Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Code of Hammurabi

Jordan Crawford 2012-2013 Season Outlook

168 posts in this topic

He's the next in an epic line of the type of inefficient, me first, selfish chuckers I just loath. I would only draft him if I wanted to inflict great punishment on myself for some egregious moral/ethical violation. DO NOT DRAFT WITH CONFIDENCE.

Copy that.

He couldn't earn heavy burn last season, so with Beal coming in I don't know how that could possibly improve his prospects. He's probably gonna sink to 22-25 MPG. While he may help in 1 or 2 cats, he's gonna kill you in the rest. I don't like that trade off.

There are about 10-15 other combo guard/back up PG's that I would rather roster.

He reminds me so much of Jamal Crawford....that terrible FG% and maddening streaky set of games...you just never know when to play him.

1 person likes this

He reminds me so much of Jamal Crawford....that terrible FG% and maddening streaky set of games...you just never know when to play him.

this

I think Beal will have him relegated to a fairly deep bench role by mid-season.

1 person likes this

Back to fantasy relevance? He's starting and has pulled some nice stat lines. Washington has no firepower outside of him and if he auditions well may hold long term value next to wall? watching the game to see if he's still a chuck it first guy...but love people's perspective as i need a good SG.

He's not exactly playing against elite defensive talent at the guard position tonight, but he's certainly off to a promising start if he continues to be a starter.

I have faith in this guy, this is his 3rd year in the NBA. He should produce solid numbers, and most likely the Wizards will take time adjusting Beal into the NBA, they started him way too early, hes not exactly there in comparison to other top-round draftees

I have no faith in him, but picked him up and will ride until the wheels fall off. Wheeee!

He's the next in an epic line of the type of inefficient, me first, selfish chuckers I just loath. I would only draft him if I wanted to inflict great punishment on myself for some egregious moral/ethical violation. DO NOT DRAFT WITH CONFIDENCE.

God, this line still makes sense.

Why does this guy take 3's?

This year he's shooting 41.2% overall, take away all the 3's and he's up to 46.3%.

Last year it's similar: 40.0% overall, 45.1% without

Why does this guy take 3's?

This year he's shooting 41.2% overall, take away all the 3's and he's up to 46.3%.

Last year it's similar: 40.0% overall, 45.1% without

He once said he believes he can be an all time great, comparable to MJ & Kobe.

That's probably gonna require him to jack up 3s.

He has pretty good value if you're punting FG%.

So is anybody picking him up? His line from the past 10 games sure looks enticing...

(31:40 MIN --- 6.6/15.7 FGM/FGA --- 0.420 FG% --- 3.7/4.2 FTM/FTA --- 0.881 FT% --- 1.4 3PTM --- 18.3 PPG --- 3.5 REB --- 5.0 AST --- 0.7 STL --- 0.0 BLK --- 2.3 TO)

It seems like 10 games ago he got a more consistent role in the rotation or maybe he just wasnt yanked as much, I dunno they aren't my team nor are they a team I would follow. 10 games is a nice round number too so that helps. There are a couple duds in there but his role seems pretty secure. It also helps for me to not cherry pick (althought I guess technically I did heh). Then you throw in the fact that Wall is M.I.A. and Price just got hurt he seems like the last man standing. I don't know how many minutes Livingston is in for. I was really surprised he is dishing it as well as he has been. I am also surprised that his 3PTM is not higher because he is a chucker and usually they take enough 3's to make a bunch per game. There is no way he becomes an efficient shooter but if he can get more STLs he is going to be very useful (until Wall gets back of course). Anybody who follows WAS got anything to add?

He was dropped today in my league before the game. Wondering is he worth a wavier pickup.

So is anybody picking him up? His line from the past 10 games sure looks enticing...

(31:40 MIN --- 6.6/15.7 FGM/FGA --- 0.420 FG% --- 3.7/4.2 FTM/FTA --- 0.881 FT% --- 1.4 3PTM --- 18.3 PPG --- 3.5 REB --- 5.0 AST --- 0.7 STL --- 0.0 BLK --- 2.3 TO)

It seems like 10 games ago he got a more consistent role in the rotation or maybe he just wasnt yanked as much, I dunno they aren't my team nor are they a team I would follow. 10 games is a nice round number too so that helps. There are a couple duds in there but his role seems pretty secure. It also helps for me to not cherry pick (althought I guess technically I did heh). Then you throw in the fact that Wall is M.I.A. and Price just got hurt he seems like the last man standing. I don't know how many minutes Livingston is in for. I was really surprised he is dishing it as well as he has been. I am also surprised that his 3PTM is not higher because he is a chucker and usually they take enough 3's to make a bunch per game. There is no way he becomes an efficient shooter but if he can get more STLs he is going to be very useful (until Wall gets back of course). Anybody who follows WAS got anything to add?

If you have player to drop I would pick him up he can be dynamic as a PG even though he doesn't have natural ability at the position and can do more than just score. He even had a triple double last year. He is a chucker though and has a tendency to get cold and put up horrible shooting nights plus he struggles against good defenders when he plays PG. Still extremely gifted offensively and hopefully he can keep his head in the game.