Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dzemens

Week 9 Waiver Wire Touts

Not sure it if has been posted as of 2012, but out of the 32 NFL teams Is it safe to say we have QB controversy in some cities...

AFC East:

Dolphins - Tannehill, no controversy, injury possibility? Back up - Moore

Jets - Sanchez, full blown controversy, Tebow time soon???

AFC North:

None

AFC South

Titans - Hasselbeck is the man right now, but Locker (when healthy) will likely regain his job

AFC West

Chiefs - Quinn is named starter but is currently injured. Cassel will start Thursday. If he plays well do we think he'll keep the job?

NFC East

Eagles - Vick(now)?? Foles waiting in the wings?

NFC North

None

NFC South

None

NFC West

Cardinals - Skelton starting now, but Kolb when healthy may get job back?

Not sure it if has been posted as of 2012, but out of the 32 NFL teams Is it safe to say we have QB controversy in some cities...

AFC East:

Dolphins - Tannehill, no controversy, injury possibility? Back up - Moore

Jets - Sanchez, full blown controversy, Tebow time soon???

AFC North:

None

AFC South

Titans - Hasselbeck is the man right now, but Locker (when healthy) will likely regain his job

AFC West

Chiefs - Quinn is named starter but is currently injured. Cassel will start Thursday. If he plays well do we think he'll keep the job?

NFC East

Eagles - Vick(now)?? Foles waiting in the wings?

NFC North

None

NFC South

None

NFC West

Cardinals - Skelton starting now, but Kolb when healthy may get job back?

NFC West

Cardinals - Ryan Lindley might not be a bad dynasty stash if the wheels continue to fall off and they decide to see what they've got before next year's draft.

looks like another week where nobody is really worth waivering unless you are just trying to handcuff your rb or picking up some bye week fillers.

I'm going after Young. I drafted him, and then I dropped him, and it looks like I'll be picking him up again.

I was thinking of approaching this week's waiver wire (and possible trade proposals) by trying to anticipate who is going to be traded (in real life).

But that is very difficult. Its seems every hour comes another report of someone who we thought might be traded, who now probably isn't.

Anyone think Justin Forsett can be a sneaky pickup this week as a one week type of starter? It looks like Tate may be out with an injury, and the Texans will give Foster a breather, so maybe Forsett can be a decent pickup for a RB needy team, since Houston does play the Bills this week, who are one of the worst run defenses in the league. Just a thought.

Should I look to pick up any of these:

Jonathan Dwyer, Donald Brown, Kenny Britt, Danny Amendola

I love Amendola, so if you're in any type of a PPR league, I'd stash him. I already snagged him in two leagues.

Dwyer seems like a logical pickup depending on your RBs and even though I have Britt, I'm just not sure if Hasselbeck is the QB he needs to really produce like we'd want him to.

Hasselbeck is the QB that Britt did so well with last year. Britt's been awful (30 yds and 34 yds) the last two weeks against weak D's. If I find someone with a lot of upside, Britt's gone. Amendola would be such a person but I picked him up on all 3 of my teams last week. Cecil Shorts, with Mike Thomas just traded to Detroit, is a possibility.

jermike finley for a bye-week TE for hernandez owners...

Stay away from Finley, pick up Heath Miller, Dustin Keller, or if you are very needy Brandon Myers

best other option out there is pettigrew...but i own megatron, little leery of doubling-down on the lions. still, you're right, i should go BPA.

My targets this week, where available: Stewart, Richardson, Hillman and Young.

I picked up Pettigrew last week, he's now owned in 81% of ESPN leagues, not sure if he will be avaible. I picked up Steward last week as well he's owned in 79% of leagues and he should go to priority number #1. I like the idea of picking up Richardson, if I had room on my team I'd pick him up. I'm sure titus young is already picked up. If I were you and if you need RB depth I'd try to go after Donald Brown he is a strong flex play as his first week back had 1 more carry than Ballard and he avg 5.7 yards a clip.

Anyone like Logan Paulsen? With Vernon Davis on Bye and not much being out there he kinda intrigues me. Chris Cooley isn't close to being ready for full time work and in the last two weeks he's out up decent #s

Mikel Leshoure (undisclosed) did not practice Wednesday.

In the third quarter of last week's win over the Seahawks, we spotted Leshoure limping off the field holding his calf. He never returned. Although tight-lipped coach Jim Schwartz claimed there was no injury, he was clearly hiding the truth once again. We now have to consider Leshoure questionable for Week 9, giving Joique Bell a possible feature back role against the Jaguars.

Joique Bell? Has an easy match up this week. and the Lions picked up another 'okay' WR to maybe take some pressure off Stafford.

Seems to have more trust from RG3 than Davis ever had.

Anyone like Logan Paulsen? With Vernon Davis on Bye and not much being out there he kinda intrigues me. Chris Cooley isn't close to being ready for full time work and in the last two weeks he's out up decent #s

Anyone have any sleeper candidates or undervalued trade targets for ROS? I'm thinking of DMoore w/ the Raiders as one good target - others?

i'm thinking dmoore of the raiders has been owned all year long in most competitive leagues.

i'm thinking dmoore of the raiders has been owned all year long in most competitive leagues.

yea, I was thinking of trade targets...

sorry, i didn't realize that this was the "trade targets" thread, i thought i was in Week 9 Waiver Wire Touts. :rolleyes:

sorry, i didn't realize that this was the "trade targets" thread, i thought i was in Week 9 Waiver Wire Touts. :rolleyes:

I didn't put this question here - don't know why the moderators did...

Anyone think Justin Forsett can be a sneaky pickup this week as a one week type of starter? It looks like Tate may be out with an injury, and the Texans will give Foster a breather, so maybe Forsett can be a decent pickup for a RB needy team, since Houston does play the Bills this week, who are one of the worst run defenses in the league. Just a thought.

I think so too, and with the pile of crap on the waiver wire , maybe we get lucky . Of course only in a desperate situation . I come ounder that with the likes of E Royster, K Smith, and D Wilson sitting on my bench.

Guest JimmyGs

I think so too, and with the pile of crap on the waiver wire , maybe we get lucky . Of course only in a desperate situation . I come ounder that with the likes of E Royster, K Smith, and D Wilson sitting on my bench.

I like him as well. He had a great preseason. After Foster gets his 80/2 and 3/50/1 stat lines this week he could pickup some nice garbage time carries.

If Alex Green is as god awful as his ypc portends, isn't it time to get ahead of the curve on James Starks?