Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1gq2nvy

John Wall 2012-2013 Season Outlook

John Wall has arrived! #14 in 9 cat over the past month B) . Making up for the lack of 3s and upping his FG%. Where would you draft him next season?

John Wall has arrived! #14 in 9 cat over the past month B) . Making up for the lack of 3s and upping his FG%. Where would you draft him next season?

Everything comes down to how much improvement he can sustain over a full season, and the magnitude of that improvement. The main reasons he's #14 in 9 cat this past month is that he's reduced his TOs and improved his offense. However, there's a lot of questions that can't be definitely answered when accounting for a whole season's production. FT% is probably the only safe bet, as he's improved his clip from the line each and every season, so a low-to-mid .800 mark can be safely expected over the course of a full season. There's actually some respectable names on the Wizards roster now, so his reduced TOs (which is still high) might also stick around.

However, there's no way he's shooting the 50% from the field this past month over a whole season. He's a career 42.2% shooter right now, so where does his FG% fall over a complete season next year? Additionally, he's started to score 20+ regularly recently, but this guy has averaged about 16 points per game his first two seasons in Washington. What will be his scoring niche next year when Beal is healthy, and is surrounded with more talent?

I think Wall is a guaranteed top 75 talent next year, with a very good shot of cracking the top 50, but expecting anymore is a bit risky. Barring a completely unforeseen improvement, Wall's cap is mid- to late-30th value.

I'd say his value is about the same as it's always been due to his potential to play like has been the past month. Therefore, he'll likely go in 3rd rounds, much like he has the past 3 years. Quiet honestly, I'm going to target him in every draft, because I feel that him going in the 3rd round is going to be a steal. Also look out for the Wizards next year... With him, Beal, and this years lottery pick, plus some of the veterans they got on the squad already (Nene, Ariza), they could make some noise.

I'd say his value is about the same as it's always been due to his potential to play like has been the past month. Therefore, he'll likely go in 3rd rounds, much like he has the past 3 years. Quiet honestly, I'm going to target him in every draft, because I feel that him going in the 3rd round is going to be a steal. Also look out for the Wizards next year... With him, Beal, and this years lottery pick, plus some of the veterans they got on the squad already (Nene, Ariza), they could make some noise.

Just wondering why you thought him in the 3rd round would still be a steal? There's no way he's keeping up 50+ FG%, and there's no way he's going to be needing to score this much once Beal returns. Unless he really develops a perimeter game, reduces his TO under 3 per game, or gets his assists/steals even higher, I think he's capped at no more than than mid-to-late 30th value, and realistically I see him falling in the 40s or 50s.

J Wall's jumper is still pretty broken and inconsistent. 50% FG is def. a fluke but he is shooting about 44-45% for the season which is a realistic expectation for next season. He's also shooting 0.5 3PM over the past month, I believe, which is a nice improvement. 3rd round doesn't seem like a steal for me and there may be other PGs that may be around that round who offer upside as well as a higher floor e.g. Lillard, Kemba, etc.

Just wondering why you thought him in the 3rd round would still be a steal? There's no way he's keeping up 50+ FG%, and there's no way he's going to be needing to score this much once Beal returns. Unless he really develops a perimeter game, reduces his TO under 3 per game, or gets his assists/steals even higher, I think he's capped at no more than than mid-to-late 30th value, and realistically I see him falling in the 40s or 50s.

Possible correction although there is no other Wizard of consequence playing today (no Nene, Beal, Webster, Ariza).. might as well be going 1 vs 5.

For crying outloud, his starting lineup mates are: Garrett Temple, Emeka Oakfar, Chris Singleton and Trevor Booker. Off the bench: Seraphin and Cartier.

5 points if you even have two of those guys on your fantasy roster.

The thing I find the most impressive is that he got 12 assists playing alongside pretty much NBDL players. What happens when he gets actual good teammates?

I've hated on Wall a while back and now I've come to love the guy. He's putting my team on his back with Noah and Lebron out. Thanks buddy.

the early and mid season sacrifice to pick-up and stash this guy has surely given me benefit over the past couple of weeks - if not, winning the fantasy championship itself.

Thank you John Wall!