Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RJRJRJ

Does Anybody Ever Set Their Lineup Based On Tv Schedule?

23 posts in this topic

Whenever I cant decide who to start, I check the game times and try to figure out which game will be the best to watch. I love it when I have players on both teams in a game so sometimes I go for that. Other times ill realize that I have nobody playing in the second round of games, so ill stick somebody in so that I have some skin in the game.

Of course I dont do this with studs. RB3/WR3 is where its at.

Anybody else do this?

no, I just play the player that I think will score the most points. But I may consider benching my players that play on Thursday Night, I havent had a player that has met their projected score yet all season. Frustrating.

Actually yes, a few times I've had a toss up in a flex spot and I've played the guy who's on Thursday night because I can focus on just that game. Sadly, Thursday night games are pretty horrendous so I'm going to quit doing that.

If I have ZERO clue on who to start, sure, I've done that a couple select times.

I've been debating the same thing this week, since I usually go watch the 1pm sunday games with friends and am deciding between Stafford (1pm game) or Vick (MNF).

Actually yes, a few times I've had a toss up in a flex spot and I've played the guy who's on Thursday night because I can focus on just that game. Sadly, Thursday night games are pretty horrendous so I'm going to quit doing that.

LOL, I do exactly this for tiebreakers and have been burned too (most notably the Minny DEF last TNF).

LOL, I do exactly this for tiebreakers and have been burned too (most notably the Minny DEF last TNF).

I got screwed on every single TNF game i've tried this year, unless I HAVE TO, no more.

i always like to have one player left on Monday Night in case im down or the other guys has someone going but thats about it

Never, but the Thursday games have been such awful fantasy wastelands that I've considered benching players for them.

I would do this if I played in a league where we all got together say, on a Thursday night and ate all kinds of delicious appetourvos and drank bieren and sat there and ridiculed each other for being dumb enough to start guys just because they were playing that night.

I never thought about doing that but it seems like it definitely could make things more enjoyable. If you're debating between T.Y Hilton and Brandon Stokley, but you happen to get the Colts game on TV, then yeah it defs makes it more exciting to play a guy that you'll actually be watching.

I would do this if I played in a league where we all got together say, on a Thursday night and ate all kinds of delicious appetourvos and drank bieren and sat there and ridiculed each other for being dumb enough to start guys just because they were playing that night.

I'm actually in a league that does this.

It's a one-team league.

3 people like this

It's a one-team league.

Does your wife want to kill you unless you show up with a ff pay day in December with the message: Look honey! Shopping funds!

I've gotten to the point where I'd rather not watch my players. I tend to scrutinize every little detail that costs my player's points (or gains my opponent points). Sometimes, I think it's better being none the wiser and not knowing all those little details. It can often seem like a sick joke or a bad dream when everything that can go wrong, does.

3 people like this

It's a one-team league.

Does your wife want to kill you unless you show up with a ff pay day in December with the message: Look honey! Shopping funds!

My Tomasina Brady blow-up doll? She lets me do whatever I want to her.

1 person likes this

i always like to have one player left on Monday Night in case im down or the other guys has someone going but thats about it

you realize this is completely ridiculous, right?

you realize this is completely ridiculous, right?

It is, but that's why it is.

I picked up Pierre Thomas and i'm gonna start him over Reggie Bush(who i'm trying to trade to the Sproles owner lol) because he plays Monday night and my opponent has Jimmy Graham. So whatever Graham does i hope gets offset by PT, hopefully PT can get the TDs. Normally i would watch the game but i have to be at work and normally i could even watch the game at work but the new TVs don't work. :/

I've gotten to the point where I'd rather not watch my players. I tend to scrutinize every little detail that costs my player's points (or gains my opponent points). Sometimes, I think it's better being none the wiser and not knowing all those little details. It can often seem like a sick joke or a bad dream when everything that can go wrong, does.

+1

At that point, honestly, why do you even play FF then? It seems like it's obviously hazardous to your well-being to partake. I can't imagine NOT watching my favourite team's games because I had a fantasy player from it. Just seems utterly ridiculous. Far more ridiculous than wanting to have a MNF player on a given week, anyway.

I played Cook over Pitta one week because Cook was playing Thursday and I wanted a reason to care about the game.

I guess that counts.