Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LinceArmStrong

Big Al Jefferson

I want this guy real bad this year. Always had the talent, and that finally showed last year when given the PT. Now in Minny, its basically his show. Tonight he had a studly performace in 26 minutes ~ 17 and 15.

Im thinking rd 4 of my points league sounds right (picks 31-40) in that range....

I want this guy real bad this year. Always had the talent, and that finally showed last year when given the PT. Now in Minny, its basically his show. Tonight he had a studly performace in 26 minutes ~ 17 and 15.

Im thinking rd 4 of my points league sounds right (picks 31-40) in that range....

Is he C eligible in your league?

Is he C eligible in your league?

no...forward

Mark Blount has the center eligibility per cbs (which i agree with)

Do you have your draft order out yet C? I've been seeing him go mostly in the beginning of the 3rd round.

Do you have your draft order out yet C? I've been seeing him go mostly in the beginning of the 3rd round.

yes...i pick 4th, which means i have pick 37 of the 4th round ~ thats where im targetting him

10 team league

yes...i pick 4th, which means i have pick 37 of the 4th round ~ thats where im targetting him

10 team league

Yeah, will for sure have a chance to get him. If there isn't anything else at a great value there you may want to consider just taking him in the 3rd though if you want him that bad.

Yeah, will for sure have a chance to get him. If there isn't anything else at a great value there you may want to consider just taking him in the 3rd though if you want him that bad.

yeah i know...depends how the draft shakes down....

the thing im pondering before my upcoming draft is where who to take first out of these three = dwight, al and emeka...right now i think i may be leaning towards that order , but its getting tough with each good game al throws up

the thing im pondering before my upcoming draft is where who to take first out of these three = dwight, al and emeka...right now i think i may be leaning towards that order , but its getting tough with each good game al throws up

Yeah I'm with you in that same exact order for those 3, but I wouldn't touch Emeka.

Jefferson went third in my league as well.

Anybody worried about the tougher matchups against the PF's of the West?

Jefferson went third in my league as well.

Anybody worried about the tougher matchups against the PF's of the West?

I think it will have an impact, plus with a faster paced offense that you see more often in the west as well. I'm not as high on Jefferson as most are, but still think he is a damn good talent.

What is the league structure where Dwight gets taken in the third or fourth round before Al or Emeka? I have to assume FTM and no TOs.

i like yao and gasol a lot better

Yeah, but they are 1st rounders. Jefferson is borderline 3rd round pending how many teams are in your league.

i like yao and gasol a lot better

the sky is blue

I think it will have an impact, plus with a faster paced offense that you see more often in the west as well. I'm not as high on Jefferson as most are, but still think he is a damn good talent.

Ditto. He will need time to adjust to the west. Plus west do have more dominant big men so that's another issue. To be honest with you, I feel Aldridge will be as good as Al jeff this season, so if you miss out al jeff in 4th round, you might wnat to target aldridge in 6th or 7th.

One thing you have to remember about big Al is that he really didn't do squat until December of last year. it's a big risk on a guy that really hasn't proven he can adjust to a variety of situations.

Also, let's be realistic about Minny. Big Al is going to have the ball a lot, which will mean a few more points (no way he averages more than 20 no matter what team he is on and that is a stretch, at least this season) but he will also have A LOT more turn overs and his low ft% is going to become much larger issue as he will parade to the ft line.

I also like him quite a bit, but I still think even considering him before Howard is ridiculous and if Okafor was healthy (which he isn't), i'd take him first too.

Ditto. He will need time to adjust to the west. Plus west do have more dominant big men so that's another issue. To be honest with you, I feel Aldridge will be as good as Al jeff this season, so if you miss out al jeff in 4th round, you might wnat to target aldridge in 6th or 7th.

Pretty close, although I see AJ with a few more points and a few more boards and less concern over injury. All the recipes for him to have a later draft selection. Personally, I think the transition from conferences is a slightly bigger challenge then a lot of people realize, well if you're a big man at least.

What is the league structure where Dwight gets taken in the third or fourth round before Al or Emeka? I have to assume FTM and no TOs.

yup...my league, TO's are not a big factor, and we dont use %'s.....so Dwight is a late first/early second round center....

yup...my league, TO's are not a big factor, and we dont use %'s.....so Dwight is a late first/early second round center....

I would 100% take Dwight Howard over Al Jefferson in a standard 9 cat league.

I think there a lot of people wearing rose colored glasses when it comes to Big Al. By the end of the season, I predict they will have similar TO's, similar FT% (but Big Al will take a LOT more ft's) and similar points. Howard will have a better fg% (the Rashard effect) more rebounds (it's dwight howard we are talking about) and more blocks. Heck, it might even have a a couple of assists. Who is big Al going to pass to out of the post?

Pretty close, although I see AJ with a few more points and a few more boards and less concern over injury. All the recipes for him to have a later draft selection. Personally, I think the transition from conferences is a slightly bigger challenge then a lot of people realize, well if you're a big man at least.

Toes did you just say less injury risk. Al Jeff has never had a healthy season. He is a really young guys with really weak ankles. I'll take Aldridge's shoulder surgery last year and sore heel this summer over a big guy with weak ankles.

20 and 15 tonight.....

Man... I want him too, but with these preaseason games I'm thinking I'll have to take him in the third (25) instead of the fourth (36) if I want him.. I wish I had my draft earlier!!!!

no...forward

Mark Blount has the center eligibility per cbs (which i agree with)

They have been playing him at Foward and Center in the preseason... He also had center eligability last year, he had 19 starts at center in 60 starts.