Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kball09

Al-Farouq Aminu 2012-2013 Season Outlook

344 posts in this topic

I'm watching the Hornets game on NBA tv and noticing that Aminu has been mentioned every 15 seconds or so, dunking like crazy, and just all over the place. Noticed he's having a VERY nice box score going at the moment.

Anybody have this guy on your radar? I remember him playing for the clips and having some good lines, but never getting PT.

I'm watching the Hornets game on NBA tv and noticing that Aminu has been mentioned every 15 seconds or so, dunking like crazy, and just all over the place. Noticed he's having a VERY nice box score going at the moment.

Anybody have this guy on your radar? I remember him playing for the clips and having some good lines, but never getting PT.

Picked him up as a speculative add. You never know.

This guy is beasting right now. He has always had potential, and has always put up elite defensive stats when given playing time. It looks like he is the starting SF and will get 34+ mins/g. What he is doing against the Spurs right now is pretty unbelievable. What do you guys project he will do this year?

There was always talk about his fantasy potential. Maybe this year he'll reach it?

I'm gonna give him one more game before considering a pick up

Same here picked him up for a speculative add. I dont see him having any competition at the SF spot so the minutes will be there.

There was always talk about his fantasy potential. Maybe this year he'll reach it?

I'm gonna give him one more game before considering a pick up

He's played really well, today, but the fact remains he still can't shoot worth a lick. If he gets minutes, he should rack up some nice counting stats, with rebounds. But I don't have confidence that he'll be able to score this efficiently until he adds a jumpshot.

yeah, you always got that guy at the end of your bench who you can drop for a stat line like this. make the move and see what happens. with the sorriness of the hornets team, he should get a lot of run. what i like the most is the almost 37 mins played. that is huge.

now THIS is the pickup.

not crowder. not green.

talent + good per-minute production + big minutes with no competition

i just added him and dropped jamal crawford... would rather speculate on a potential sleeper, then stick with the same ol' jamal crawford.

now THIS is the pickup.

not crowder. not green.

talent + good per-minute production + big minutes with no competition

Exactly. I was very confused as to what was going on in these forums when everyone was falling in love with Green and Crowder. Just didn't make any sense to me. Everything you said about Aminu is what I'm thinking as well. Here is potential combined with minutes; whereas Crowder has potential but will likely not get enough minutes this year, and Green, well Green is just not good.

I actually just dropped Green for him. I only picked Green up because Rotoworld was high on him....I should have learned my lesson nby now to not trust Rotoworld blindly.

How about you man up and trust your intuition and analysis? Rotoworld is not here to think for you

I actually just dropped Green for him. I only picked Green up because Rotoworld was high on him....I should have learned my lesson nby now to not trust Rotoworld blindly.

Does he have much competition?

Darius Miller and Lance Thomas are the only other SFs on the roster, so i'd say.

Very impressive. Had bust written all over him thus far though, so I'll need to wait and see more.

Hard to see him having a lot of value given that he doesn't shoot too many threes. Defensive stats tonight were nice, though.

I also dropped Green for him. I actually like Green's prospects, but Aminu has a tantalizing mix of blk/stl potential, and might even chip in a few threes. Not to mention his role is locked in.

How about you man up and trust your intuition and analysis? Rotoworld is not here to think for you

Um....that's exactly what I said I was going to do...but since my life doesn't rotate around watching sports like the writers at Rotoworld, I occasionally take their opinions with a large amount of weight.

But thanks for your insight, other guy on a message board.

5 people like this

man....thats a great line. what are the chances he can play like this on a nightly basis? not put up the same stats, per say, but rather be a primary weapon on both ends. if hes going to get these touches, im guna have to drop wilson chandler for him.

man....thats a great line. what are the chances he can play like this on a nightly basis? not put up the same stats, per say, but rather be a primary weapon on both ends. if hes going to get these touches, im guna have to drop wilson chandler for him.

besides him, davis, and anderson, who's going to score? he looked like the number one option tonight and he did well against a good defense, so there doesn't seem to be much downside.