Ryan Williams? Would you trade either for Colston based on my current crop of WRs (Nelson, Maclin, Garcon, Britt, LaFell)?

It's tough to say, because we don't truly know what Andre Brown's role will be with any real certainty going forward. Ryan Williams at least right now should see the bulk of carries in Arizona. His performance with that workload will be what determines his value, but at least right now it looks like he's pretty much guaranteed the workload.

Ryan Williams opportunity makes me think he has more potential value than Andre Brown, who would either need Ahmad Bradshaw to underperform, or Ahmad Bradshaw to get injured.

With Beanie Wells now on I.R. for likely the entire season (minus maybe ~3 games at the end of the season), Ryan William's value hinges only on his own performance/health, not that of another player. I think he's the safer choice because of that.

Your WR's are clearly hurting, but you should aim for more than Colston. Maybe Andre Brown + Pierre Garcon to the Leonard Hankerson owner for a better WR. Or the reverse, Andre Brown + Brandon LaFell to acquire Leonard Hankerson. Hard to say because it really depends on what the team you're trying to trade with needs for their own roster.

No one has picked up Hankerson yet. Is there anyone on my team you think I should drop for Hankerson, or wait and see? The obvious 2 guys would be LaFell or Rudolph, but I paid some FAAB money for them, so that would be tough to swallow.

I would wait a couple of weeks to see what happens with williams. I dont think his perceived value is high enough. I wouldnt trade him for Colston. I think if he can show something (going against Miami this week is tough) you will be able to get more out of him. You arent in horrible hape at wr so you can be picky. People will become deparate for an rb that is decent as the season progresses. I would also look to trade leshoure. His per carry avg sucked against a horrible Ten rush defense. I would be looking to capitalize on that while you can.

I am not looking to trade LeShoure unless it's a home run deal, because he and Britt are the only 2 of my guys I have left who I have the chance to keep next year. We can keep 1 guy that we drafted and hold onto that was drafted in the 5th round or later. I can keep Britt for a 9th next year or LeShoure for a 10th, so those 2 guys hold more value to me than they do in other leagues.

Question: Andre Brown for Colston?

No one has picked up Hankerson yet. Is there anyone on my team you think I should drop for Hankerson, or wait and see? The obvious 2 guys would be LaFell or Rudolph, but I paid some FAAB money for them, so that would be tough to swallow.

I am not looking to trade LeShoure unless it's a home run deal, because he and Britt are the only 2 of my guys I have left who I have the chance to keep next year. We can keep 1 guy that we drafted and hold onto that was drafted in the 5th round or later. I can keep Britt for a 9th next year or LeShoure for a 10th, so those 2 guys hold more value to me than they do in other leagues.

If you own Garcon, you drop LaFell for Hankerson and your problems are solved. If dropping LaFell is bothering you, propose a 2-for-1 trade that nets you a player you like in exchange for LaFell + another player on your roster. That would free up a spot on your roster for Hankerson, and you wouldn't feel bad about dropping LaFell.

But whatever you do, pick up Hankerson ASAP. You want the #1 WR for RGIII at all costs.

Let's get the focus back to Ryan Williams player value. This isn't an all-inclusive thread for trade advice on every player.

Let's get the focus back to Ryan Williams player value. This isn't an all-inclusive thread for trade advice on every player.

I tried to stick to topic. I think most value him as a solid low-end RB2/flex play. I value him much more. high-end RB2/low-end RB1.

Arizona is going to force the run all day, every week.

Swooped up Hankerson off wires this morning and thrilled he was there. Would love Williams but not sure how to get him.

William's owner has:

qb - flacco

rb - martin, charles, williams, d.brown, forte

wr - lloyd, jones, harvin, decker, garcon, wayne

te - gates, rudolph

I just don't see what I really have on my roster that will entice him. I'm weak on my bench. Also trying would like to grab mendenhall while he is out and value is low, but just not sure the pieces I can deal to get these guys. Don't want to give up Rice, Green or Fitz, feel like those are my cornerstone players, I'm open to moving anyone else. I do like having Benson as he's a clear #1 RB altho he hasn't scored many points yet, really hoping to get some depth at rb.

I don't know if something like Maclin and somebody else?

It's my first year in an auction league and I spent too much money on receivers and rice up front, then there was a big run on RBs and now I'm stuck. Need to try and get another RB (have RB bye weeks 8, 10 aka playoff run time) but really not sure what I can do here.... any help??

Offer him Maclin, Avery, or Hankerson straight up for Ryan Williams. I like Hankerson the most out of those three, so I'd offer the other two WR's first, then "up" the offer by offering Hankerson if he declines the previous two offers.

I was able to trade Stafford + Avery today for Torrey Smith + Jacquizz Rodgers.

Yuck.

Williams was dropped in my keeper league last night. I'll be grabbing him early Saturday morning. I think the guy dropped him not knowing Wells was placed on the IR. :rolleyes:

I was able to trade Stafford + Avery today for Torrey Smith + Jacquizz Rodgers.

Yuck.

Roster-based decision. No real need to carry 2 QB's when you have both Stafford and Luck. Stafford is essentially the "brand name" / "proven" one of those two QB's, so he would most likely be the easiest to shop. Can only start 1 QB, needed a WR2 upgrade, plus RB2 depth, got both in that trade. 2 birds, one stone. You trade to fill needs on your roster, did exactly that.

Luck's schedule the rest of the season looks phenomenal, I might add.