Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anthony1

Wr Power Rankings Discussion - Post Week 4

23 posts in this topic

Now that we are heading towards week 5, I think it would be a good idea if we can get some discussion going on, regarding our current WR Rankings. Obviously, everybody had a certain ranking going into their drafts, but at this point, those rankings are kinda out the window.

Go ahead and post your rankings, and we can discuss it and argue back and forth...

Here is my current rankings to kick things off:

Tier 1

1. Calvin Johnson (1)

2. A.J. Green (2)

3. Roddy White (3)

Tier 2

1. Julio Jones (4)

2. Victor Cruz (5)

Tier 3

1. Dwayne Bowe (6)

2. Brandon Marshall (7)

Tier 4

1. Mike Wallace (8)

2. Jordy Nelson (9)

3. Torrey Smith (10)

4. Percy Harvin (11)

5. Antonio Brown (12)

6. Miles Austin (13)

7. Demaryius Thomas (14)

Tier 5

1. Greg Jennings (15)

2. Hakeem Nicks (16)

3. Eric Decker (17)

4. Andre Johnson (18)

5. Larry Fitzgerald (19)

Tier 6

1. Marques Colston (20)

2. Wes Welker (21)

3. Reggie Wayne (22)

4. DeSean Jackson (23)

5. Vincent Jackson (24)

6. Stevie Johnson (25)

Tier 7

1. Steve Smith (26)

2. Jeremy Maclin (27)

3. Brian Hartline (28)

4. Dez Bryant (29)

5. Danny Amendola (30)

6. Andre Roberts (31)

7. Brandon Lloyd (32)

8. Pierre Garcon (33)

Tier 8

1. Lance Moore (34)

2. James Jones (35)

3. Kenny Britt (36)

4. Mike Williams (37)

5. Darrius Heyward-Bey (38)

6. Malcolm Floyd (39)

7. Nate Washington (40)

8. Denarius Moore (41)

9. Andrew Hawkins (42)

Upon first glance, I'd bump up Reggie Wayne a tier or two. He's leading the league in targets(Well, was before his Bye week, but is still only 9 behind), and honestly should catch 100 passes this year. I'm a big proponent of Roddy, but plenty of people will tell you that you're crazy for ranking him ahead of Julio.

I'm also putting Percy in Tier 3. Most under-rated WR in the league, by far.

1 person likes this

Oh, so these are the rankings for those wide receivers that have had the easiest schedule thus far?

You really think some of these guys can sustain this production? Andre Roberts comes to mind...31...over Lloyd and Garcon? No.

Nicks at 16 and Jennings at 15 when we aren't sure when they will be back, but Maclin at 27 who should be able to be productive once again.

These aren't very good Rest of the Season rankings.

Oh, so these are the rankings for those wide receivers that have had the easiest schedule thus far?

You really think some of these guys can sustain this production? Andre Roberts comes to mind...31...over Lloyd and Garcon? No.

Nicks at 16 and Jennings at 15 when we aren't sure when they will be back, but Maclin at 27 who should be able to be productive once again.

These aren't very good Rest of the Season rankings.

Then post what you think the rankings should be. Personally, I'd love to have both Nicks and Jennings on my team, because even if they miss 3 more weeks each, as long as I had them for the stretch run and the playoffs. I prefer high-end talent over guys that are relatively decent. Maclin hasn't done much this year, and his QB is struggling pretty bad.

As for Andre Roberts, I think he has some great upside. There has to be a couple of WR's that come out of nowhere and this guy might be one of them. I've always thought that Brandon lloyd is tremendously overrated. Pierre Garcon is ranked where he is because he's really only played 1 game this year. Any WR could have a huge game every now and then. Consistency is what matters.

desean too low. should be in the same tier as torrey smith

I might tend to undervalue DeSean and VJax because they are so boom or bust.

but neither belongs anywhere near Torrey Smith, imo

I think Green should be the number 1 overall ahead of Calvin. He has outscored him by almost 20 points and the Cincinnati offense just looks better.

Percy Harvin should be Tier 1.

