Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cmilne23

Lawrence Tynes 2012 Season Outlook

30 posts in this topic

No thread for the man cleaning up the kicking position? If Legatron can get 134 pages, we should give Lawrence at least one. With bye in week 11 is anyone else just going blank at kicker to keep this starlight in your lineup?

I had him and dropped him for a matchup related Blair Walsh a couple weeks ago. I guess I should have kept him.

Luckily in the league I have him (team 1 in sig) we have super deep benches. I honestly think I will drop Hartline for a replacement kicker week 11.

I lost this past weekend because I tried to predict Matt Prater would get more points than Tynes. I lost by matchup by 4 points, and Tynes outscored Prater by 17.

Most regret I've ever felt related to a kicker.

meh, just another kicker nothing notable about him. of course he could keep getting lucky - but does anybody remember how up until 2 weeks ago Hanson was by far the best kicker?

Even the leg was #1 for a while. Nothing special imo.

this thread is stupid...Greg can kick it further and more accurate than any kicker in the league, whats so special about tynes...NOTHING, he's just another kicker.

I'm thinking of picking up Tynes in my fantasy Wendy's drive-thru dynasty league. I think he'll be a stud there in about 2 years.

tynes became good because of the couple FGs made last year in the playoffs. before that we all know he was not a shoe in.

No thread for the man cleaning up the kicking position? If Legatron can get 134 pages, we should give Lawrence at least one. With bye in week 11 is anyone else just going blank at kicker to keep this starlight in your lineup?

I am..and as far as i'm concerned it's due to you,my man!

He has a commanding lead on the rest of K..and i value all positions..idp and K included.

Of course it doesn't hurt that I'm a Giants fan.

Thanks,BBSACK

I'm sure some leagues score differently kicking wise but Tynes is #1 while Zuerlein is #3 in my main one.

Viva la Tynes!

Tynes is an average kicker - not very strong but pretty reliable 45 yds and in. But for fantasy, Tynes is great - he's on a great offense (currently 3rd in points per game, 4th in yards per game) that is inexplicably terrible in the redzone (26th in TD scoring in redzone).

As a Giants fan, that's infuriating. But for fantasy owners of Tynes, what's not to like?

this thread is stupid...Greg can kick it further and more accurate than any kicker in the league, whats so special about tynes...NOTHING, he's just another kicker.

Zuerlein has more misses in ONE game, than Tynes has on the whole season. Tynes>Zuerlein!

So I guess this is the REAL kicker thread.

Tynes for MVP!

1 person likes this

Tynes gets a ton of chances and is real accurate within 50. Of course if you want 50+ then Janikowski and Legatron are your guys.

Giants K Lawrence Tynes is on pace to score more points than anyone in NFL history ever has in one season.

Tynes has 94 points in eight games, the season’s halfway point. He’s on pace for 188 points, which would top the record for any player (LaDainian Tomlinson’s 186 points in 2006) and shatter the record for a kicker (David Akers’ 166 points last season). The kicking record before Akers broke it was Gary Anderson’s 164 points in 1998. Paul Hornung, a halfback and kicker, scored 176 points in 1960 while kicking 15 field goals and 41 extra points, but the Packers star also had 15 touchdowns.

Tynes>>the field.

This man should have 138 pages!

Giants K Lawrence Tynes is on pace to score more points than anyone in NFL history ever has in one season.

Tynes has 94 points in eight games, the season’s halfway point. He’s on pace for 188 points, which would top the record for any player (LaDainian Tomlinson’s 186 points in 2006) and shatter the record for a kicker (David Akers’ 166 points last season). The kicking record before Akers broke it was Gary Anderson’s 164 points in 1998. Paul Hornung, a halfback and kicker, scored 176 points in 1960 while kicking 15 field goals and 41 extra points, but the Packers star also had 15 touchdowns.

Tynes>>the field.

This man should have 138 pages!

damnit! why tynes??. i knew i shouldve stuck with greg the leg zuerlein! greg has so much upside, everyone on this forum told me so. he can kick 60 yard field goals. and can single handedly beat my opponents kickers week in and week out. i dont care if he has a bye week, he will score points anyways.

i wish i never owned tynes. he scores too many points for my team. he's so selfish.

When Tynes first went to the Giants i was concerned being the Chiefs (I think) did not want to keep him. He was a little iffy at first, but man he has become Mr. consistent and with Eli we do not need to kick 55 yard field goals! :P

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, November 19, 2012 - No reason given · Report post

Picked him up as a FA since he was dropped w/ a bye week, can't stand crosby anymore