Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

absknicks

Pau Gasol 2012-2013 Season Outlook

831 posts in this topic

Anyone think playing alongside Dwight will cut into some of Pau's production? I know he played with Bynum in the past, but Dwight definitely takes up a lot more space in the paint and seems to be more active on the boards than Bynum, too. Any slight cause for concern or is Pau good to go as a legit top-10 pick in Roto leagues?

he will decline a little, naturally, but should still return top 20 value..

I think his scoring will definitly drop. maybe 12 point game, 8 rebs, 3-4 assists and 1 block.

He'll be consistent but I think howard will get all the points, rebounds, and blocks.

I think his scoring will definitly drop. maybe 12 point game, 8 rebs, 3-4 assists and 1 block.

He'll be consistent but I think howard will get all the points, rebounds, and blocks.

this made me laugh

4 people like this

Was thinking more along the lines of a 15-9-3.5-1.5 season as a floor.

Lmao! Ummm ok no.

He will be at least 17 ppg 9 reb 4 assists 1 block

Lmao! Ummm ok no.

at least four assists when he's only done that one year? Riiiight

The other numbers are fine tho. Bynum is arguably better on offense than Dwight, and I would agree... so I dont think Dwight affects Gasol's points... maybe actually helps.

Gasol is a really safe 2nd round pick. Nothing you're going to be elated for on draft day, but you'll be happy in the end.

This! Gasol is a perennial top 15 player. With a PG genius like Nash feeding him the rock, I expect the shooting efficiency and dimes to shoot up pretty high. My projection: 17.5 PPG 10.1RPG 3.9APG 53% FG 79% FT 1.5 BPG .5SPG 2.0TOs. Dwight is more of a defensive anchor than an offensive workhorse so don't think he hurts Pau's numbers much. With 4 HOFers on the same team, I wouldn't be surprised if they all have great years.

Lmao! Ummm ok no.

Not like im knocking on Pau here. I am a Lakers fan.

If you guys are saying hes gonna get 17,10, and 4. Wth is Dwight Howard getting? Better numbers? 20,15, and 3 blocks?

So everyone's gonna average a double double?

Pau, Dwight, Nash, and Kobe?

I don't understand how y'all can expect him to score less when he played with Bynum when he definitely clogs the paint more than Dwight. Steve Nash will get both of them easier baskets.

If Dwight wants to win and, to be honest, I am not sure that is his number one priority, he better learn to share the ball and he better learn to take his marching orders from Kobe.

I can see Kobe at 24, Dwight 20, Pau 15 and Nash 10. That would be 69 points.

Not like im knocking on Pau here. I am a Lakers fan.

If you guys are saying hes gonna get 17,10, and 4. Wth is Dwight Howard getting? Better numbers? 20,15, and 3 blocks?

So everyone's gonna average a double double?

Pau, Dwight, Nash, and Kobe?

ever heard of this dude andrew bynum? he averaged 19 and 12 last season playing 60 games. pau still managed to average 17 10 and 4

23 points / 13 rebounds / 6 assists / 3 blocks

Can Dwight and Pau co-exist after all? He's been going 2nd and 3rd round in my drafts. A steal if he continues production like this.

I dont think we can expect these numbers on a nightly basis but its clear Pao will be just fine with Dwight in L.A. If anything it may help his assist total with Pau being able to dump it down to Dwight. Pao fell to me in the 3rd round (9th pick, 12 team league) so obviously I'm hoping these numbers continue.

Of course he can. There was always no doubt in my mind he could still be a fantasy stud. Dwight never worried me one bit since Bynum was actually worse for Gasol than Dwight. Helps his assists too.

Pau will be fine. His stats will look like Vlade in his prime, which were pretty good. Less rebs, more assists. He could average close to 4.8 asst for the season. Huge for a C.

^hes gunna be hitting threes. especially from the corner. he's really expanded his range and will be using it more with dwight in the middle.

This "newer" version of Pau where he works more from the mid-range and even extended out to the 3PT line is nice for fantasy owners but seriously he has really destroyed his offensive arsenal with these moves. He used to be an absolute monster on the block that always kept defender's off balance with a variety of pivots and fakes - now all he does is take a fade-away jumper or a sweeping hook across the lane. I think it has also effected his inside the paint toughness as well as he is treating the ball like a loaf of bread every time he's under the basket trying to gently put it though the hoop. Obviously Pau has never been that type of player to try and rip down the rim but look at any of his play from his first year with the Lakers and before and he was much more stout in the paint. Pau seriously leaves about 4PPG/3RPG out on the court every game because he isn't finishing strong.

1 person likes this

^hes gunna be hitting threes. especially from the corner. he's really expanded his range and will be using it more with dwight in the middle.

He's not gonna hit no damn 3's.

He's not gonna hit no damn 3's.

well, im a laker fan, and talk in LA this summer has been that pau wants to extend his range to hit about 1 three a game, and mike brown is on board with the idea. as a matter of fact, pau actually averaged almost 1 three attempted every other game last season. that number should increase with dwight down-low.

1 person likes this

This "newer" version of Pau where he works more from the mid-range and even extended out to the 3PT line is nice for fantasy owners but seriously he has really destroyed his offensive arsenal with these moves. He used to be an absolute monster on the block that always kept defender's off balance with a variety of pivots and fakes - now all he does is take a fade-away jumper or a sweeping hook across the lane. I think it has also effected his inside the paint toughness as well as he is treating the ball like a loaf of bread every time he's under the basket trying to gently put it though the hoop. Obviously Pau has never been that type of player to try and rip down the rim but look at any of his play from his first year with the Lakers and before and he was much more stout in the paint. Pau seriously leaves about 4PPG/3RPG out on the court every game because he isn't finishing strong.

i know what u mean...after that weak finals in '08, he was being trashed left and right for being too soft. that summer, he took it upon himself to really improve his game down low and in turn became a beast in the paint, with his strong low post game. these past couple years, he's really lost that physical aspect of his game, and has reverted back to the infamous "pau gasoft" of old...'09 & '10 pau was definitely a great force in the paint with his back-to-the-basket game, though. i guess partial blame can go to the coaching staff for asking him to play power-forward, when bynum finally came back from his injury. when he was beastin down-low, he was the starting center. that was the grimey pau with the long hair and the bumish beard. once bynum (and now dwight) took over that center spot, i think he stopped working on his low-post game as much, and focused on the 10-15 foot face-up game....and also shaved his face, cut his hair+lost a couple pounds lol