Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2ndCitySox

Pablo Sandoval 2013 Outlook

402 posts in this topic

Panda had a rough 2012...but he has no more hamate bones to break. At times, he seems like a guy that could hit 30 bombs, but can be really streaky.

Anyone care to rank or predict Pandas 2013 line???

Wish he played in a better home park for hitting. Not gonna overreact to his 3 HR WS game and peg him as a 30+ HR guy or anything.

But .305 / 85R / 23HR/ 89RBI type line seems attainable if he stays healthy.

That still puts him pretty high up on the 3B food chain.

1. Miggy

2. Beltre

3. Longoria

4. Encarnacion

5. Wright

6. Headley

7. Zimmerman

8. Pablo

9. Aramis

Wish he played in a better home park for hitting. Not gonna overreact to his 3 HR WS game and peg him as a 30+ HR guy or anything.

1. Miggy

2. Beltre

3. Longoria

4. Encarnacion

5. Wright

6. Headley

7. Zimmerman

8. Pablo

9. Aramis

Encarnacion won't have 3B eligibility next year.

I think he's going to be undervalued. he's had some freak injuries the past couple of years. I don't think he's necessarily injury prone. those injuries are also the type that sap a player's power. the entire middle of his 2012 was ruined by the hamate injury. he was raking before the injury, and I think it's no coincidence that he started raking again in September. it takes time for a player to get his power back after hand and wrist injuries. If he can stay healthy, I think .320/30/100 is very doable for him. he turns 27 in August 2013. I just have a good feeling about him for next year.

1. Miggy

2. Beltre

3. Longoria

4. Encarnacion

5. Wright

6. Headley

7. Zimmerman

8. Pablo

9. Aramis

I think those AVG/HR/RBI are closer to his floor over a full season. the R are high though. he's slow, he doesn't walk much, and they don't have a deep lineup.

that Wright-Headley-Pablo-Zimm-Aramis tier is going to be hard for me to figure out. I don't think I'm touching Headley next year. I have a hard time believing that he can follow up on that 2nd half if he's still a Padre. but those 5 are really close in my eyes. they all have their own warts.

Encarnacion won't have 3B eligibility next year.

oh crap, you're right.

Take E5 out of there and just move everyone up one.

I was not going to keep him until his playoff performance this year.

1 person likes this

That's what Nelson Cruz owner did after playoffs last year. Good luck with that.

2 people like this

I'm in the same boat as you, but pickin's are slim at 3rd base in my league. My other option is taking a chance on Todd Frazier. I'd rather have Panda truthfully. He's got a track record and I really think most of his injuries where flukey, plus as stated he is just entering his peek as a hitter. If healthy, I like him for a big bounceback.

I like him to put up the kind of numbers he did in 2009 and 2011, .300+ hitter with mid 20 HR. If he has good timing (gets hot with fly balls in right parks or maybe is hot when ATT is hot (ball carries there when its hot during day games) he could be a 30+ HR guy with the right timing.

I'd wait to see what kind of shape he comes into the season next year before I draft him anywhere near the top 50, he killed it when he was in better shape in 2011, his performance suffered after he ballooned up after his injuries this year.

I'd wait to see what kind of shape he comes into the season next year before I draft him anywhere near the top 50, he killed it when he was in better shape in 2011, his performance suffered after he ballooned up after his injuries this year.

I believe he gained a good amount of weight after his injury in 2011 as well. He ended up raking the second half of the year with around 15 HRs. While I do think that the weight could be an issue for him, I think that his struggles last year were due more to injuries. Once healthy in the postseason he mashed again. Besides Panda made it a point to come into last year fit, I'm hoping that he has turned a corner.

ok is the dude healthy. he has stomach problems now. still only 26. stretching to make the play at first ruined a full healthy season. but if posey can stay healthy and pence hit ok his runs and rbi could be better.

I don't buy him playing more than 120 games again this year, stomach problems requiring a hospital stay just confirms my skepticism on him

yes I know but in a keeper league sandoval is the best I can do as far as top 10 rankings. now.....can todd frazier or prado be better....also well I sell sandoval short he hits.

he already returned to the venezuelan winter league playoffs with his team. fatso needs some rest. and then lose some weight. cannot believe the giants allow him to play.

Stomach problems are more common than one would think. He's broken both his hamate bones right? And they can't be broken more than once? Correct?

I remember shaking my head when I drafted him early last year, but he ended up doing well in my playoffs. I think if he trims down, he could be a great value pick this year... He's worth a long look right up until draft day.

seen a highlight of him hitting a hr in the latin league playoffs for a win. the dude is the biggest he has been. the dude is huge.

he already returned to the venezuelan winter league playoffs with his team. fatso needs some rest. and then lose some weight. cannot believe the giants allow him to play.

Playing is probably the best thing for his weight issues, in addition he is killing the Venezuelan league playoffs.

Playing is probably the best thing for his weight issues, in addition he is killing the Venezuelan league playoffs.

yeah but pitching is not as good. everyone talks about the weight and if the weight is a problem then he now has one.