Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jpsalerno1996

Carl Landry 2012-2013 Season Outlook

25 posts in this topic

'He's looking good in the first two games of the season. What are your thoughts?? He's back??" Exact quote from last year's outlook. Any thoughts on this season?

Always been a solid and efficient player and can't believe there was near-zero interest in him this offseason. Even he gets just 25+ minutes, he'll be able to be a fantasy asset. He's sort of a mini-David West in that he gets you points, rebounds, and percentages with not much else, but for a waiver wire flyer that's very good. With Brandon Rush out and Bogut clearly not 100%, there's a lot of opportunity at the wing and frontcourt for Landry to get playing time.

Hopefully he could average in the high 20's for minutes and keep the points up. It's a little discouraging that 10 of his 20 points were from the line last night.

Hopefully he could average in the high 20's for minutes and keep the points up. It's a little discouraging that 10 of his 20 points were from the line last night.

Why is it discouraging? FT% is one of his strengths and he's always had a knack of getting to the line.

^well, if he doesnt get fouled, those ft attempts turn into fg attempts. landry has always been a slept on fantasy asset. i see him averaging around 25 minutes, 12-14 points, 5-6 rebounds on some great percentages. with 30+ minutes, he's a 17-7 guy.

1 person likes this

With Rush being out, Landry is going to get decent amount of minutes especially when Bogut does not play.

wow...i knew landry's potential, but im starting to think he might even exceed my expectations. it's just too bad i have no one to drop for him.

David Lee, Bogut and Landry being the 6th man type, I can see quality stats.

Will he keep it up ? Current avg that is...

If you're wondering whether he's going to keep scoring 20 ppg on 66% FGs, I'd say no, he won't keep it up.

I traded him for Rubio before last night's game, nice boost getting 39 fantasy points.. When Bogut is healthy how many minutes will he be able to see?

He's been doing this his whole career. He's not gonna put up 20 ppg, but 15 with great percentages and around 6 or 7 boards is possible.

Is he in a slump or his run over? Hasn't been seeing as many minutes lately

They've started to play their rookie small forwards more, which means less small ball lineups with David Lee at center.