Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pikerbkb

Chris Givens 2012 Season Outlook

115 posts in this topic

Did not see a thread for this guy (for a good reason I am sure lol). Thinking about stashing him in my dynasty league. Anybody have opinions? He's got sub 4.4 wheels and seems to have good explosion in and out of breaks. Physically similar to Danarius Moore? Obviously, his situation is not great, but it looks like the Rams passing offense is improving.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000067516/Givens-52-yard-catch

Did i mention he has sub 4.4 speed? Come on, somebody at least post something negative here. :blink:

He's a good player, I've always been impressed when I watch him. I just don't think he'll be fantasy relevant anytime soon.

For what it’s worth, team sources tell us the Rams’ WR pecking order one month into the season appears to be: No. 1 WR Danny Amendola, No. 2 WR Brandon Gibson, No. 3 WR Chris Givens and No. 4 WR Austin Pettis. While Amendola remains far and away the most reliable fantasy weapon in this group, it’s worth keeping a close eye on Givens, who displayed impressive fantasy flash on a 52-yard reception last Sunday.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/week-five-fantasy-tips-wrs-193146744--nfl.html

Amendola reportedly has a broken collarbone, Givens played 69% of the snaps vs Gibson's 59% in Week 4 and Givens was the most targeted WR tonight (had 5, 1 more than Gibson, same amount as Amendola) and caught a 50yd TD.

Bradford loses his security blanket, Givens looks like he has skill (and speed), his snaps have seemingly gone up. I'm buying.

1 person likes this

Amendola reportedly has a broken collarbone, Givens played 69% of the snaps vs Gibson's 59% in Week 4 and Givens was the most targeted WR tonight (had 5, 1 more than Gibson, same amount as Amendola) and caught a 50yd TD.

Bradford loses his security blanket, Givens looks like he has skill (and speed), his snaps have seemingly gone up. I'm buying.

Except that without Amendola, Bradford looked absolutely terrible tonight.

Except that without Amendola, Bradford looked absolutely terrible tonight.

Yea he did. That was awful. I remember when Amendola got hurt last year it took a couple games before Salas settled into the Bradford security blanket role. It will be interesting to see how the staff adjusts the game plan with Givens.

What do you think, is Givens a "Given" to scoop off the waiver as an ultra sleeper??

Kid is fast, don't know much else about him.

5:38 2nd QTR - MIA vs STL: Givens 4 targets, 3 catches for 85 yards including a 65 yard reception. I'm dropping Hixon for Givens who will become my latest Mr. Irrelevant (last man on my roster).

With a healthy Nicks and Cruz to monopolize the targets and some tough competition at WR3 (Randle, Barden), I don't expect to get much from Hixon on a week to week basis. With Givens, I get a guy who is locked in to a starting position.

Givens might be a sneaky bye week fill in, and depending on how competitive your league is, you might not have to burn a waiver claim to get him. STL is playing Green Bay, so they'll be in catch up mode most likely. He's currently only 3% owned in Yahoo leagues. He had 7 targets last week, securing 3 for 85 yards. Speed to burn....

Trying to decide between him and Blackmon, who's also sitting on the wire.

I like the matchup this week too. Bradford and the rams should be throwing a lot to keep up with Rodgers. Lets get a shootout with a bomb to givens here!

I grabbed him in my dynasty league too, where I happen to have Bradford. Here's hoping he's more than just a flash in the pan.

It really shouldn't take too long before *someone* outshines Brandon freaking Gibson.

i realize this thread might not be objective, but here goes. This week i am in need of a WR big time. Givens / Stephen Hill (WR-NYJ @ NE) / or Hixon?...

..leaning towards Givens and the homerun!

any thoughts on Givens and his big Week 7 matchup against Green Bay? Has the potential for a big game...