Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

munygon2

Jamie Harper 2012 Season Outlook

13 posts in this topic

ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio does not expect Chris Johnson to be a Titan in 2013.

If Johnson is on the Titans' roster the week after the Super Bowl, $9 million of his $10 million 2013 base salary becomes fully guaranteed. There's just no way they can pay a guy who is averaging 3.75 yards per carry with four touchdowns over his last 21 games that kind of coin. Florio suggests the Titans could/should be willing to trade Johnson now instead of getting nothing for him after the season. Perhaps the 4-1 Cardinals, who have lost Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams, will make an offer.

Does this mean Harper might have a legit shot at becoming the starter if Johnson is moved out?

What kills me is that the Titans seem to refuse to give anybody else on their roster any carries when Chris Johnson has averaged like 2 yards a carry.

Now granted, everybody is blaming the offensive line....And probably that is most of it.

But why not give somebody else a few carries and see what they do? Maybe if they just hit the hole a little harder or a little differently than Johnson, they'd get some results.

Harper is a guy that can get a couple yards after first contact.....If I'm coaching the Titans, he'd be getting a few carries...At least in short yardage.

1 person likes this

I'm not forecasting much more than short yardage carries for this guy, to be honest...CJ0K is getting overpaid so much it seems like they're set in stone to stick with him the remainder of the season.

I'm not forecasting much more than short yardage carries for this guy, to be honest...CJ0K is getting overpaid so much it seems like they're set in stone to stick with him the remainder of the season.

I tend to agree. The Titans continue to make excuses for CJ at every turn and seem to have no shame in running him out there to get embarrassed every week. Harper may steal some TD's, but I don't see much of a role otherwise for him.

1 person likes this

Granted he had 2 TD's against possibly the worst defense in NFL history (Buffalo) lastweek, Harper now has 3 TDs in the past two games. Tennessee is playing another cottonball D this week in Indianapolis. A true TD vulture, I may have to do something crazy...such as start him this week! Crazy?

Losing MJD and Murray in my 14 teamer, I'm going to take a chance. Sad but it's slim pickings in a 14 teamer.

Lendale White lite?

Sorry, no such thing as a "lite" Lenwhale :D

TD heavy leagues should probably take note or if you're in a desperate situation like Ludawg above. He doesn't get many touches so just be ready for an 0'fer or 1 point if he doesn't score. I'd imagine he's the cuff to CJ right now....

as a titans fan, coaches speak of him highly, and i can guarnatee you that this guy will get the goal line carriers this season, especially with the titans in desperate to win, they will feed him in the redzone...

GO TITANS!!

Of course, Ringer averaged only 3YPC compared to CJ's 4 YPC last year

Harper himself averaged a beastly 2.6 YPC last year compared to his still solid 1.2 YPC this year.

There's a reason nobody but CJ gets the carries on the titans, it's because their other RBs are WAY worse.

He does get some goalline carries, so maybe you'll sneak out a TD. But typically CJ has gotten first try at goalline even. With CJ looking legit and Harper still looking horrible I think he's one of the worse handcuffs in the league and probably shouldn't be owned in 14 team leagues and smaller.

Jamie Harper, RB, TEN

News: Tennessee running back Jamie Harper will serve as the backup to starter Chris Johnson for possibly the remainder of the season after Javon Ringer was placed on season-ending injured reserve earlier this week. Harper has been playing in that position recently while Ringer has been nursing an injury and recorded three touchdowns over his past two games. He enters Week 8 against Indianapolis averaging just 1.2 yards per carry and will face a Colts defense that is surrendering 141.7 yards a week on the ground to opponents.