Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1gq2nvy

Kevin Love 2012-2013 Season Outlook

Some sites (ESPN, namely) have an IR spot that is for players that get the IR designation. I don't like it because it's strictly up to the whims of the site owners whether a player is designated as IR.

Some sites (ESPN, namely) have an IR spot that is for players that get the IR designation. I don't like it because it's strictly up to the whims of the site owners whether a player is designated as IR.

They actually do a pretty good job of putting people on the IR. It's not perfect and there are times when they could act a little faster but in H2H it makes a HUGE difference. ESPN of old was terrible at administering it but they've made big improvements. Yahoo's decision to get rid of the IR was incredibly short sighted.

The NBA stopped using the IR years ago. However, since winning games in the NBA isn't directly related to the number of active players on your roster, they don't really need one. Being a man down in H2H is a serious handicap. Adding an extra roster spot does nothing to address that.

I'm definitely glad I'm not drafting in the next day or so. I really want to hear an official diagnosis. 4-6 weeks doesn't effect him much IMHO. 6-8 weeks might drop him a round.

Agree 100%

what's the value of Love now after breaking two bones in his shooting hand? i had kevin martin when he broke his shooting hand a few years back, and he shot a horrible fg% when he came back. considering love is a bulk shooter it's even scarier to own him now.

Keeper leagues on Yahoo can correct that problem. My league states after three games missed, you can put that said player on the IL/IR list. We track it ourselves, otherwise yes it would hurt H2H owners because you can't drop a player you drafted in the 1st round who will return in a couple months or less.

Keeper leagues on Yahoo can correct that problem. My league states after three games missed, you can put that said player on the IL/IR list. We track it ourselves, otherwise yes it would hurt H2H owners because you can't drop a player you drafted in the 1st round who will return in a couple months or less.

Or you can use ESPN which has an IR spot.

For the Yahoo IR issue, why not just extend the bench? I don't see why it's that big of an issue.

I believe that even if Love were to come back in six weeks, it's still going to take him a week or two to get back to the level that we're used to seeing him last season. He broke his shooting hand and I highly doubt he's suddenly going to develop a left hand.

What, did Yahoo bring back the IR spot?

I miss those days.

Anyway, speaking of Love... they say he'll mis 6 weeks. That means he'll miss the first month of the season. And i'm torn.

Surefire 1st RD pick for an injury prone already injured player? His shooting hand is whats hurt and that is a huge part of his game. It just doesnt add up in my opinion.

I would think he is the first player taken in the 2nd RD if you look at the situation objectively.

It doesn't look like the injury is that serious, a fractured hand is about as specific as saying "lower leg injury". This specific break isn't that severe. While his stroke might suffer a bit at first maybe he'll play more like he did 2 years ago & increase his rebounding to freak levels. That would put him in the 2nd round but still not the worst thing in the world for people who've drafted him.

I'm really torn on where to pick him though. I mean in H2H if the rest of your draft goes well & you can get him somewhere in the early to mid 2nd this could be part of the x factor that wins it for you. I held onto injured Ginobili & Gallo last year, barely creeping into the 5th spot, but once the playoffs started & all systems were go my team was scary.

This is what I got right now.

1 SF/PF LeBron James (MIA)

2 SF Kevin Durant (OKC)

3 PG Chris Paul (LAC)

4 PG Russell Westbrook (OKC)

5 PG/SG Dwayne Wade (MIA)

6 PG Deron Williams (BKN)

7 SF/PF Josh Smith (ATL)

8 PF/C Al Jefferson (UTA)

9 PF/C LaMarcus Aldridge (POR)

10 SG Kobe Bryant (LAL)

11 PG Kyrie Irving (CLE)

12 C Dwight Howard (LAL)

13 C Andrew Bynum (PHI)

14 PF/C Kevin Love (MIN)

15 SG/SF James Harden (OKC)

16 PG Ty Lawson (DEN)

17 PF/C DeMarcus Cousins (SAC)

Still early for my rankings so this is more of a generic list but I think this is where Love will slide right into. I haven't got any real personal bias on this list yet.

It doesn't look like the injury is that serious, a fractured hand is about as specific as saying "lower leg injury". This specific break isn't that severe. While his stroke might suffer a bit at first maybe he'll play more like he did 2 years ago & increase his rebounding to freak levels. That would put him in the 2nd round but still not the worst thing in the world for people who've drafted him.

I'm really torn on where to pick him though. I mean in H2H if the rest of your draft goes well & you can get him somewhere in the early to mid 2nd this could be part of the x factor that wins it for you. I held onto injured Ginobili & Gallo last year, barely creeping into the 5th spot, but once the playoffs started & all systems were go my team was scary.

I managed to get Irving with the 13th pick and then snagged Love with the 15th pick. I'm hoping this pays off. I don't really see a downside in drafting him as your second pick IMO, if he's there in the second round ANYWHERE, you pick him up and you suck it up for four weeks and then pure domination.

I managed to get Irving with the 13th pick and then snagged Love with the 15th pick. I'm hoping this pays off. I don't really see a downside in drafting him as your second pick IMO, if he's there in the second round ANYWHERE, you pick him up and you suck it up for four weeks and then pure domination.

Yeah but would it really be pure domination? I would be concerned about this injury affecting his shooting for a while after he comes back.

Maybe, his shooting might be off for a little while until he gets his groove back but he will still be an elite contributor in rebounds, points, and FT%. There's no way his dropoff will be that huge just because he broke his hand, anyone that puts up 26 PPG will not be daunted by the prospect of a broken shooting hand. At worst he'll average 20/13 until he finds his groove again, and in the meantime I'm sure he'll be doing his usual dirty work under the basket and getting to the line. His FG% may drop a bit at first but I'm not concerned with his FT% at all, they're too easy for him, even coming off of a hand injury.

i got the 4th pick h2h....should i draft him 4th pick? He is still kevin love and its h2h espn league with an IR spot so idk should i? He most likely will not be available to me in the 2nd round.

picked him 2nd round with the 9th overall in my 8-teamer...yahoo pre-draft rankings had him at 16th overall. personally, wouldnt be surprised to see him back mid-november, so i think it was a great value pick.

I got him 8th overall in 12 team 8 cat competitive league. Other options I considered were Deron, Irving, Josh Smith, and Harden, but I opted to take the risk and god with Love. I'd have went Deron in 8 cat, but his ankle issue just broke on the day of the draft, so I avoided him. I went with safer picks with the rest of the draft - I even passed on Dirk at pick 41 - because I didn't want to fall too behind the first month. The reports have been optimistic so far, so I think Love will rarely fall outside the first round.

I plan on taking him as high as. #4, in spite of injury, since he's almost as worth as much as LeBron in my league that counts off boards, FGM, and FTM.

I took him 9th but probably would have taken him as high as 6. If it was a leg injury I'd be more worried about him, but when he comes back he should still be one of 3 players along with Durant and James that are just completely unfair in fantasy.