Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

poopdungbeatle

Damn the no trade clause.

Don't you think they'd have to transform their entire offense if they got Kobe? I mean, who is going to run the court at the 4 in replacement, Howard? No way, too undersized. I think they would become to small of a team with him. I do agree that it would be hard to turn that deal down, and Kobe is the better player by far obviously. As far as the way Dallas is structured and all, I just don't see this move improving them in the Ws. You know more than me though, so I'm curious what you think about this move if it were to happen as far as the W-Ls go for not just Dallas but LA as well.
the mavs offense is built around dirk but it could easily be switched to be built around kobe. its a pretty simple offense since most of it is based on screening to create mismatches, then iso-ing on the mismatch. all that is required is 1 dominant scorerwho can create mismatches, i think kobe fits the bill.

I can't see Cuban dealing dirk for Kobe...the guy loves Dirk like a brother, did you see him bawl his eyes out when he presented Dirk with the MVP...he wouldn't even deal Dirk for shaq when diesel was the toast of the town...at the time he was a dominating center that everyone wanted....trust me this rumor has no validity...Cuban WILL NOT PART WITH DIRK...

you forget that cuban's also a very savvy businessman. didnt he supposedly have a great relationship with nash as well? did he have a problem buying out finley?

dont get fooled by his buddy buddy act, cuban can be very shrewd.

business-wise, acquiring kobe would be a great move.

you forget that cuban's also a very savvy businessman. didnt he supposedly have a great relationship with nash as well? did he have a problem buying out finley?

I dont get how its a great move though really. Dirk is clearly better for that team as constructed.

Trust me chill, He is not dealing dirk for anybody. He is a loyalist, his players know that and the entire nba knows that....He has a special relationship with Dirk that goes beyond buisness venture (he didn't have that with nash) - and the reason he dealt nash in the first place is because he wanted to be compensated in FA and Cuban would not do that. But as far as a Dirk for Kobe deal that will never ever happen.

How much would it really change business wise? They always seem to be at the top attendance wise.

Trust me chill, He is not dealing dirk for anybody. He is a loyalist, his players know that and the entire nba knows that....He has a special relationship with Dirk that goes beyond buisness venture (he didn't have that with nash) - and the reason he dealt nash in the first place is because he wanted to be compensated in FA and Cuban would not do that. But as far as a Dirk for Kobe deal that will never ever happen.

OT- and holy crap I think I just got vet status with this last post? I popped the rookie cherry...there seems to be salty discharge coming from my tear ducts.

How much would it really change business wise? They always seem to be at the top attendance wise.

Yeah I dont see Kobe being a bigger draw for them. Maybe Im missing somethin here but.

ok we disagree. i dont think there's such thing as a loyal businessman, especially someone with cuban's success. he didnt deal nash, he just didnt match the suns offer...cuz he didnt think nash was worth the money.

Yeah I dont see Kobe being a bigger draw for them. Maybe Im missing somethin here but.

Well he'd almost for sure be a bigger draw on the road, but I don't know if the road teams get a piece or anything like that.

sponsors/endorsements, even bigger share of road attendance. kobe is a huge draw and much more of a global icon than dirk will ever be.

edit: they do get a piece of road attendance

ok we disagree. i dont think there's such thing as a loyal businessman, especially someone with cuban's success. he didnt deal nash, he just didnt match the suns offer...cuz he didnt think nash was worth the money.

I'm totatlly cool with that...great insight though Chill and I'm already pumped for bball with all this talk!

sponsors/endorsements, even bigger share of road attendance. kobe is a huge draw and much more of a global icon than dirk will ever be.

edit: they do get a piece of road attendance

When you say endorsements are you talking about whoever sponsors Kobe? If so, would Dallas get a piece of that even if it just meant what shoe Kobe wears? I do agree with other possible sponsors as far as like bannars and naming to the stadium along with all of those types of deals, as well as road attendnace.

I honestly think he let him go cause Nash wanted to go. Nash wanted out of Dirks shadow.

I honestly think he let him go cause Nash wanted to go. Nash wanted out of Dirks shadow.

no, nash and dirk are the best of friends. he didnt wanna go, but cuban just didnt match.

add the fact that dantoni and amare flew to nash and woo'ed him like a Persian prince...

When you say endorsements are you talking about whoever sponsors Kobe? If so, would Dallas get a piece of that even if it just meant what shoe Kobe wears? I do agree with other possible sponsors as far as like bannars and naming to the stadium along with all of those types of deals, as well as road attendnace.

no, the extra sponsors and endorsements that dallas would get for having kobe on the team. they'd sell more team gear, not to mention the extra TV revenue from even more nationally and internationally televised games. even after kobe's transgressions hes still a money magnet.

add the fact that dantoni and amare flew to nash and woo'ed him like a Persian prince...

I mean Nash n Dirk are like best friends but I think Nash just wanted his own fame and felt he was in the shadow of Dirk. Wanted to prove he was elite even without him.

"woo" or not, cuban didnt match, so the dog and pony show was unnecessary. that was just cuban making a shrewd business move.

actually dirk encouraged him to take the offer from phx- he said he wanted Nash to succeed and be rewarded as the type of player he thinks he is. It sure worked out for the both of them anyways.

I mean Nash n Dirk are like best friends but I think Nash just wanted his own fame and felt he was in the shadow of Dirk. Wanted to prove he was elite even without him.

he was already elite. nash aint in it for the personal glory. the guy shies away from attention. basically, i think you're wrong B)

actually dirk encouraged him to take the offer from phx- he said he wanted Nash to succeed and be rewarded as the type of player he thinks he is. It sure worked out for the both of them anyways.

See Gargz. B)

he was already elite. nash aint in it for the personal glory. the guy shies away from attention. basically, i think you're wrong B)

Elite yes but in the shadow of Dirk.

"woo" or not, cuban didnt match, so the dog and pony show was unnecessary. that was just cuban making a shrewd business move.

maybe not to us , but that "dog and pony" show is a big deal to nba players ...it makes them feel wanted by an organization - especially if your current one says they may go in a different direction.

See Gargz. B)

thats not the point you're trying to make, so i dont know what there is to see. fact is, if cuban really was loyal, he wouldve matched. he didnt cuz he didnt think it was a good business move.