Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stingarov

Matt Hasselbeck 2012 Season Outlook

6 posts in this topic

Jake Locker (shoulder) has been officially ruled out for Sunday, and coach Mike Munchak is "uncertain" of his status beyond Week 5.

Matt Hasselbeck will be under center against the Vikings. Although Munchak is admittedly uncertain about Locker's outlook, he doesn't expect his second-year quarterback to require surgery. Regardless, Locker's situation continues to have the hallmarks of a multi-week absence, and owners in two-QB leagues need to be making arrangements beyond Week 5 if they haven't already.

========================================================

And with that, we start off pondering Hasselbeck's value as a QB2 in yardage-heavy formats.

Matchups:

Min: B (17th overall for QB, but should be around 13th if Detroit could catch a TD)

Pit: C+ (19th overall for QB production but seem more "gougable" than they have in the past)

Buf: A (6th overall for QB production in Yahoo)

Ind: A (18th overall but given CJ1K's struggles, and their horrid corners...)

Chi: D (24th overall but look tougher than that)

Mia: A- (12th overall but a sieve compared to their run D so people will throw on them)

BYE

==========================================================

On the whole, a decent filler, particularly in light of the fact that their defense gives up the booty and their run game sucks. This is assuming Locker's out for an extended period of time (to the BYE), not necessarily going to happen.

Thoughts?

He's a easy bet for 200 yards and 2 TDs. I grabbed him in my 14 teamer where i'm streaming QBs and i'm starting him this week. His decision making is much better than Locker's since he is a vet and he could stay there as starter if locker's injury makes him miss a month or so.

1 person likes this

Old man can still sling it but if you get penalized heavily for TOs...watch out. Dude throws plenty of INTs...

As a CJ owner though, I welcome Matty Hass!

Old man can still sling it but if you get penalized heavily for TOs...watch out. Dude throws plenty of INTs...

As a CJ owner though, I welcome Matty Hass!

I like this. Matt looks good because Jake is awful

90927755_80f7a83a75.jpg

is that a movie poster broke hasselBACK mountain... all jokes aside i think i'm in to start this guy with romo on bye... he had pretty good production without an entire game against a good team last week, include a possible kenny britt and i like my chances