Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dragonballz

JR Smith 2012-2013 Season Outlook

136 posts in this topic

Yeah JR is one of the biggest chuckers in the league. 11 points, 6 assists and 3 rebounds are pretty good though. He can average about 4-5 assists a game this year if they keep up the great ball movement. Ugly FG%s though.

He is still available in our waiver wire, too bad Im not in a FG% punt build. Watched the later part of the game vs MIami, JR was active in defense.

He is still available in our waiver wire, too bad Im not in a FG% punt build.

Shooting 48%fg and 60% on 3's so far. Only 1.3 turnovers a game. Expected him to be my least efficient player and he ends up being my most efficient. I've watched a couple games and it actually looks like he's playing a smart, controlled game for the 1st time in his career. What to make of this? Should owners be trying to sell high?

I'm wary of Amare and Shumpert eating into the minutes. I personally sell high for someone who has a more solid lock on minutes

Shocked there isn't a thread for this guy already. He's scored in double digit points in all but 2 games this season and is contributing across the board while playing 30+ minutes off the bench and looks like he finally has his head right.

I sold high recently because right now he's posting top 30 value but is there anyone who thinks he keep these numbers up when Amare and Shumpert return?

After peeking at his stats again, I was expecting to see his FG% still inflated, but it seems to have come down already to 42%. His FT% is a tad inflated compared to his career norms. His rebounds as well are high, but the idea of him grabbing 5 rebounds a game isn't crazy too me given his athleticism. The more shocking number is his turnovers being less than 2(barely over 1 actually) with over 30 minutes a game.

I guess his current stat line isn't too crazy or out of the norm if he can continue to get 30+ minutes. FT% will probably come down a tad as well as TOs will probably rise a tad, but otherwise, he seems like he will be very valuable this year.

I sold high recently because right now he's posting top 30 value but is there anyone who thinks he keep these numbers up when Amare and Shumpert return?

Who did you get?

Who did you get?

I was able to flip him and DeAndre Jordan(this guy needed blocks) for Dragic. I think it would be hard to get that kind of value normally but this guy was just loaded at PG and had LeBron and Iggy as well.

That was classic boneheaded JR lol

I've been trying to sell him high but I think he can maintain some top 70-80 value for most of the year if he gets 30 min a night.

I know he has played well

But cmon

jrsmithwhy_medium.gif

I feel selfish and greedy when i pull this crap at the local park with some friends, but doing it in the NBA is just plain wow.

But cmon

jrsmithwhy_medium.gif

I feel selfish and greedy when i pull this crap at the local park with some friends, but doing it in the NBA is just plain wow.

Could be worse, I remember some years back a guy purposely bricking his own shot and collecting the rebound to try and get a triple double. Im not sure if it worked or not, my memory isnt that good.

But cmon

jrsmithwhy_medium.gif

Could be worse, I remember some years back a guy purposely bricking his own shot and collecting the rebound to try and get a triple double. Im not sure if it worked or not, my memory isnt that good.

Ah yes, i think that was Ricky Davis.

^lol there were several different players who have tried that. I think it was JaVale McGee but Andre Blatche and Ricky Davis also come to mind

^lol there were several different players who have tried that. I think it was JaVale McGee but Andre Blatche and Ricky Davis also come to mind

This has to be one of the worst group of names to ever been compared or associated with... :lol:

2 people like this

But cmon

jrsmithwhy_medium.gif

to make it worse, he bricked the shot on his own rim to get the rebound :lol:

But cmon

jrsmithwhy_medium.gif

to make it worse, he bricked the shot on his own rim to get the rebound :lol:

Thats right! It didnt count as a result! :lol: