Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1gq2nvy

Jermaine O'Neal 2012-2013 Season Outlook

His someone to keep an eye out. I know his old and always get injured but his been getting 20+ mins a game and good source of blocks for deep leagues. I don't see how he is any worse than say guys who are owning R.Lopez.

I disagree, almost no upside at this point in his career and probably will get hurt. You have to be in an insanely deep league for him to be owned. Which is possible sure. It would take some injuries for him to surpass 25 minutes pg.

I disagree, almost no upside at this point in his career and probably will get hurt. You have to be in an insanely deep league for him to be owned. Which is possible sure. It would take some injuries for him to surpass 25 minutes pg.

yea im in a 14 X 14 money league. Even taj gibson and rasheed wallace is taken. Im looking for cheap source of blocks.

14 x 14? Wow. He's probably even less valuable there considering he's only mildly productive in one category. Unless fouls per minute is another. Must be desperate.

He's been useful last couple of games, I have him in a 30 team league. He's rosterable in prob 16 teams or larger leagues.

Cant believe there is a thread for this dude..."the nba...where JERMAINE O'NEAL STILL HAPPENS"

Are you kidding?!?! Is this the year of the 'I'm still fantasy relevant sucka!"???? Metta World Peace and now Jermaine O'Neal!?!? If the Suns staff can keep him healthy (just like what they did with Grant Hill), he can post some pretty good numbers as a backup center or even at the UTIL position. However, we all know his injury history (post Heat days). Right now, he's getting play and trust from coach Gentry. I'm possibly thinking of picking him up and stashing him on my bench.

Thoughts?

this is downright absurd. phoenix suns medical staff is using steroids. jermaine oneal hasn't been fantasy relevant since 2009, when he was ranked 106 in 9-cat. if he can come close to that, michael finley is definitely making it back to the nba and leading the league in 3s.

Still going strong, giving good value in deep leagues. Just read that he had that miracle knee procedure in Germany this past summer, didn't know that.

Yahoo Sports reports Jermaine O'Neal and GM Lance Blanks "engaged in a loud, expletive-laced confrontation on Monday."

The incident happened immediately following new coach Lindsay Hunter's first practice. O'Neal is not traveling with the team for Wednesday's game against Sacramento and we'd consider him suspended for now. We can only assume that he's unhappy with his role on the dumpster fire known as the Suns

Averages over 5 games:

10.4 points, 6.8 rbds, 1.8 asts, 2.0 blocks, 0.8 stls

Averages over 5 games:

10.4 points, 6.8 rbds, 1.8 asts, 2.0 blocks, 0.8 stls

I have a transaction limit in my league...I have been monitoring this guy and I'm very much surprised that he's producing.

Still can't convince myself to pick him up though. Especially as I own and have seen Dudley's minutes fluctuate so much under the new coach.

I can't believe I keep looking at this guy... but if he is getting almost 30 min a night, his multicategory contributions give him some value

I can't believe I keep looking at this guy... but if he is getting almost 30 min a night, his multicategory contributions give him some value

The problem with JO is that even though he's playing well, if he gets like 30 minutes theres no way he'll stay healthy for more than 2 weeks. Also, although Hunter is talking about messing with his starting lineup, I can't imagine him starting JO over Gortat. But you never know, Hunter has done some crazy things with lineup since taking over.

I wouldn't drop anyone of real value for O'neal yet, his daughter will be having heart surgery in early march and I bet he misses time for that.

It's bizarre that when he's in the Suns go to him almost everytime down the court. And even more bizarre that he actually produces well on those touches.

i just took him now he's gonna be bought out... after putting up some nice games. lol. replaced by haddadi...