Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

baltimore_boy

Week 12 Waiver Wire Touts

31 posts in this topic

Mark Ingram is looking good again today. Even when Sproles comes back, he may have earned himself a job as the inside runner over Pierre Thomas.

Marcel Reece is looking strong too. Will probably end up being the backup to McFadden over Goodson.

Would the consensus order be #1 Bryce Brown, #2 Ronnie Hillman, and #3 Jalen Parmele?

I like the safety of Permeles role but his ceiling is damn low. Not only is he not very talented compared to the other guys but he is on a much worse offense, and team in general. As I was making that list it also made me think this game is a fluke. I mean so many JAC players in one week screams fluke. They should play better under Henne but they probably overperformed.

Would the consensus order be #1 Bryce Brown, #2 Ronnie Hillman, and #3 Jalen Parmele?

I like the safety of Permeles role but his ceiling is damn low. Not only is he not very talented compared to the other guys but he is on a much worse offense, and team in general. As I was making that list it also made me think this game is a fluke. I mean so many JAC players in one week screams fluke. They should play better under Henne but they probably overperformed.

I don't really think any of the Jags are worth picking up unless you are desperate. I don't think Houston expected them to have success and then couldn't adjust to stop them. Parmele is not that talented and that offensive line is not that great. If you're really desperate for a QB, then Henne isn't bad, but there are a bunch of QB's that are better than him and he is probably not needed in many leagues. Blackmon is the only one that I would consider. Henne liked throwing to him and any throws coming to him that aren't from Gabbert should have a better shot of being complete.

I like Hillman as the top choice. The Broncos actually do run the ball. The Eagles try their best not too. They love to pass and that didn't even change today without Vick. Of course, the order of Hillman and Brown also depend on the severity of the injuries to McGahee and McCoy.

For those in the know better than me, is Lance Ball the pickup in Denver over Hillman?

It will likely end up being a timeshare. Hillman had been acting as the back up for the past few weeks over Ball. Ball is the bigger back, but Hillman will likely be the passing down back, which is likely the one that will end up with more value.

Who would you guys rank as the better pickup - Alexander (SD) or Blackmon (Jac)? Thinking Alexander as Jac's offense is so volatile.

Who would you guys rank as the better pickup - Alexander (SD) or Blackmon (Jac)? Thinking Alexander as Jac's offense is so volatile.

DX by a mile...

RB:

Pamele

Hillman/Ball

Powell

Peerman

Bryce Brown

WR:

Blackmon

Golden Tate

Hilton

Bess

Alshon Jeffrey

Stokely

LaFell

Edelman

Gibson

Sanu

TE:

Watson

Garrett Graham

Dallas Clark

No metion of brady quinn? Not that he's a world beater or anything, but in [very] deep leagues and/or 2qb leagues he's at least a qb who's probably going to start next week. if you were willing to take a chance on leftwitch/foles/kaepernick you might as well take a look at henne and quinn.

I wouldn't pick up Pierre Thomas. He has clearly been overtaken by Ivory and it looks like NO wants to get Ingram involved hoping he will become what they drafted him for.

I get hillman... but brown over parmele? I think with mjd having an unknown return date that parmele would be more valuable than brown. there's no real indication that mccoy won't start for philly on sunday. if mccoy can't get cleared then brown will get the start.

mohamed sanu maybe in deeper leagues.

i'm looking for a replacement for titus young and not many WR options in deeper 3 wr league. sanu started and played every snap for cincy last week.

edit: just noticed dnems listed him above.

Henne - If Jacksonville decides they want to put their most competitive product on the field.

Blackmon - If Henne stays under center.

Laurent Robinson - If Gabbert goes back under center. Look at his targets for the last two games before this one.

Moreno - Will get a couple more plays than normal and a chance to show the Broncos something. If he shows a spark or two, who knows.

Kaepernick - I think Harbaugh knew this cat was starting all along, and just didn't want his old team to be able to gameplan for him. Interesting to see what coach decides going forward.

Hilton, Broyles - I put these two in the same category. Talented starters with QB's who love to sling the rock. The big question is targets.

Garrett Friggin' Graham....guy stole two TD's from my Owen Daniels. Love to know what that was all about.

See my roster below. I have am #1 in waivers, and I am having trouble deciding if I should get Hillman or Parmele?

I have MJD, so it makes sense to get Parmele. Any thoughts?

I agree that Parmele would complement your MJD.

However I think that Hillman has more ROS value. Hillman is part of a better, more stable offense. I see a lot of 30-6 type scores in Jacksonville's future. I think Hillman has more upside, and will have more chances to score.

See my roster below. I have am #1 in waivers, and I am having trouble deciding if I should get Hillman or Parmele?

I have MJD, so it makes sense to get Parmele. Any thoughts?

It's not a handcuff situation since the starters on both teams are already hurt. All you want is the player who has the best combination of talent and opportunity. Parmele might have a slight edge on short-term opportunity since he has little competition for carries and Hillman likely won't be an 18+ touch per game guy. However, MJD will probably be back during the fantasy season and McGahee definitely won't be. That's a big edge for Hillman ROS. Hillman also has a big edge in individual and team talent.

Hillman is a much better add IMO. Also, you will likely have two startable RBs if/when MJD comes back instead of MJD and a middling handcuff.