Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1gq2nvy

John Wall 2012-2013 Season Outlook

Avoiding in all formats.................And this was before news of a knee injury

It's only 8 weeks so I wouldn't take any of those guys early than the last round or two. That said, this could be a decent pickup as they'll be playing in a pg focused system.

Both are mediocre and their game doesnt translate well into fantasy numbers. I would take Price if any but if the injury turns out to be more serious I expect Wiz to make a trade or play Beal-Crawford backourt for major minutes.

they weren't going to be contending in the East anyway. I think what would be hilarious is if whatever scrub they get to play PG is this years Jeremy Lin. Maybe it's just wishful thinking cuz John Wall is terrible.

they weren't going to be contending in the East anyway. I think what would be hilarious is if whatever scrub they get to play PG is this years Jeremy Lin. Maybe it's just wishful thinking cuz John Wall is terrible.

Yea John Wall is just awful. You must be a lakers fan.

I dont think either of those backups have much value, unless you were a Wall owner.

And your reasoning for this is?

And your reasoning for this is?

I'm being overly harsh, but he is a guy who can really hurt your team while not doing enough to justify it like Howard can. Career 41% FG shooter, he shot 7% from 3pt range last year, 4 TO per game. I guess it's a bit of the Darko syndrome where his career goals are set high b/c of where he was drafted. He's young, etc etc he should get better, but his ADP is generally inflated b/c he was a #1 overall pick and his fantasy game hurts you in a lot of places.

You arent being harsh at all one bit. Wall is vastly overrated as a fantasy player and in real life. I have said time and time again he needs a real coach to teach him how to play the game. Randy Whittman just isnt knowledgable enough of a basketball mind to ever offer anything to Wall. He plays the game at one speed and his shot selection and shooting in general is just horrid. There is no reason that Wall shouldnt be improving his shooting and decison making ever year much like Brandon Jennings has. I question how much desire and determination that Wall has to be a great, franchise type of player. I just dont think he has the work ethic and fire inside.

From a fantasy standpoint, I cant see why anyone would utilize a third or 4th round pick on him. The fact that he shot 7% from three point range is just shocking to the conscience. As always, a pg that doesnt make threes is going to be a huge fantasy liability. 4 turnovers a game is amongst the worst turnover rates in the league. Why would any GM want to pat such a huge price for assists. Also, his steals dropped significantly last season. He should be selected much later drafts given his limitations and current body of work. I wouldnt touch him before round 8 or 9 if healthy

I'm being overly harsh, but he is a guy who can really hurt your team while not doing enough to justify it like Howard can. Career 41% FG shooter, he shot 7% from 3pt range last year, 4 TO per game. I guess it's a bit of the Darko syndrome where his career goals are set high b/c of where he was drafted. He's young, etc etc he should get better, but his ADP is generally inflated b/c he was a #1 overall pick and his fantasy game hurts you in a lot of places.

On a scale of Tyreke Evans (1) to Brandon Jennings (10), where do you put this guy on the terrible, but learning scale?

I see improvement in his game and his work ethic and basketball IQ are way above Tyreke levels. The fact that he cut 3s out of his game (for the most part) show some sensibilities. Tony Parker can be a top 40 player with no 3-pt shot...I'm thinking Wall can get there too.

Staying away from wall. Only a matter of Time Til the microfracture is announced

Accidentally got this guy in the 7th round (pick 62) because of auto pick... Fml

Anyone actually think he'll be really good this year? Please? Anyone?

The silence is deafening.

I dont like him until he shows me he's at least improved on 2 out of three of 3ptm, fg% or tos

Accidentally got this guy in the 7th round (pick 62) because of auto pick... Fml

If or when healthy, he'll definitely produce higher than 7th rd so you got a bargain where you got him. If you really have utter disdain for him for some reason, he'll be an excellent trading chip when he returns.

Just keep in mind that despite he'll hurt you in TO's and FG% and makes no contribution to 3ptm, Assists and steals are hard to come by and he get you more rebounds than the average or even elite PG's (triple-double threat) and he still has a tremendous upside.

Wall is going to have a great year. I love the kid. Doesn't even need to shoot 3's to be extremely valuable. He is going 18 and 10 this year. Finally has a few players that know how to play basketball on the court with him. Tough being a point guard when you have a combination of Jordan Crawford, Nick Young, Andray Blatche, and Javale McGee on the court with you. Seriously, those guys are about the dumbest collection of basketball players I have ever seen.

Beal is going to be a great release for Wall on the wing, Nene is a top notch pick and roll player, Ariza is a catch and shoot player (he shoots a terrible percentage, but the shots he does make are almost always off an assist). I think Wall is getting slept on big time because of the knee injury. I expect him back before the end of November, and to have a great year. I would take him in the 4th round easy in a redraft H2H league.

actually the news states he wont be back late november, they are hoping he gets back just before or just after christmas.