Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1gq2nvy

Serge Ibaka 2012-2013 Season Outlook

With Harden gone, could this possible mean more shots for Ibaka? Martin isn't anywhere the threat that Harden is. Someone will have to step up and replace some of the points lost with Harden. This could be a great opportunity to integrate some inside scoring. Then again, this could just mean more Westbrook and Durant.

um..the only thing KMart does is score. That's kind of his specialty.

I believe b/c OKC has seen the way Ibaka has progressed with his offense that they wouldn't miss Harden's pts.

I think we will see an uptick in his shot attempts.

I think KMart will come off the bench and do the same thing Harden did for them. I don't think they will miss a beat.

Great trade for OKC!

I don't see Westbrook or Durant's scoring to increase significantly as a result of this trade. Durant might creep back closer to 29ppg. but I do see this as an opportunity for Ibaka to utilize his improved offensive skills to average 10-12ppg. He's no longer a liability on offense and I hope he averages around 31-32mpg. with that kind of an increase in minutes played (from 27 to 32mpg) his numbers could go up to 12ppg / 9.5 rpg / 1 spg / 4 bpg. i think this is his ceiling for this year. unless something crazy happens and Brooks gives his 38mpg. which we all know, won't happen.

I don't see Westbrook or Durant's scoring to increase significantly as a result of this trade. Durant might creep back closer to 29ppg. but I do see this as an opportunity for Ibaka to utilize his improved offensive skills to average 10-12ppg. He's no longer a liability on offense and I hope he averages around 31-32mpg. with that kind of an increase in minutes played (from 27 to 32mpg) his numbers could go up to 12ppg / 9.5 rpg / 1 spg / 4 bpg. i think this is his ceiling for this year. unless something crazy happens and Brooks gives his 38mpg. which we all know, won't happen.

i would like to see 13 ppg, 19 boards and 2.5 blocks

i would like to see 13 ppg, 19 boards and 2.5 blocks

Oh, is that all?

I just love how a raw athletic big man like Ibaka is working hard to develop a jumper and be an offensive threat. He seems to have great work ethic and attitude (not complaining for his lack of minutes), so I root for him.

His game has improved each season thus far.

3.7 blocks will tough to improve upon but I'd bet his points, rebounds and steals go up.

2nd round easy for me.

Serge I Block Ya!! Hitting 3's now, dude is going to step his game up to the next level.

If anyone thinks he'll be hitting any more than a few threes this entire season is, well, crazy. You're drafting him for his blocks, the 3's will be a complete non-factor. I wish people would stop even mentioning the 3's. Sort of like in the Anthony Davis thread, absurd.

Does Ibaka play almost exclusively next to Perkins? I could be wrong but it seems like Brooks like to rotate Thabeet and Collison in and out together, the same with Ibaka and Perkins. Not 100% but it also could explain a lot. Perkins aint no good for nobody never.

is ibaka back in the dog house like he was again last year? damn. i wanted to draft him but didnt. this sucks for ibaka

i remember he started poorly last season also, good time to buy low?

If you know of someone that would let you buy low after two games, then hell yeah. Ibaka will be fine. Just set your bar at 10/10/3 blocks and any additional offense will be gravy.

yea last year he started off super slow. and i wanted to drop him so bad. stuck with him and he led the league in blocks.

i just thought he was going to go off and pick up where he left off in the preseason. doesnt look like it. No 3 pt shots made either.

I'm thinking the same.

If he can start knocking down 2 threes a game at 40%, I could see him as a legit fantasy superstar

If he can start knocking down 2 threes a game at 40%, I could see him as a legit fantasy superstar

If Rasheed Wallace could average 20 ppg, 10 rpg, 5 3s, and 5 bpg, I could see him as a legit fantasy superstar as well.

If Rasheed Wallace could average 20 ppg, 10 rpg, 5 3s, and 5 bpg, I could see him as a legit fantasy superstar as well.

I agree, these two players are close to breaking out

He is a certified STUD this year.

Top 5 value potential with his revamped offensive game. SUPER efficient from the FG and FT this year as well... the only complaint is no AST or STL and he could REB a little more... but I'm just nitpicking.

i traded my ibaka for rudy gay+okafor earlier in the season...with the way ibaka is playing, i'm almost starting to regret it (though gay is having another stellar season)

I would def be regretting that deal, Ibaka is a safe bet to finish top 10 for 9 cat leagues.

^i'd like to thank the assistant coach forum for that one:

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=321481#entry3166354

but really, i needed the scoring and woulda never expected Ibaka to start scoring like a mad-man after the slow start. whats the chance he keeps up this pace, though? he didn't really look like that great of a scorer on the Spanish team..I figured he would be a 10 PPG player at most. this 15 PPG is a lot better than any1 coulda predicted.

To be honest, I think he can keep it going at a 14-15 PT clip given his silky midrange pop and put backs / easy flush dimes at the basket. Perkins isn't really involved in the offensive game and only so many scorers on this team outside of Durant and Westbrook