Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lilkhmerkid4u

Metta World Peace 2012-2013 Season Outlook

221 posts in this topic

hmmm indeed. their bench is pathetic so there's not much competition for him, and they just got the most offensive minded coach in the league. i'm sure d'antoni would prefer a better shooter at the 3, but I don't see it currently on their roster. hard to see him keeping this up, but with d'antoni who knows. i'm in a points league, but he's been a real waiver stud for roto guys thus far. here's hoping for more of the same

His %'s didn't really change. He's just taking more shots at about 12 FGA's a game in the last 7 games with 7.5 three attempts a game.

Mettas a pretty good pick up if he's available in your league right now. What do you guys think his stats will be for the rest of the season? Will it stay likethis?

with d'antoni, who knows?

floor:

10 ppg (39% fg, 65% ft, 30% 3fg)

3.5 rpg

2 apg

1.2 spg

0.3 bpg

ceiling:

15 ppg (45% fg, 75% ft, 40% 3fg)

5.5 rpg

3.5 apg

2 spg

0.7 bpg

he should be rostered just for the potential.

He looks 30 lbs lighter. Looks like he has renewed confidence. I recall this guy being a 2nd to 3rd round draft pick in fantasy. Love the potential in a run and gun scenario.

He's playing a lot better this year. and with D'antoni's offense, I think he'll flourish.

He's great with 3's and Steals!

d'antoni just said he expects ron to take 10 3s a game and wants him to make 4. 40% he also said he expects him to score 17-20 points per a game. i'll be happy with 2 3s and 14 :)

d'antoni just said he expects ron to take 10 3s a game and wants him to make 4. 40% he also said he expects him to score 17-20 points per a game. i'll be happy with 2 3s and 14 :)

Did he really say that?

Did he really say that?

yeah, it was during the post game press conference

Did he really say that?

Wow, I might have to drop Harrison Barnes for him just based off that quote.

Did he really say that?

Wow, I might have to drop Harrison Barnes for him just based off that quote.

Not because MWP is ranked #56 on the season, #26 in the last two weeks, and #5 in the last week with his minutes about to go even higher under Mike "What's a Rotation" D'Antoni?

Woww MWP returning to relevancy?? Nice pick up if this continues. He looks like he's got the conditioning to play 40 minutes a game

he looks pretty good out there..sigh..only picked him up in 2/3 leagues. Even old farts can improve.

cannot believe he's turnining into a hot pickup now.

good for him

If he really is having 10 3FGA a game, he will either help much for your team, or kill your teams FG.

fun to own now, though.

if you are in Yahoo Fantasy, there's a "transaction Trends" function,

http://basketball.fa...ort=BI_S&sdir=1

which Artest is the hottest add now

He went unnoticed in one of my 10 team leagues. Shoot, I didnt even know he was available myself and I am a Lakers fan. Grabbed him a few minutes into the game (after he scored and stole a ball).

Could be one of the top pick ups of the season.

D'Antoni's exact quote:

“He should be wide open every time. He was 4 for 9 on 3s. He’ll get 10 a game and I told him he needs to make 4 of 10 every game. And he can do that. That’s 40 percent and that’s pretty good so he’ll do that. I think he’ll do that every game. He’s going to be up there (averaging) 17-20 points.”

If you look at D'Antoni's teams in the past, he always has sharpshooters in his setup. Or he always encourages 3pt shots from the wingmen. Joe Johnson, Marion, Raja Bell, James Jones, Wilson Chandler, Toney Douglas, Landry Fields, Gallinari to name a few. Looking at the current Lakers setup, it looks like Artest will be that man bombing 3s on the wings. So we better get used to it. 3pts and defensive stats? Why the hell wouldnt anyone want that on their fantasy team?

1 person likes this

MWP... Can he win most improved? Lol. He used to be that great back in sacramento and especially as a rocket. Now he is back to being Ron Artest

He is one of the very few players I despise and will never own no matter what he does in fantasy.

He is one of the very few players I despise and will never own no matter what he does in fantasy.

Give Peace a chance.

(Sorry, it had to be done).