Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

parrothead

Ervin Santana 2013 Outlook

108 posts in this topic

Any thoughts here? Ive been starting my SP prep for 2013 spreadsheet and did the Angels already. I have in my notes that 8 of his last 10 Starts he had a sub 3 ERA and in two of those he had 10+ Strikeouts.

That said, this year was pretty bad with 5+ ERA and lowest K numbers in 30+ start year.

Royals chasing another upside guy like Sanchez last year?

Any thoughts here? Ive been starting my SP prep for 2013 spreadsheet and did the Angels already. I have in my notes that 8 of his last 10 Starts he had a sub 3 ERA and in two of those he had 10+ Strikeouts.

That said, this year was pretty bad with 5+ ERA and lowest K numbers in 30+ start year.

Id say he is a better bet than Sanchez. Sanchez has terrible control which has always been what gets him. Santana has shown the ability to be a consistent SP before, hes a back end of the rotation guy in real life who has the ability to blow up in a good or bad way. I wouldnt be counting on him for fantasy purposes though.

He's better than Sanchez. Santana has no where near the control issues that have plagued Sanchez throughout his career. I still don't think he is worth taking until the very end of drafts. He's a high risk/high reward. His ceiling is probably as high as 3.5 ERA, 1.2 WHIP, 170 K's, but his floor is as low as 5.0 ERA, 1.4 WHIP, and 150 K's. He can blow up quickly and is a headache to own. I'm not touching him.

Fight it. Don't be fooled. He has good starts every now and then. Just know he's a train wreck waiting on any start.

Fight it. Don't be fooled. He has good starts every now and then. Just know he's a train wreck waiting on any start.

This. Ervin is the ultimate tease. 8 IP, 9 k's, 1 ER just as likely as 3 2/3, 4 BB's, 7 ER's.

I'm not a fan. Royals defense is amazing though and I think he will end up posting borderline ownership levels at the end of the season. I would rather have him than the Matt Harrisons, Bronson Arroyos and Bud Norris' of the world

One start he'll look like MAGIC Santana

next start he turns into Homervin serving up HR's left and right

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, April 17, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Starting to get tempted to add him. Need the K's

OK....that's four QS in a row (3 wins)...is this the year for him to turn the corner and become a consistently good pitcher? I can't tell you how happy I am with the early results. I had to pick him up (he was undrafted in my 12-teamer) when Weaver & Harrison went down (then Greinke), and he has be studly!

Only 8 posts? He's one year removed from a 3.30/1.20 year... The Royals have just a sick defense which you have to love. They have studs all over the field, Alcides Escobar at short, Alex Gordon (best LF in baseball), Francouer with his missle arm in right. Salvy is a beast behind the plate too.

I'm thinking about jumping on board, this guy is my fantasy Kryptonite for sure

Might be crazy but I think I am sitting this one out tomorrow. Up and down the lineup the Rays guys have all killed Ervin in the past, Rays are kind of hot right now. Joyce homers every day... I feel like several homers are inevitable.

Since I posted this though congrats on your CG shutout everyone. Enjoy.

Might be crazy but I think I am sitting this one out tomorrow. Up and down the lineup the Rays guys have all killed Ervin in the past, Rays are kind of hot right now. Joyce homers every day... I feel like several homers are inevitable.

Since I posted this though congrats on your CG shutout everyone. Enjoy.

Pulled the trigger and started him this week given how impressive he's been all season thus far. If he has anything even remotely close to a CG SO tomorrow, I'll come back in here and thank you personally!

I think it will be a rocky start, some of these guys have hit Santana pretty well in the past. Good test for 2013.

well if KC can keep the lead, looks like ervin is gonna get an easy 5 inning cg shutout

Delayed before he got 5 innings in. That sucks

ya... and i kinda doubt even if the game does start back up today, ervin would be pitching after a long break. highly doubt the game starts back up today though.

Delayed before he got 5 innings in. That sucks

I know dammit! Looked so freaking good there...what is up with this guy?!? 7 K's in 4 innings...2 hits...sucks bad.

Suspended games

If a game is suspended, the stats for the players affected will count on the date the game was suspended.

Once play resumes, additional stats earned for the players affected will be applied retroactively to the original date play was suspended.

Head-to-Head leagues will not have any stats applied retroactively if play is resumed after the Head-to-Head matchup is final.

When suspended game stats are updated, we process them as a Stat Correction, so they can be applied retroactively to the date of the original of the game.

If you review the stat corrections page for the week the game impacted, you will see the player stats in question. If you review your team page for the date of the original game, you will see those corrections after we process them on Monday morning. Since we only process stat corrections each week on Monday, there is typically a delay in the stats posting.

All official scoring corrections are updated every Monday. Under the "Players" tab, click Stat Corrections to view the listing of stat corrections that are pending or have been completed.

In Head-to-Head leagues, corrections will be processed only if they apply to the most recently completed matchup.

All we can do is hope they don't finish so the stats don't count in H2H where he was going vs you.

Suspended games

If a game is suspended, the stats for the players affected will count on the date the game was suspended.

Once play resumes, additional stats earned for the players affected will be applied retroactively to the original date play was suspended.

Head-to-Head leagues will not have any stats applied retroactively if play is resumed after the Head-to-Head matchup is final.

When suspended game stats are updated, we process them as a Stat Correction, so they can be applied retroactively to the date of the original of the game.

If you review the stat corrections page for the week the game impacted, you will see the player stats in question. If you review your team page for the date of the original game, you will see those corrections after we process them on Monday morning. Since we only process stat corrections each week on Monday, there is typically a delay in the stats posting.

All official scoring corrections are updated every Monday. Under the "Players" tab, click Stat Corrections to view the listing of stat corrections that are pending or have been completed.

In Head-to-Head leagues, corrections will be processed only if they apply to the most recently completed matchup.

If the game is called before 5 innings it would be a postponed game and not a suspended game. Stats wouldnt count in any format.