Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LinceArmStrong

AK47

I know he's much more of a rotoleague type player, but im takin notice to this preseason. Another big night, from the man who gets love once a year from another chick (wifes approval) lol ~

Sloan says he's looked better than ever - contributing across the board this preseason. Im liking him as a nice value play this year.

kirilenko_3088.jpg

he should be better this yr, but how will he play when boozer plays more than 13 minutes a game? seems like as boozer's level of play and minutes go up, AK's goes down.

he should be better this yr, but how will he play when boozer plays more than 13 minutes a game? seems like as boozer's level of play and minutes go up, AK's goes down.

yup - missed that 13 minutes from Booze....even so, i love the positive reports im hearing about him. Perfect value type pick imo....

yup - missed that 13 minutes from Booze....even so, i love the positive reports im hearing about him. Perfect value type pick imo....

yeah AK cant go anywhere but up afer last yr i just dont think he'd ever be a great fit for utah with boozer there. AK prefers to play the 4 cuz his perimeter skills just arent that good, mainly shooting and ball-handling.

i think he needs a change of scenery. i'd love to see him play alongside J-kidd in NJ. he could be what k-mart was for j-kidd during the nets' finals years.

i'd love to see an AK for richard jefferson (+ a pick) deal go down. AK could move to the 4, RJ's a true SF and IMO would be more productive offensively for the jazz.

i put the deal through a trade checker and it worked out...just an idea.

yeah AK cant go anywhere but up afer last yr i just dont think he'd ever be a great fit for utah with boozer there. AK prefers to play the 4 cuz his perimeter skills just arent that good, mainly shooting and ball-handling.

i think he needs a change of scenery. i'd love to see him play alongside J-kidd in NJ. he could be what k-mart was for j-kidd during the nets' finals years.

i'd love to see an AK for richard jefferson (+ a pick) deal go down. AK could move to the 4, RJ's a true SF and IMO would be more productive offensively for the jazz.

i put the deal through a trade checker and it worked out...just an idea.

what does that mean?

what does that mean?

i used another site's trade checker and the trade would work out salary wise so the deal is do-able in reality.

AK will be a nice value pick for sure. After last year I have to agree with Chills/Gargz that his value has to go up, and I think either Sloan is going to give him the opportunity to prove himself or the Jazz deal him. Either way he's going to be playing 30+ minutes this year and has been top 10 player in recent memory. He's not past his prime by any means so I could see him returning to being a top 20 value this year (depending on how much blocks are weighted). Maybe a 16-7-2.5 blks line. A trade would be better for him, but with Okur being a outside oriented 5 I think even starting at the 3 he should be able to get cracks at scoring in the lane and blocking shots.

Count me out of the small group expecting him to post 16 PPG. That seems insane to me. Brewer clearly is hogging whatever scoring slack is available (and shots). Look for something more like 10 pts, 7 reb, 2 ast, 2 stl, 2.5 blk with maybe 30 treys on the year and average or slightly plus percentages and low TOs (<2). I think lots of people are catching wind and his ADP should rise significantly in late drafts. It's doubtful he will be there at a good value in my draft in eight days.

I think he will be better than last year. Much like guys like Brad Miller and Diaw, they have too much talent to be that bad again for an entire season (barring injury).

However, I don't see why we (as a group) continue to take these training camp pronouncements seriously. In every sport, you hear during training camp/spring training about guys being in the "best shape of their lives" or "ready to assume a new role" or "their poor performance the previous year was because of X,Y, and Z nagging injuries." Why take public posturing at face value?

My new favorite: "LeBron is going to shoot better from the line because of his Lasik surgery." That one cracks me up every time.

i used another site's trade checker and the trade would work out salary wise so the deal is do-able in reality.

damn - your really hard core~

welcome back buddy....

AK will be a nice value pick for sure. After last year I have to agree with Chills/Gargz that his value has to go up, and I think either Sloan is going to give him the opportunity to prove himself or the Jazz deal him. Either way he's going to be playing 30+ minutes this year and has been top 10 player in recent memory. He's not past his prime by any means so I could see him returning to being a top 20 value this year (depending on how much blocks are weighted). Maybe a 16-7-2.5 blks line. A trade would be better for him, but with Okur being a outside oriented 5 I think even starting at the 3 he should be able to get cracks at scoring in the lane and blocking shots.

no doubt - great pt

I think he will be better than last year. Much like guys like Brad Miller and Diaw, they have too much talent to be that bad again for an entire season (barring injury).

However, I don't see why we (as a group) continue to take these training camp pronouncements seriously. In every sport, you hear during training camp/spring training about guys being in the "best shape of their lives" or "ready to assume a new role" or "their poor performance the previous year was because of X,Y, and Z nagging injuries." Why take public posturing at face value?

My new favorite: "LeBron is going to shoot better from the line because of his Lasik surgery." That one cracks me up every time.

Miller I just dont like much anymore - feel that he's simply gotten older/slower. his greatest value used to be when they ran the offense thru him top of the key ~ allow him to utilize his passing skills etc.....thats not the case with Theus.

Also - i understand what your saying about reading too much into new develpoments for a player, but they are facts that need to be part of the equation. Numbers should be the most crucial part of looking at a players value, but you have to factor in new changes (player roles, health, laser eye surgery B) )

Do you guys recall, was that Adelman who used to run the offense thru Miller/Webber top of the key??

I like the potential Kirilenko has, but I still do not think I'd draft him where he is currenty landing. In my latest draft, he ended up going in the 5th round (13 team league) before guys like Okur, Aldridge (also hype though), Ricky Davis (contract year and should be the pirmary scorer in MIN), Zach Randolph (non TO league), Ben Gordon, and Richard Jefferson just to name a few.

Yeah it's really sad...Sloan is turning him into another AK - Adam Keefe.

Boozer is so dominant in the middle i don't think AK will ever score like 16ppg unless he becomes a better shooter. Even harpring scores better in this system b/c of his jump shot. You can certainly expcet defensive numbers but i woulnd't expect much on offensive end from AK

Count me out of the small group expecting him to post 16 PPG. That seems insane to me. Brewer clearly is hogging whatever scoring slack is available (and shots). Look for something more like 10 pts, 7 reb, 2 ast, 2 stl, 2.5 blk with maybe 30 treys on the year and average or slightly plus percentages and low TOs (<2). I think lots of people are catching wind and his ADP should rise significantly in late drafts. It's doubtful he will be there at a good value in my draft in eight days.

These numbers seem about right. Those type of defensive numbers don't come cheap. My concern comes that AK like most high blks guys get most of their blks coming from the weak side. If AK has to continue chasing the other teams primary scorer then he get fewer opportunities for dropping off his man for the weak side blk. I temper this concern with optimism with him hopefully being happy and playing harder.

These numbers seem about right. Those type of defensive numbers don't come cheap. My concern comes that AK like most high blks guys get most of their blks coming from the weak side. If AK has to continue chasing the other teams primary scorer then he get fewer opportunities for dropping off his man for the weak side blk. I temper this concern with optimism with him hopefully being happy and playing harder.

Well, 2.5 is a lot of BPG, but this is AK. I think that is a reasonable number even considering your good point. Perhaps 11-12 PPG and 1.5 SPG is more like it in those two categories. Taking him higher than like 50th could be considered risky IMO. Some online analysts are saying to target him at around 70th, which I think is seeing pie in the sky... he won't last that long.