Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wombat

2012 NLDS: Cardinals vs. Nationals

34 posts in this topic

Randomly there is a thread for the 3 other NLDS series but not this one haha.

Game 5 tomorrow and as a Cardinals fan I am wary. We missed our chance today against Detwiler. But this is the story of the Cardinals season, the most jekyll and hyde offense ever. This series is just a microcosm of the whole season, they have won two games by 8 runs, and lost two games by 1 run. We have like 10 walk off losses, and have been losing the heart breaker 1 run games all year.

Any Nats fans on here? Whats the vibe in DC?

its crazy how all the playoff series went down to the final game, game 5. Looks like Nats are going to take this one even without Strasburg.

The Cards are absolutely notorious for winning games like this. Different cast, same grinding, sticking in it despite odds being stacked against them. I'd be worried if I was a Nats fan.

Need to change the team name to the St. Louis Clutch.

They are clutch in the playoffs. It doesn't seem fair. Guess this is what the Nats get for sitting Strasburg.

1 person likes this

Unbelievable comeback by the redbirds!!!

Honestly, as a Giants fan....the Nats scare me more than the Cards, so i'm more than okay with them winning, lol (having homefield advantage if the Cards were to win doesn't hurt either).

I'm actually amazed at how thrilling the Divisional Series games have turned out to be....this is another nail-biter for sure.

Wow, I wonder if the Nats are 2nd guessing not having Strasburg now.

Well good run Nats. Sucks that the organization was stupid enough to sit Strasburg down when they finally make the playoffs.

The Nationals didn't need Strasburg, they needed Storen to not give up 4 runs in the top of the 9th. I agree they were dumb to sit him but they had this series and blew it.

Good run Nats....i'm sure the media will be all over the whole, "Should they not have shut down Strasburg this season" deal....and it's a legitimate argument, as while I feel for the concern over the health of Strasburg in the long run, there is just no guarantees that the Nats even taste the playoffs again for as long as Strasburg is in Washington.

Now, onto a battle of the last 2 World Series Champs!

Cards obviously made a deal with the Devil years ago. F'n unreal.

1 person likes this

Wow, tip of the hat to the Cardinals. That was impressive. These guys just don't chase a lot of bad pitches, great approach. Even a massive scrub like Kozma is coming through for them.

Good run Nats....i'm sure the media will be all over the whole, "Should they not have shut down Strasburg this season" deal....and it's a legitimate argument, as while I feel for the concern over the health of Strasburg in the long run, there is just no guarantees that the Nats even taste the playoffs again for as long as Strasburg is in Washington.

Now, onto a battle of the last 2 World Series Champs!

Yeah, if they miss the playoffs next year I really can't imagine how pissed Strasburg would be.

Storen got squeezed. Couple pitches well in the strikezone. He just wasn't calling that low slider, i guess it had too much break on it. They'll be back though, they're a talented team.

The Nationals didn't need Strasburg, they needed Storen to not give up 4 runs in the top of the 9th. I agree they were dumb to sit him but they had this series and blew it.

maybe, but he could have possibly gave them a couple innings tonight (instead of putting in Jackson, etc). Hindsight is 20/20 though and Storen just flat out blew it. The pitch tracker showed some of the sliders from Storen were strikes but since it had so much break, I guess it fooled the ump. Just crazy turn of events since Storen also has been lights out since the ASB...

The Cards are absolutely notorious for winning games like this. Different cast, same grinding, sticking in it despite odds being stacked against them. I'd be worried if I was a Nats fan.

Happened to me before as a Tiigers fan. Sorry Nats fans. These guys don't die.

Pinning this loss on not having Strasburg is ridiculous. Detwiler, the guy who took Strasburg's place, threw a tremendous game. In fact, he was the only Nats' starter who pitched well. Gio was awful, Zimmermann was awful. And I didn't even think Storen was making terrible pitches. The Cardinals have an unbelievably professional approach, it was more what they did than Storen making bad pitches. Tip of the hat to St Louis.

Storen got squeezed. Couple pitches well in the strikezone. He just wasn't calling that low slider.

I think the Freese AB was the busto. That check swing was very close, though I don't think he went. But the following pitch was a strike imo, not sure how he can even take a pitch that close. Storen lost nis cool after that and you could see him jawwing at the ump after the 2-run hit to tie it up and then when heading to the dugout.