Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ballfan4141

Rudy Gay 2012-2013 Season Outlook

628 posts in this topic

Should make a few more threes as his numbers dropped there last year

I've seen him falling in the mock drafts to well into the third round which could be some very good value.

Not sure what other position he should be eligible at than sf. Which to me is why I think he's good value. SF's are REALLY hard to come by this year. I'm finding this especially true if you play 8 cat as a bunch of mid round sf's have a bunch of value because they are low TO's. He seems to be going in the mid 20's from what I've seen and the drop off for SF's after him seems very far.

Even if he only meets expectations he's higher value because the chances of your other choices living up to their ADP is pretty weak.

Wasn't Rudy Gay playing at 1st round level in 10-11 before separating his shoulder? I think Z-bo was in the lineup back then. I drafted him last year, hoping that he would rebound to those levels, but found myself a bit disappointed when he didn't come that close. I think part of the reason is coming back from injury (FT% was especially a drag early in the year). And maybe partly due to having to play big at times due to Z-bo injury?

I feel like the potential is there to be an even more elite all-around performer, but I do also wonder at times, whether I am just finding excuses for the mild disappointment.

he will be fine. hes as consistent and steady as they come

1 person likes this

rudy gay is doin what u expect him to do..slight dip in fg%, but i expect that to go up as the season progresses.

The lack of posters in this thread is a good indication that this guys gets it done.. no injury prone issues, pt issues. He just gets it done.

The lack of posters in this thread is a good indication that this guys gets it done.. no injury prone issues, pt issues. He just gets it done.

Exactly. You already know what you're gonna get from Gay, and there's nothing to complain about.

0-6 so far this guy frustrates me beyond belief he relies way to much on jump shots.

He'll have a good game then he'll shoot .200% from the field the next one I hope he pulls it together in the second half but I do not have faith at this point

He's athletic and he should be slashing to the rim more and try to get contact. Too many Js and 3PTAs.

Cmon man, be aggressive and stop with that 'Gay' stuff.

1 person likes this

He's athletic and he should be slashing to the rim more and try to get contact. Too many Js and 3PTAs.

Cmon man, be aggressive and stop with that 'Gay' stuff.

toby-maguire-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Not only is he shooting like crap he hasn't contributed in any other category. 4 games this week but so far game 1 is a failure

What a mistake drafting him in the 2nd round. I think he will not give you consistent numbers unless Zack R. or Gasol is out with an injury.

Dang, tough crowd. He's had a few off nights lately but aside from a poor shooting % I haven't really been let down at all(3rd round pick). Good points, decent boards, few assists and good peripherals. Been a solid contributor.

1 person likes this

Pedestrian line today, just horrible.

This guy is like the Greg Monroe of SF's.

I have both of them.. It must be my birthday.

Pedestrian line today, just horrible.

This guy is like the Greg Monroe of SF's.

I have both of them.. It must be my birthday.

I had them both last year, so I know how you feel. Now I only have one. Joke's on me.