Krono87

Paul George 2012-2013 Season Outlook - Ascension Into Stardom?

If you were to sell high on Paul George, not saying I want to, just curious, who would you be targeting?

It would have to be someone in the top 20, also depends on what position/stats you need for your team. Maybe Lillard, Rondo, Gasol ?

The counting stats won't be affected. I don't see how you can figure that. He still will have the same hustle in his game. I guess I can see asts dropping slightly if anything, but that might be the opposite of what happens since he'll have a scorer in Granger to dish to.

I can see his shots going down with his percentages going up, and that is ok with me. My team has scoring locked down, it's the percentages I need to start correcting.

points, rebounds, free throws, threes will definitely go down with granger around... steals and blocks might slightly take a dip, as well, as granger might also eat at those. not saying he's gunna be much worse, but his usage will undeniably subside with granger in the line-up. i hope his value gets better based on increased efficiency and maybe a couple added assists (i just traded for him, so trust me, i do), but it's hard to imagine.

When is granger expected to return?

The counting stats won't be affected. I don't see how you can figure that. He still will have the same hustle in his game. I guess I can see asts dropping slightly if anything, but that might be the opposite of what happens since he'll have a scorer in Granger to dish to.

I can see his shots going down with his percentages going up, and that is ok with me. My team has scoring locked down, it's the percentages I need to start correcting.

points, rebounds, free throws, threes will definitely go down with granger around... steals and blocks might slightly take a dip, as well, as granger might also eat at those. not saying he's gunna be much worse, but his usage will undeniably subside with granger in the line-up. i hope his value gets better based on increased efficiency and maybe a couple added assists (i just traded for him, so trust me, i do), but it's hard to imagine.

Is Granger even running yet? I heard hes due back the earliest in Feb and i doubt there going too rush him..

Another big game last night, even added 4 blocks. Is he just getting hot this month or are his numbers sustainable ROS? I don't watch many pacers games so not really sure what he's been doing differently now.

Another big game last night, even added 4 blocks. Is he just getting hot this month or are his numbers sustainable ROS? I don't watch many pacers games so not really sure what he's been doing differently now.

He's fully capable of maintaining this production. This is what the preseason hype was all about. This is what Coach Vogel was hoping for coming into this season.

What I like is that his defense has also improved and not just statistically but in reality. He had one silly foul last night but he is playing well both offensively and defensively.

welcome to my team, Paul George B)

must be kicking yourself

not off to the best start :P

Yeah not looking good tonight. He is such a streaky shooter. I mean one game he's breaking a franchise record for threes and the next he's dropping a goose egg. He's been on a great roll lately and hopefully he won't fall back into his early season slump.

I've been watching Suns-Pacers to check out how George is doing. This dude PJ Tucker has been guarding him. Anyone seen this guy play D? He is just a nasty defender. Probably the best perimeter defender I've seen this season. Just thought I'd post that in this thread since there's no point in creating a Tucker thread since he's not fantasy relevant.

When is Granger due back?

I have a feeling Hibbert will get into a grove mid season and then Granger comes back

I have a feeling Hibbert will get into a grove mid season and then Granger comes back

Do you mean George?

Do you mean George?

He probably means Hibbert bc George has already been in a nice grove this month, not sure why he's talking about Hibbert in this thread though.

I was looking forward to the Gay v George matchup today. +1 for George and his performance today. Continuing his outstanding play this season.

How does this guy manage to get blocked by Brandon Bass? Does physics even allow that? What just happened?!?!?

How does this guy manage to get blocked by Brandon Bass? Does physics even allow that? What just happened?!?!?

didn't even look like a block. George went up for a dunk and took off too far and Bass was just right there.

Looks like this will be his first bad game in awhile.

He's not playing too aggressive out there right now. A lot of players look dispirited though; both teams are playing decent offense, but the results are quite depressing.

Shot is just broke tonight. It happens. REALLY hurts FG%, but still producing across the board. If he didn't have so many stinking attempts it wouldn't even be a bad one.

What happens to George when Granger returns? How big of a drop in 3s and points should we expect?

Edited by Silky Silks

I'm starting to think not too much. Paul George is breaking out and the Pacers would be wise to keep feeding him.

I expect his 3s to stay the same or possibly even increase, as Granger will command some attention himself.

Any drop in scoring should be accompanied by an increase in FG%, which I'd actually prefer.

The thing is, the Indiana offense is something like the Memphis offense where no one averages more than 20ppg because they just have too many mouths to feed and they dump it to the post alot to Hibbert or West, and they move the ball alot as well. So even if Granger comes back I think George will still be in that 16-17ppg range with good amount of 3s and steals, but yes expect a little bit less touches with Danny back.

Edited by EL-Guti