Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rotoking07

Gay may shut it down...

Saw this on CBS:

News: Does anyone want to finish the season for the Grizzlies? Mike Miller and Damon Stoudamire have been out for at least two weeks and won't be back to finish an awful season. Next might be rookie Rudy Gay, whose sprained right ankle may shut him down the rest of the way, which means three more games. Gay has been one of the Grizzlies' iron men. He has appeared in 77 games and played 2,093 minutes, second on the team in both categories. He has been impressive since the All-Star break, averaging 14.2 points and six rebounds over the past 23 games. He ranks third and second, respectively, among rookies in that span. "I want to push through it, but it's still sore," said Gay, who hurt the ankle last Friday against Golden State. "This is a big summer for me. I don't want anything to linger." Which is why it would be a surprise if the Grizzlies' trainers pushed Gay to play in the final trio of meaningless games, starting with the Nuggets on Saturday.

Analysis: Keep Gay reserved in all Fantasy leagues at this time. He's played well this season, but it's not worth starting him unless you don't have any other options.

Saw this on CBS:

News: Does anyone want to finish the season for the Grizzlies? Mike Miller and Damon Stoudamire have been out for at least two weeks and won't be back to finish an awful season. Next might be rookie Rudy Gay, whose sprained right ankle may shut him down the rest of the way, which means three more games. Gay has been one of the Grizzlies' iron men. He has appeared in 77 games and played 2,093 minutes, second on the team in both categories. He has been impressive since the All-Star break, averaging 14.2 points and six rebounds over the past 23 games. He ranks third and second, respectively, among rookies in that span. "I want to push through it, but it's still sore," said Gay, who hurt the ankle last Friday against Golden State. "This is a big summer for me. I don't want anything to linger." Which is why it would be a surprise if the Grizzlies' trainers pushed Gay to play in the final trio of meaningless games, starting with the Nuggets on Saturday.

Analysis: Keep Gay reserved in all Fantasy leagues at this time. He's played well this season, but it's not worth starting him unless you don't have any other options.

I think he's done for sure... Memphis is going to play this same lineup to end the year.

Hey RK7, can you look at my Daniels vs. Rondo post in the other forum? I need one more informed opinion on this before I make my decision. I'm down to 8 moves, will burn 2 tonight to get two streamers I need, and then I'd basically be down to 6 moves for the remaining 5 days of the Finals with Chris Paul running on vapors. If CP3 shuts it down, I could be in a tight bind if I burn a move on Rondo.