Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MustacheToes

Walter Herrmann

I dunno if u read this yet-

"According to the Observer's Rick Bonnell, Bobcats' forward Walter Herrmann is on the outside, looking in, on the rotation.

Coach Sam Vincent is apparently leaning toward taller guys (Ryan Hollins and Jermareo Davidson) to complement Emeka Okafor inside for the Cats this season. This doesn't make sense to Bonnell or us, and we still think Herrmann will find a way to earn minutes this season. There's a lot of talk about Hollins starting at center on opening night, but we'll believe it when we see it. And if he does start, we're guessing it won't last until Thanksgiving"

-Rotoworld

I kinda figured u didnt. Sorry to break it to ya then.

Haha it's cool, will probably avoid him now since I know that.

You should add those to pictures to the look-a-like thread.

LOL!

I dont think they look alike as much as I think its funny cause they have the same hair..............the long golden locks.

LOL!

I dont think they look alike as much as I think its funny cause they have the same hair..............the long golden locks.

Yeah, still worthy of the add if you ask me.

i think he'll still get his minutes, maybe around 25-30. the new coach just doesnt want meka seeing a bunch of time at the 5. but once he tries out hollins or davidson at the 5, he'll realize that he needs to go with his best players. defending the 5 in the east, except when checking shaq and a few others, isnt that much different than checking the 4.

that being said, i dont expect herrmann to put up the numbers he did down the stretch last yr cuz they simply wont need him to score as much. i expect 1.5-2 tres a game from him, but thats about it.

i think he'll still get his minutes, maybe around 25-30. the new coach just doesnt want meka seeing a bunch of time at the 5. but once he tries out hollins or davidson at the 5, he'll realize that he needs to go with his best players. defending the 5 in the east, except when checking shaq and a few others, isnt that much different than checking the 4.

that being said, i dont expect herrmann to put up the numbers he did down the stretch last yr cuz they simply wont need him to score as much. i expect 1.5-2 tres a game from him, but thats about it.

Herrmann is a pretty darn good offensive player its true.

I just think that alot of these guys in the NBA dont get their number called for alot of plays and if they did they could be just as good as many players ahead of them. I mean how often do u see someone go down and a guy just steps in and does really well. Happens a ton IMO.

Herrmann is a pretty darn good offensive player its true.

I just think that alot of these guys in the NBA dont get their number called for alot of plays and if they did they could be just as good as many players ahead of them. I mean how often do u see someone go down and a guy just steps in and does really well. Happens a ton IMO.

herrmann's not the type to get plays called for him anyways. he's a consummate role player and a great team player. he gets his within the flow of the game. but with all the injuries down the stretch last yr, he needed to step up and score more. he's primarily just a spot up shooter, but if you run out on him he can pump and go to the hoop for a funky finger roll.

thats right, fabio can finger roLLL

herrmann's not the type to get plays called for him anyways. he's a consummate role player and a great team player. he gets his within the flow of the game. but with all the injuries down the stretch last yr, he needed to step up and score more. he's primarily just a spot up shooter, but if you run out on him he can pump and go to the hoop for a funky finger roll.

thats right, fabio can finger roLLL

Fabio with the shocker!

seriously check out the finger roll onslaught starting at around :25 of this video, dude's got huge mitts to pull that stuff off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saYVKxLsJes

outside of fantasy, im really pulling for herrmann. you familiar with his story? you should look it up, tragic stuff.

seriously check out the finger roll onslaught starting at around :25 of this video, dude's got huge mitts to pull that stuff off.

outside of fantasy, im really pulling for herrmann. you familiar with his story? you should look it up, tragic stuff.

Tell me........Ive never heard. Thanks.

Dude took his shirt off and dunked. LMFAO!

Tell me........Ive never heard. Thanks.

well not too long ago he lost his sister, his mother and his wife in a car accident. then exactly a yr later on their death anniversary his father died from a heart attack.

That just looks really really awkward.

well not too long ago he lost his sister, his mother and his wife in a car accident. then exactly a yr later on their death anniversary his father died from a heart attack.

holy crap...thats sad

For Y! leagues, IMO Herrmann is in that class of players you don't draft because someone looks at the best available per yahoo ranks in round nine and takes him. Then when he doesn't start right away, you trade him for peanuts (a semi-productive stiff at the end of your bench) and get a nice value trade. There's way too much downside in drafting him this year in Y! leagues. He practically carried me to a league title last year, as scary as that sounds (FG% and 3PTM with no TOs) but I can't trust him from day one this year.

Agree.

I can't believe the Bobcats would seriously start Ryan Hollins. That guy flat out sucks, period. He's not good at anything but being tall. Seriously, Joe Wolf thinks he lacks skills. Imagine a homeless man's Jelani McCoy, and you have Ryan Hollins. If he starts, he will easily be the worst starting player in the NBA.

Ryan Hollins is like the "mascot" senior you see on a college team who really sucks, but the team starts him for good luck. Then there's a foul committed after about a minute of play, the mascot gets pulled, and you don't see him again unless that team's winning by 45 with 4 minutes to go.

That is a nice video....Which Community College was he making all those shots against...This is the NBA bro, these players don't go work in a factory after their game...They own them....

That is a nice video....Which Community College was he making all those shots against...This is the NBA bro, these players don't go work in a factory after their game...They own them....

typical american response. a lot of those clips were from when he played in the spanish league which is widely considered the best league in the world outside of the NBA. front all you want, but herrmann already proved that he belongs in the NBA. oh and about your comment about those players working in a factory after they play, you ever heard of fran vazquez? orlando's 05 lottery pick? you know why he's not playing the NBA? cuz hes getting paid more in spain.