Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rotocious

Question about my draft position...

Okay so my draft in my one league was supposed to be next friday but got changed to today.... I have the #1 overall pick in a 14 team league... Does this mean I have to reach out and over draft on some talent? Or should I just let guys fall to me?... I hate drafting 2 picks in a row, because you don't have the best idea on how the next 26 picks could go... I was really looking to target guys like Al Jefferson in the 3rd - 4th round, and LaMarcus Aldridge in the 5th - 6th round, but now with the first pick they don't fall around thier draft averages...

So my question is should I draft them early when I think it's my last chance to get them, or is that too risky?... I don't like a lot of the names who's ADP's fall around my picks, how bad could it be to draft Al Jefferson / LaMarcus Aldridge (or anyone for that matter) a whole round - round and a half earlier than thier ADP dictates, just to lock them up?

I'm thinking Lebron with the number 1, he should fit it in this scoring system... What do you guys think?... We get 7 points for double doubles and 25 for a triple double.... CBS projects him as the number one with this scoring format

Other guys I'm thinking about taking over draft stabs at are Mo Williams, Tyrus Thomas, and Hakim Warrick... Do you guys think they'll be a safe bet to outproduce thier ADP's?

you cant get everybody you target. i for one dont reach for anyone the first 4-5 rounds, if the guys i like fall in my lap, then thats great. but i personally just try to maximize value and go for the best player available. drafting a guy in the first couple of rounds 3-5 spots ahead of where you pre-ranked em isnt that bad, but bumping em up a full round just to get em is a little too much.

Other guys I'm thinking about taking over draft stabs at are Mo Williams, Tyrus Thomas, and Hakim Warrick... Do you guys think they'll be a safe bet to outproduce thier ADP's?

mo williams and ty thomas, yes. hak warrick, no.

where do you have mo williams ranked?

you cant get everybody you target. i for one dont reach for anyone the first 4-5 rounds, if the guys i like fall in my lap, then thats great. but i personally just try to maximize value and go for the best player available. drafting a guy in the first couple of rounds 3-5 spots ahead of where you pre-ranked em isnt that bad, but bumping em up a full round just to get em is a little too much.

Okay do you think Al Jefferson with the 27th pick would be bad?... What about LaMarcus Aldridge at 51?...

mo williams and ty thomas, yes. hak warrick, no.

where do you have mo williams ranked?

Well CBS has Mo Williams average draft position at 49... Yahoo! and another website I use both have him at 69. So I was thinking about using my 50th or 51st pick on him?... I don't see me getting a PG in the first 3 rounds either... I was also thinking about passing on Mo and waiting on TJ Ford.

You don't like Hakim Warrick?... I was thinking taking him with like the 123rd pick or so, maybe even the 147th pick or something...

Okay do you think Al Jefferson with the 27th pick would be bad?... What about LaMarcus Aldridge at 51?...

I think that's about 10 spots too early for Al Jefferson.

LaMarcus at 51 is basically perfect.

neither of those is terrible. aldridge around 51 is right on time. jefferson at 27 is a bit of a reach, but i wouldnt have a huge problem taking him there. i personally would rather have someone like JO there.

neither of those is terrible. aldridge around 51 is right on time. jefferson at 27 is a bit of a reach, but i wouldnt have a huge problem taking him there. i personally would rather have someone like JO there.

Jermaine Oneal?... Is he going to have center eligability this year?

Well CBS has Mo Williams average draft position at 49... Yahoo! and another website I use both have him at 69. So I was thinking about using my 50th or 51st pick on him?... I don't see me getting a PG in the first 3 rounds either... I was also thinking about passing on Mo and waiting on TJ Ford.

You don't like Hakim Warrick?... I was thinking taking him with like the 123rd pick or so, maybe even the 147th pick or something...

i got mo ranked 55-58, dont see anything wrong with taking him 51. if you can somehow get hinrich at 50 that'd be perfect. otherwise you could wait a round later and get someone like a dre miller.

123 is too high for hak, 147 is more reasonable. im just not drafting him this yr. i dont like his upside with darko around.

Jermaine Oneal?... Is he going to have center eligability this year?

yeah he should if hes not already. i think he'll have a better year now that coach carlisle's gone.