Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1gq2nvy

John Wall 2012-2013 Season Outlook

What's the chances of Wall returning right after Rubio?

nobody really knows, but it looks like Rubio is going to return sooner then Wall. Rubio has a chance to practice next week and Wall is not close....

What's the chances of Wall returning right after Rubio?

nobody really knows, but it looks like Rubio is going to return sooner then Wall. Rubio has a chance to practice next week and Wall is not close....

A bit of a misnomer, Rubio's return to "practice" doesn't mean he'll be in full contact practice drills as soon as he gets back on the practice floor. Wall has been AT practice for a while now, but hasn't exactly felt confident enough in his knee to get into full contact just yet. My guess is they could get back on the court near the same time (maybe a week or two apart from one another). I think they both should be owned in all leagues and think Wall is the far more superior player at the point. Remember that Wall is playing for the worst team in the league and will be relied upon for A LOT of the work. I was surprised by how much talent the timberwolves have this year and I don't think Rubio will surprise everyone with a newfound shot or anything and in that context the edge goes to Wall. I think they're being particularly safe with Wall, a player that will legitimately compete to return top 25-top 30 value upon his return IF he's healthy. If he really is available in your league, I'd add him as soon as I could (unless you don't think anyone else in your league will pounce, just be smart).

Had the choice of trading my DeRozan for either Rubio or Wall a while back. I ended up getting Wall, but man I hope he comes back soon

Encouraging comments from the Wizards broadcast today.. Wall is increasing his activity on the practice court, and whilst there is no definitive timetable, the dude is itching to get back. I'd personally rather lose another 2 or 3 weeks without him playing if it means he comes back fully healthy. Fingers crossed!

when is he coming back? any soon?

His original prognosis had him back by now and obviously he's missed that so it's a little murky. Actually, more than a little murky. There's legitimately no timetable on his return to practice. The only thing I'm worried about is that they'll come out and say that he's likely not to return for atleast a month more and I'll just look silly stashing him all the while. But honestly if you've come this far holding on to him? I'd keep waiting.

He was just dropped in my league. Wondering if he's worth stashing at this point. I already have Rubio stashed

Is he due back soon?

actually the news states he wont be back late november, they are hoping he gets back just before or just after christmas.

Where was this stated?? i figured he would be another month, but I didn't get much of a confirmation from anywhere...

He was just dropped in my league. Wondering if he's worth stashing at this point. I already have Rubio stashed

Is he due back soon?

I think he is definitely worth stashing. I do not know about you but every guy I have picked up has been inconsistent this season. I have had a hard time getting guys to stick with my team. Wall and Derrick Rose are stashed on my team. Everyone else I pick up I play and they lay goose eggs and I cut them.

Randy Wittman remains uncertain when John Wall (knee) will return.

Wittman seemed to rule out (for now) the notion that Wall will miss the season, telling beat writer Craig Stouffer that "I’m not looking at it like that." However, we're now 10 weeks after the injury, and the timetable remains very murky. A.J. Price continues to start in Wall's absence, but has cooled off after a solid start. Price is now averaging 9.3 points, 5.1 assists and 1.6 3s for the season.

Still no timetable.....this is not good news at all.

Randy Wittman remains uncertain when John Wall (knee) will return.

Wittman seemed to rule out (for now) the notion that Wall will miss the season, telling beat writer Craig Stouffer that "I’m not looking at it like that." However, we're now 10 weeks after the injury, and the timetable remains very murky. A.J. Price continues to start in Wall's absence, but has cooled off after a solid start. Price is now averaging 9.3 points, 5.1 assists and 1.6 3s for the season.

Still no timetable.....this is not good news at all.

I have no dog in this race, but the fact that the question came up (or it appears to, maybe its just an assumption I made) regarding Wall not playing at all this year and Wittman didn't outright squash it....well, that can't be viewed as a positive update at all

Does anyone have the link where Wittman doesn't rule Wall out for the season? I clicked on the link on Rotoworld front page and it's just a tweet about Wittman talking to his mom :blink:

I agree something doesn't add up, but this is the first I've heard anyone suggesting Wall might be out for the season.

What a load of s---, this is ridiculous. I wish this was a possibility when I drafted. I didn't spend an early pick on him but it is frustrating that he still is out and there is no end in sight.

Found the tweet from Craig Stouffer

Had to finally ask if #Wizards were planning as if John Wall won't be back. Randy Wittman: "I’m not looking at it like that."

Not sure how to interpret it as good or bad.

Yeah this news isn't ideal, but I'm definitely not cutting ties with him yet. Personally I think they are being extra cautious, so he doesn't re-injure himself.. but it's anybody's guess really...

Does anyone have the link where Wittman doesn't rule Wall out for the season? I clicked on the link on Rotoworld front page and it's just a tweet about Wittman talking to his mom :blink:

I agree something doesn't add up, but this is the first I've heard anyone suggesting Wall might be out for the season.

John’s not going to miss a beat on anything that we’re doing or trying to do without him,” Wittman said. “We’re going to use him a lot like I did last year when he comes back. Obviously, [he has] the ability to quicken the pace all by himself.”

http://www.washingto...-still-unknown/

Latest blurb speculates he'll be out about 2 more weeks. Fingers crossed it isn't much longer than 2-3 weeks, I reeeeallly need him back :\

Latest blurb speculates he'll be out about 2 more weeks. Fingers crossed it isn't much longer than 2-3 weeks, I reeeeallly need him back :\

Same here

Late December at the earliest??? I don't like that idea at all. My bet's he returns AFTER new years. And I still feel a need to hold on to him because I have two people in my league who I know would be willing to stash him. I say owners who have been holding on to him since the draft do some research on league members and see if you can't maybe drop him and pick him up closer to his return date if players in your league are slow at working the wire. Just an idea.

I feel like once he is cleared for contact he'll be back right away, it's not like he need extra time to practice with this team anyway right? give it like 2 more weeks