Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1gq2nvy

Kevin Love 2012-2013 Season Outlook

i dont see any news/confirmation that love is hurt? Am i missing something? Link?

I can't confirm this news anywhere, you have a link? I won't believe it until I have to. NOOOOO!!!!!

I'm also hearing 6-8 weeks now. This could be 2 months plus, people... "ouch". I'm feeling even better about my Pek picks.

wow. this dude has actually missed a lot of time over the last few years with injuries. Seems to get at least one every year that results in 10 games or so missed

Great minds think alike. I'm hoping he starts falling at the tail end of round 1. I have an IR spot in 2 leagues :ph34r: . I have no clue who to take at #4 since everyone was reaching for Love at #3 -_- . At least he went down now rather than later after everyone had drafted already. Keen observation, COH. He missed a good chunk of his rookie season and part of his soph season if I remember right before he started dominating. Although last year was a freak accident, getting hurt by Javale. Does Derrick Williams get a bump? Pek. definitely does imo. On a side note: Wolves' playoff chances may be in jeopardy. I'd be whispering trade offers to the K Love owners and try to buy low :ph34r:

he might still be a steal, if he falls to 2nd round.

I would consider him at the tail end of round 1 possibly

Hand injuries aren't usually a long-term issue for basketball players, I would definitely take Love if he falls to the end of round 1.

If we take the 6 - 8 week projection at face value, worst case scenario would have him back around mid-December, so ~20 or so games missed. Do you guys think that's still good value end of round 1 - early round 2?

A broken hand should be pretty straight forward as far as healing. You put a caste on it and there is no weight on it, unlike leg injuries.

Wow, tough break for the Wolves. They've actually got quite a solid core with Love, Rubio, Roy, and AK47, but it's too bad that all of them are huge injury liabilities.

Honestly, I bet when push comes to shove, he doesn't drop that far. As others have said, it's a hand injury. Conditioning won't be a huge issue and re-injury also is a comparatively low concern. The injury is a known quantity and given how dominant he is, I bet he never makes it out of the first round and probably not lower than 6-7.

What stinks is that Pekovic is officially no longer under the rader. I can see him shooting from amazing value to overrated pretty quickly.

I'm gutted, there was nobody more in on Love than me. He was #1 on all my draft boards for h2h at least before this injury.

I think Wade's performance last year is a cautionary example not to overdraft. Whilst his injury was vastly different, he missed 17 games from it as a result. A similar amount to what Love likely misses this year. Wades per game value was #5 last year, I think we would just about settle for Loves to be that. But Wade's injury caused his season rank to just be 26, as per yahoo. What would you pay for #26 season rank?

I think it is a matter of league size, benches and proportion of playoff teams. 12 teams or less, 40% bench slots to starting and half or more making the playoffs - hardly discount him. 20 teams, only 1 or 2 bench spots and 6 making the playoffs, put him on your do not draft list. Ultimately, in my average league I will have him around pick 18 on boards now, which means I will probably not be getting him too much

I already have him in my team as we had our draft earlier this month, so I'm stuck with him. I'm from Europe though, so my opponents probably won't know about his injury until tomorrow morning, so I can at least react quickly. Who will profit the most in the Timberwolves team from Love's injury? I'm thinking about getting his replacement in quickly.

Traded him in a deal for Lebron. Good times.

Though I don't think it will hurt his value too much. Just find a replacement for the first 15 or so games.

I already have him in my team as we had our draft earlier this month, so I'm stuck with him. I'm from Europe though, so my opponents probably won't know about his injury until tomorrow morning, so I can at least react quickly. Who will profit the most in the Timberwolves team from Love's injury? I'm thinking about getting his replacement in quickly.

Nikola Pekovic and Derrick Williams

I thought so and already sent out a trade proposal for Pekovic. Hope Lou Williams will be tempting enough for a team packed with tall men and Kemba Walker as starting PG.

His injury isn't that bad. He will only really be out for a month, or month and half at most. I would still draft this guy late first or in second round.

Its still more 2 weeks away from the season opener for the Wolves. He'll missed 4 weeks worth of regular season games. Thats about 10-12 games I believe, yeah I'd gladly take him in the early 2 if he falls that low. Or even late 1st if it is a 12-team leagues.

considering regular fantasy season is approx 20 weeks, 4 weeks would be 1/5 of the season he would be gone. It'll be kinda difficult to win the first four weeks without your first rounder and getting no production. If you have an IR spot, he would be a better pick up. I remember last season, i got baron davis in the late rounds and kept waiting for him to return. Even holding him as dead weight and having your opponent have an advantage each week from just shear number of players playing was difficult. I would say if you want to draft love, you better have a really solid and strong team to survive the first few weeks.

considering regular fantasy season is approx 20 weeks, 4 weeks would be 1/5 of the season he would be gone. It'll be kinda difficult to win the first four weeks without your first rounder and getting no production. If you have an IR spot, he would be a better pick up.

so he is going to be placed on the IR?