Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FearTheBeard

Matt Kemp 2013 Outlook

1,305 posts in this topic

Dodgers beat writer shared some interesting info today, Kemp was expected to just need a cleanup in the shoulder but actually needed a repair and had a surgery similar to A-Gone. Still expected to be ready for opening day, but this sure as hell can't help his value.

I haven't had a lot of luck with Kemp owning him in 2010, and 2nd half 2012 - with that and this, I'll be looking else where in the 1st.

Few Tweets from Dylan Hernandez

Dylan Hernandez@dylanohernandez

#Dodgers were hoping Kemp would need only a cleanup; he had to get a repair. Still, he's expected to be ready for opening day.

Dylan Hernandez@dylanohernandez

Sounds like Kemp will be working through this through spring training. Could face a similar recovery as Adrian Gonzalez in 2011.

Ughh.... don't like the sound of that. Have him in my Dynasty... that lineup in LA is so enticing.... he could put up moster numbers.... but I really don't like the sound of that... Why you have to mention Gonzo..... Ughhh...

Kemp doesn't really use his legs when swinging, so this type of injury/repair could really zap his power.

Kemp doesn't really use his legs when swinging, so this type of injury/repair could really zap his power.

Completely agree.

any chance this injury drops his draft value to 2nd-3rd round? I would absolutley love that and jump all over it.

No chance in my opinion. It's still Matt Kemp in his prime.

any chance this injury drops his draft value to 2nd-3rd round? I would absolutley love that and jump all over it.

No chance of that happening. I could see him going as high as #4 in the 1st round.

No chance of that happening. I could see him going as high as #4 in the 1st round.

After injury news lile this breaking mid December it would be hard for me to draft Kemp over Albert or even Cano.I think Spring Training will confirm or clear up a lot of concerns.

Remember Beast Mode Never Sleeps!!! I'm thinking he'll have a nice rehab process.

1 person likes this

Per his twitter account. Doctors gave him the okay to start doing upper body workout. On point for the start of training camp.

I'm keeping him regardless. Hopefully he gets into good shape and the shoulder is 100% by opening day, when he's healthy he is one of if not the most devastating hitters in the game.

1 person likes this

matt kemp of 2011...stat wise you will never see again. 50/50 is impossible. the dodgers picked up hanley.....he doesnt do nothing anymore but is a name. they have a bunch of pickups of guys who showed their numbers are going down. something like the marlins last year. looks good on paper.

a lot of over-reaction going on in this thread.......if this is any indication of true draft feelings kemp is going to be a bargain in '13 in a ton of leagues.......dude has a great work ethic and all the raw ability in the world.....put that together and you get a season like '11, and at his age he can certainly do it again......don't sleep on this guy, he's very much for real and if he's healthy '13 could top '11

I would bet any amount of money he will never do better than his 2011 season. not saying he will not be a top guy though.

I would bet any amount of money he will never do better than his 2011 season. not saying he will not be a top guy though.

that's not saying much. he could win an mvp with a lesser season than his 2011

Even if his power is sapped Kemp is a steals guy and will net a lot of runs/steals/RBIs in that lineup. I would still take him with my first round pick unless i could get Braun, Miggy, or Trout.

If Kemp stays healthy all season long...the dude is MVP and best player in baseball.

He was pretty banged up last year, so I think he'll redeem himself and put up some nice value.

He was pretty banged up last year, so I think he'll redeem himself and put up some nice value.

Since he'll go in the first round, he'll have to have a pretty extraordinary season to be a "value pick".

He's like the only player I know who has a mediocre season comparatively and doesn't drop at all in ADP