Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jb_power

2012 Texas Rangers Outlook -- Late Season Collapse

21 posts in this topic

Wondering how much sleep Ron Washington got last nite.

The Rangers have lost 6 of their last 8 games and now have to play the A's for the Division title in Oakland.

Loser gets the WC ... YIKES!

I think either team would probably take care of the Orioles in a WC game, assuming the O's get the other Wild Card. The O's would probably have to throw Joe Saunders, who will get pounded. You never know though.

I think either team would probably take care of the Orioles in a WC game, assuming the O's get the other Wild Card. The O's would probably have to throw Joe Saunders, who will get pounded. You never know though.

O's can't be taken lightly. They have defied all odds this year in getting this far. Also, Saunders has been okay for the O's and is currently lined up, but Steve Johnson and potentially Jason Hammel are available to start too. I'd much rather see either of them. I wouldn't say that they will take care of the Orioles. They aren't going to go out easily.

O's can't be taken lightly. They have defied all odds this year in getting this far. Also, Saunders has been okay for the O's and is currently lined up, but Steve Johnson and potentially Jason Hammel are available to start too. I'd much rather see either of them. I wouldn't say that they will take care of the Orioles. They aren't going to go out easily.

I can understand that perspective from an Orioles fan. If I were an O's fan, I'd be excited right now as well. I'm just looking at it objectively. I just don't see Steve Johnson or Joe Saunders doing well in a one game playoff. Throwing one of those two at Arlington in particular would be a nightmare scenario if I were an Orioles fan.

If the Orioles win today and the Yankees lose the two play each other tomorrow with the loser playing again Friday as the wild card.

Oakland trying to mount a comeback, now down 5-2 w/1st and 3rd and no out

oh boy, all tied up at 5 now in the bottom of the 4th.

Dempster out and Holland in

edit that, Hamilton with a HUGE error in CF and the A's put 2 more on the board!

You think the O's hitters are intimidated by the Rangers pitching staff?

Darvish, who has been dominant the last two months, versus Joe Saunders. Anything can happen in a one game playoff, but that is a huge mismatch on paper. Then again, the Orioles are playing well and Texas is playing like excrement, so who knows? Saunders is one of the most hittable pitchers in baseball going against the deepest lineup in baseball, so I wouldn't feel great about that particular matchup if I were an Orioles fan.

Darvish, who has been dominant the last two months, versus Joe Saunders. Anything can happen in a one game playoff, but that is a huge mismatch on paper. Then again, the Orioles are playing well and Texas is playing like excrement, so who knows? Saunders is one of the most hittable pitchers in baseball going against the deepest lineup in baseball, so I wouldn't feel great about that particular matchup if I were an Orioles fan.

Orioles pen is outstanding. Saunders would get a fairly quick hook.

Darvish could also walk 6 batters and blown up. It's in him

Depends on where the game will be played. If the O's play at home I actually like their chances. That stadium will be rocking.

Yeah, I like Baltimore's chances at home. Going to Arlington is a completely different story. But Baltimore's been defying odds all year, so who knows?

No matter how you slice it or who the Rangers play next. That was an epic collapse. Reminds me of 2010 and what the Giants pulled off over the Padres.

Even with how bad the rangers have been, ya gotta give some credit where it's due.......GO A's!!

1 person likes this