Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

baltimore_boy

Who To Start?

Team and league info in sig.

This is my make or break week. I'm currently one game out of playoff position and playing the guy I am behind. If I lose this week, I likely won't be able to make up 2 games on him, but if I win, I would tie him and hold the tiebreaker. This week is very important.

I play any 6 flex. McCoy, Dez, and Smith are obvious locks. I also want to play Titus this week, after missing out on his 2 TD's last week. That leaves 2 between Ballard, Thomas, Pettigrew, and Bennett. I'm not playing Tate or Ingram. I'm leaning Ballard and Bennett.

This is a TD only league, so yardage has zero importance to me. Who do I start?

As always, just leave a link and I always WHIR.

Mccoy, Smith, Dez, Tate, Young, Pettigrew, Thomas in that order is what I'd start them.

Mccoy, Smith, Dez, Tate, Young, Pettigrew, Thomas in that order is what I'd start them.

Wow. I didn't think Golden Tate would get any votes on here.

I mean none of the last 4 are top 50 players so its pretty much a coin-flip

I can't imagine playing a 16 team league, what is your record with that lineup?

McCoy, Smith, Dez, Thomas (goal line vulture w/ a juicy matchup), Young, Tate & Pettigrew for me

Vikings just gave up a ton of yards to Freeman and while Wilson is no Freeman, magical stuff happens when Seattle plays at home

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?/topic/320824-line-up-help-trade-advice-whir/page__fromsearch__1 please refer to post #13 before answering..thanks

I can't imagine playing a 16 team league, what is your record with that lineup?

3-4-1. It's extremely deep. Wire is very thin. Best available for points in our league this year are Jorvorskie Lane, Jackie Battle, Dwayne Allen, and Jacoby Jones. You have to find the hidden gems in drafts or else it is tough to fill out your starting 6 flex.

Baltimore,

Man that sounds like a tough league to me. Most I'll ever play in is a 12 and that's pushing it. This is the first year I'm running our league as its been going on for about 3 seasons now but cut some crappy players and picked up more quality players. Thinking next year expanding it to 12 if I can find two more quality players.

motion carried with ballard and bennett- thanks for the help with mine.

Bennett is most likely to find the endzone. I'm stuck between Daniel Thomas and Ballard though. With a gun to my head, I think I'd roll out Ballard but it's close.

Bennett/Ballard is my vote.

I'm going to have to go with Thomas (they seem to like him more inside the 5, so goal line TDs are quite possible) and Pettigrew. Bennett was a much nicer RZ target for Manning earlier this season, but Pettigrew seems to be the one who gets the most targets week in and week out. More targets = better chance for a TD.

I'll say this though, you have a pretty unique/difficult league setup. Seems like its a nice break from the boring ol' standard league.

Bennett and Thomas. Thomas gets goal line carries now, where as Ballard has to deal with Brown not to mention MIA is not easy to run on.

Are others realizing that this is TDs only?

Thomas should be a lock for this week! He's been a vulture all year & this week he has a great matchup. I would choose bennet as the 2nd one, but it's really a toss-up I think. Pettigrew doesn't get much in the red zone & ballard is against a tough MIA run D and has to contend with D Brown coming back....

I would go Thomas for sure and Bennet as the iffy 2nd guy

I like Thomas a lot as well. I guess Bennett would be my other choice with Ballard a close third.

Results so far:

Bennett - 9

Ballard - 7

Thomas - 5

Pettigrew - 3

Tate - 2

Any other opinions?

Thanks for the help with my Defense question and I like ur profile pic, but anyway your league does seem crazy & tough, but I would go with Thomas & Pettigrew here

Hidden

I am glad I dont have your problem! Dez has 2 tds all year and it a basket case. Steve smith has 0. If these guys did anything for you this year you wouldnt be at 3-4. Really Really Really tough league to be in. Thomas is probably one of them and bennett will score this week.