No way in hell should DeSean Jackson be in the same class as Torrey Smith. Matter of fact Torrey should probably be moved up a tier.

Percy Harvin should be Tier 1.

Wow, are you serious ? You'd put Percy Harvin up there with Megatron, A.J. Green and Roddy White ?

Any time you see the words Larry Fitzgerald and Tier 5 in the same continent you know the rest of the thread isn't worth reading.

1 person likes this

Any time you see the words Larry Fitzgerald and Tier 5 in the same continent you know the rest of the thread isn't worth reading.

Lol no love for my man Fitz. Call me bias but I think Decker will finish top 15. Him and Peyton have missed on ALOT of endzone targets. That has to improve.

Fitz,Nicks,Andre in Tier 5? DeSean too low as well. Antonio Brown and Torrey Smith too high. just my 2

1 person likes this

Lol no love for my man Fitz. Call me bias but I think Decker will finish top 15. Him and Peyton have missed on ALOT of endzone targets. That has to improve.

I meant that Fitz should be Tier 1 is there ever was a Tier 1. Fitz, Megatron, Green and Jones are all on a different continent from the rest of the receivers in the league. With all due respect to the 5'9 nifty ppr Gods (Welker) and the 6'0 rock solid route runners with glued hands (White), the Elite Tier of receivers belong to the 6'4, 220s. In Calvin's case, 6'5, 235.

I meant that Fitz should be Tier 1 is there ever was a Tier 1. Fitz, Megatron, Green and Jones are all on a different continent from the rest of the receivers in the league. With all due respect to the 5'9 nifty ppr Gods (Welker) and the 6'0 rock solid route runners with glued hands (White), the Elite Tier of receivers belong to the 6'4, 220s. In Calvin's case, 6'5, 235.

Yeah I know what you meant. I was more talking about the other guy. I agree with you mostly although I do think Jones is a bit hyped.

DJax > Smith > VJax

2 people like this

DJax > Smith > VJax

I agree. DeSean is still the best of the 3 in my eyes. I dont understand how anybody thinks Torrey Smith is soo much better than DeSean that its not even close... r u serious? How so? DeSean had 1 down year where he was obviously slacking off because he wanted his money, not making excuses for him but it is what it is. This yr he looks like the DeSean from his first few yrs in the league. Maybe I just have a soft spot for him but DeSean is still crazy explosive imo.

The sooner people stop ranking players based on name and start ranking in terms of production, the better off everyone will be in terms of fantasy results. I don't agree with every ranking the OP has, but I certainly have no problem with Fitz and a few others being that low or with his rankings in general. Personally, I think Kolb sucks and that will have a direct impact on Fitz. Andre is 31 and his targets have diminished considerably with Daniels currently leading the team in that department. Jennings and Nicks can't seem to stay healthy.

Again, the thought that some of the "big name guys" being placed in in lower tiers makes the overall list unreadable is wrong imo. Especially when you consider just how inconsistent the WR position is.

I agree with a lot of this list and the idea that name value should not trump on-field production, and thus, there is no way Julio should be as high as he is. Also, Wayne is criminally undervalued here. He should be in Tier 4 at least. And yes, Harvin needs to be in Tier 2 or 3.

Lloyd also needs a bump.. below Andre Roberts???

How in the world does Julio Jones get such high a ranking? Same tier as Cruz?? No way..Roddy is the go to guy in Atlanta, and there aren't enough balls to go around to give Julio the production he needs to be that high. He also has dropitis and isn't realible. I think he's closer to a VJax type than a Cruz type.

How in the world does Julio Jones get such high a ranking? Same tier as Cruz?? No way..Roddy is the go to guy in Atlanta, and there aren't enough balls to go around to give Julio the production he needs to be that high. He also has dropitis and isn't realible. I think he's closer to a VJax type than a Cruz type.

Giant fan here. Cruz is pretty darn good at dropping passes.

Giant fan here. Cruz is pretty darn good at dropping passes.

Victor Cruz has one dropped pass since week 1

1 person likes this