Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dzemens

Week 9 Waiver Wire Touts

A reminder for all on how it works - a weekly thread will be posted and pinned, for all of you who need to find replacements (DOH). Each week, the old thread will be de-pinned, and a new thread (Week 2, Week 3, etc.) to keep the touts current, given how the guys that are likely to be found on the WW changes from week to week and given the popularity of weekly H2H matchups.

With this threads relocation you may feel free to ask questions directly pertaining to your league and team situation and engage in discussion of ranking the players, who to add/drop etc.

As for your touts, there are no specifics - but as a guide, as we're talking the WW, feel free to look at the CBS/Yahoo/ESPN ownership rates - it will give a great idea if a guy is really a WW tout or not. As the WW varies, if you have deep league touts, feel free to post - qualifying them for deep leagues has helped in the past.

Kevin Smith... with Bell injured (Shaken up)

Titus Young? - he's available in some of my 10man leagues

Cecil Shorts. I know he plays on Jacksonville, but it's hard to ignore 12 targets and 100+ yards.

Dustin Keller, looks to be the #1 target for the Jets.

Nick Foles, for those in need of QB help on speculation that Vick will be benched.

Guest JimmyGs

Daniel Thomas. Obviously Miami is just not interested in Bush as the feature/GL back. Full RBBC now in affect and Thomas is the GL back ROS.

anyone picking up hillman?

I think he looked good, but he's nothing other than a handcuff or a bench rider waiting for an injury to be useful. if I had mcgahee i would probably try to grab him just for insurance.

Jonathan Dwyer. Even with Mendenhall and Redman coming back, he likely earned himself some carries.

Daniel Thomas seems to be in a timeshare. Goal line back work should make him worth owning.

Jonathan Dwyer. Even with Mendenhall and Redman coming back, he likely earned himself some carries.

how are you touting dwyer when you're in a 16-team league? i'm in a 10 and a 12 and i've owned him for two weeks in both...

how are you touting dwyer when you're in a 16-team league? i'm in a 10 and a 12 and i've owned him for two weeks in both...

He's not owned in my league. The guy that drafted him dropped him after Week 3 for Ramses Barden and no one picked him up.

Last week, a few people were touting Ryan Broyles as a great WW grab this week. With Young being the star of the game, what are people's thoughts? Broyles did perform, grabbing that TD, but Young seems to have filled in as the better play. Anyone think we see a turning of the tide with Broyles surpassing Young or is that wishful thinking?

Last week, a few people were touting Ryan Broyles as a great WW grab this week. With Young being the star of the game, what are people's thoughts? Broyles did perform, grabbing that TD, but Young seems to have filled in as the better play. Anyone think we see a turning of the tide with Broyles surpassing Young or is that wishful thinking?

I think it is wishful thinking. Both are worth owning, but only Titus is worth playing. He looked fine yesterday and should be good for the rest of the year. Right now, Titus is worth owning and starting, while Broyles is just worth owning. I don't think Broyles will ever overtake Titus this year.

He's not owned in my league. The guy that drafted him dropped him after Week 3 for Ramses Barden and no one picked him up.

drop ingram and pick up dwyer...

drop ingram and pick up dwyer...

I can only pick up one person a week every Wednesday. After last week, he will probably go before me. I put in for Daniel Thomas for Simpson as of right now. I'm not ready to give up on Ingram. He is still their best option at the goal line.

Legarrette Blount - he is rumored to potentially be on the move. He really wasn't all that bad when he was the number one back in TB. If a team like GB picks him up he becomes a solid flex play with low RB 2 potential.

Should I look to pick up any of these:

Jonathan Dwyer

Donald Brown

Kenny Britt

Danny Amendola

jermike finley for a bye-week TE for hernandez owners...

I don't know, he's been so bad lately... I know he's not fully healthy, but I feel like there's better options out there. He got like 3 points yesterday. Rodgers did play terrible, but I feel like he's not going to turn it around soon enough.

Should I look to pick up any of these:

Jonathan Dwyer, Donald Brown, Kenny Britt, Danny Amendola

I love Amendola, so if you're in any type of a PPR league, I'd stash him. I already snagged him in two leagues.

Dwyer seems like a logical pickup depending on your RBs and even though I have Britt, I'm just not sure if Hasselbeck is the QB he needs to really produce like we'd want him to.

jermike finley for a bye-week TE for hernandez owners...

I don't know, he's been so bad lately... I know he's not fully healthy, but I feel like there's better options out there. He got like 3 points yesterday. Rodgers did play terrible, but I feel like he's not going to turn it around soon enough.

best other option out there is pettigrew...but i own megatron, little leery of doubling-down on the lions. still, you're right, i should go BPA.

best other option out there is pettigrew...but i own megatron, little leery of doubling-down on the lions. still, you're right, i should go BPA.

Yeah I get where you're coming from, I still feel like in the GB offense, Finley should be so much better then he is, and he just isn't. I know it's risky, but sometimes it's just better to see who the BPA is and compare that to their upcoming opponent and points given up to TEs. It doesn't always work, but when I've been dealing with Graham and Hernandez, it's worth a shot.

My targets this week, where available: Stewart, Richardson, Hillman and Young.

My targets this week, where available: Stewart, Richardson, Hillman and Young.

freeman too, if he's out there.

I can pick up 4 people this week. I'm planning on getting Cecil Shorts and Titus Young. I'm pretty stuck on who to pick up for my tight end as Dustin Keller is on a bye week. But Jacob Tamme sounds good to me considering how Peyton is hot. I'm rolling the dice. I'm not sure if I should drop somebody for Santana Moss either. Bolstering my bench up.