Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

verycoolnin

2012 ALDS: Orioles vs. Yankees

189 posts in this topic

Ok, looks like we'll get a start time of 8:40 PM tonight, hopefully. It's going to be 50 to upper 40s with fog and mist.

Cal Ripken Jr and John Smoltz doing color commentary? At least this will be called objectively :rolleyes:

Two great major league players. Now that's just horrible.

O's need to get a nice solid hit to break the nerves. Sabathia cruising so far.

CC Sabathia is on his game tonight. It's going to be really tough for the Orioles.

NICE!! Let's go O's. Beyond my normal Yankee hating, the Orioles have a tremendous fan base that has deserved so much more than what they have received over the years. If the Tigers can manage to finish off the A's and did not make the WS, I would want the O's and their fans to have a shot. This has been a magical year for them and I have been smiling the whole way with the few O's fans I know that are great baseball people but have been on the outside looking in more often than not.

1 person likes this

Chris Davis has the play of the day so far. That was just like how Nick Markakis would play if off the wall.

Chris Davis has the play of the day so far. That was just like how Nick Markakis would play if off the wall.

And now he has the two plays of the day. Great catch getting screened off by that wall.

Come on CC, just hold them two more innings and let's get this to Robertson/Sori...

Nobody should be surprised that the Yanks didn't score there in the 7th. That will come back to cost them dearly.

Hindsight is obviously 20/20, but I don't see the point of Jeter bunting there when he led the AL in hits and the Yankees struggle to push runs across as is. Why give the out away there? Swing the damn bat.

Of course....don't get me started on A-Rod hitting 3rd

Hardy starts off the bottom of the 8th with a double, O's need to score here.... Got their star at the plate.

So many key runners left in scoring position tonight on both sides...this game should be tied at 5 right now instead of 2.

Sabathia really came up big tonight...

AND SO DID RUSSELL MARTIN!!! BOOOOOM!

Get your shirts tucked in Yankee fans, it's Sori time if the Yanks can ever stop scoring. I like the fact that we got to Johnson in particular. I don't see him getting rattled for future games but hey, you never know. Keep making them use up pitchers.

This is a great game and this team really has its work cut out for it. We need Andy to come up huge tomorrow like Sabby did tonight.

So many key runners left in scoring position tonight on both sides...this game should be tied at 5 right now instead of 2.

CC was outstanding tonight. I'd have to rack my brain since he was obviously a big part of the 2009 World Series team, but it's probably his best postseason start since then.

They've really piled on here in the 9th, but I don't mind. Should be interesting to see how Soriano pitches since this is the first Yankee postseason since '97 where Mariano Rivera isn't out there to get the final outs. I like Soriano, but nobody is Mo.

Get your shirts tucked in Yankee fans, it's Sori time if the Yanks can ever stop scoring. I like the fact that we got to Johnson in particular. I don't see him getting rattled for future games but hey, you never know. Keep making them use up pitchers.

This is a great game and this team really has its work cut out for it. We need Andy to come up huge tomorrow like Sabby did tonight.

Obviously asking a lot to take both games on the road, but I love that we have Pettitte on the hill. He might be the best big game pitcher in this tournament.

CC was outstanding tonight. I'd have to rack my brain since he was obviously a big part of the 2009 World Series team, but it's probably his best postseason start since then.

They've really piled on here in the 9th, but I don't mind. Should be interesting to see how Soriano pitches since this is the first Yankee postseason since '97 where Mariano Rivera isn't out there to get the final outs. I like Soriano, but nobody is Mo.

Yeah. He was mediocre at best in his 3 starts in 2010 (although we won every start he made), and last year he was a key contributor to us not beating Detroit (wasn't sharp in Game 3 and gave up what was ultimately the deciding run in Game 5). Glad to see him get back on track in the postseason, and he's really been on a roll in his last 4 outings. He's got that "ace" factor back for the time being and I couldn't be more thrilled.

I love Mo, but I have the utmost confidence in Raffy after what he's done this year. Luckily he's got a nice lead to work with now just in case he has any jitters at all (which I doubt he will, he's pretty cool under pressure from what we've seen).

Agree about Andy, I know it would've been nice to have the lefty at home in a Game 3 to neutralize the lefties with the short porch and all that, but most of the Orioles heavy hitters are righties anyway. Not to mention Kuroda has been just lethal at home. I like the decision by Joe, which is rare haha.

Don't know if I agree with them letting CC try for the complete game, but at least it would save the entire bullpen for Game 2.

Johnson doesn't blow up much, but when he does, it is usually brutal.

I'm surprised they got to him as bad as they did.

Yeah he usually manhandles us. Didn't get many breaks though, that Ichiro at bat was as lucky as it gets.

I'm a little annoyed at the Yankees making pivotal baserunning blunders and Girardi needs to make sure that doesn't continue. That play by Ichiro in the first inning wasn't just "trying to make something happen" to me. It was sheer stupidity, although I guess with A-Rod's ineptitude at the plate I get why he tried something. The Tex play was inexcusable though, he was out by a mile.

Yeah he usually manhandles us. Didn't get many breaks though, that Ichiro at bat was as lucky as it gets.

I'm a little annoyed at the Yankees making pivotal baserunning blunders and Girardi needs to make sure that doesn't continue. That play by Ichiro in the first inning wasn't just "trying to make something happen" to me. It was sheer stupidity, although I guess with A-Rod's ineptitude at the plate I get why he tried something. The Tex play was inexcusable though, he was out by a mile.

I agree. Baserunning could have cost the Yankees tonight between that and Tex trying to stretch that hit into a double.

I'd strongly consider moving A-Rod down in the lineup. At the very least, Cano should be entrenched in the 3rd spot.

Robertson K's Flaherty to end the game. Nice Game 1 win, but the Yankees have seemingly gotten a bunch of Game 1 wins in recent postseasons only to drop the next 3.