Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flschbrger

Marcel Reece 2012 Season Outlook

80 posts in this topic

The forum was down for awhile! However Reece is a complete freak in PPR, he has carried me to 2 wins in a row now! I hope McFadden takes his time getting back.....

What about Goodson's return?

And what about the possibility that that paperboy they hired to coach this team rides the hot hand and leaves him in regardless?

I've always been a fan of Reece's work, from a non-fantasy perspective. Nice to see him get a chance at some spotlight. Also nice to get him free off FA and plunked into my flex the past 3 weeks. :D

What about Goodson's return?

And what about the possibility that that paperboy they hired to coach this team rides the hot hand and leaves him in regardless?

I doubt Goodson is a factor anymore.

Rotoworld:

Mike Goodson (ankle) has yet to begin running.

He's not going to beat Darren McFadden (ankle) back to the lineup. McFadden was seen running around with trainers on the side of Thursday's practice and could be aiming for a Week 12 return. Nov 15 - 6:30 PM

Raiders RB Mike Goodson (high ankle sprain) missed Friday's practice and won't play Sunday at Baltimore.

Fantasy owners can think of Goodson as "week to week." With a reputation as a slow healer, he can be pretty safely dropped in 10- and 12-team leagues. Nov 9 - 2:07 PM

Reece is pretty much a lock for 100 yards (rushing and receiving) a game. You can tell he's still very raw as a runner though. He got stuffed twice at the goaline and on a 4th and 1. Needs to learn to run lower on those short yardage plays. But they use him so much in the passing game that he's pretty much like a TE that gets 15 carries a game.

If he would have gotten just 10 more receiving yards I think he would have been the only player this year to have 100+ rushing and 100+ receiving in one game.

Picked him up in 1 league but not the other where I had a top waiver spot--got distracted by some talk about Taiwan Jones after DMC went down. Haven't seen him play, but he put up 20 points for me and looks great on paper at least. This guy in a flex in a PPR could win some people a few matchups I think.

He is like a super sized Sproles in ppr (okay maybe a little slower) but he is definitely a flex superstar

He pretty much won me my game this week. I have no problem plugging him in my RB or flex spot while DMC/Goodson remain out. Hell, I hope they don't come back, I'll ride Reece the remainer of the season.

wow this guy is just unbelievable. The Raiders should of utilized him like this year ago, i think if slowly becoming one of the better players in this game and he could have significant fantasy value coming down the stretch and into next year

They will get creative keeping him in even if DMC comes back. He's been split out wide here and there as well, more than expeceted for sure.

Expect him to continue touching the ball like he has in the last 3 weeks regardless of DMC coming back.

Dude put up 19 fantasy points without a TD last week - the staff can't ignore that.

I own Reece and I would love to see him continue to do this thang, but this reminds me of Mike Goodson ( kinda funny hes on Raiders now) circa 2010.... DWill and Stewwie were out and Goodson had 2-3 very productive weeks, almost coulda been argued he was better than either was all year... he had back to back 20+ carry 100 yard games looking very impressive...Stewwie got a little healthier, they split carries next two weeks.... then Stewwie gobbled up all the carries after that propelling him into pseudo fantasy stardom for next two years.....

I think DMC's first week back Reece will have some value but no doubt DMC isnt going to lose his job bc of injury....however him securing a long term contract with the Raiders is looking unlikely unless he proves he can not get injured.....

gtfo dmc, in fact they should trade dmc. always hurt, not very good, only lights up crap teams. reece in contrast is the real deal!

I doubt DMC comes back this year. Just like last year when he got hurt and the Raider's just kept stringing us along every week until finally saying he's done. With the way Reece has been filling in they really don't need to rush him back anyway, least for my sake I hope they dont'.

players have incentives in their contracts.......there's no way McFadden sits the year due to a high ankle sprain......unless it's a severe sprain, i don't see that happening.

What should we expect from him this weekend now that McFadden and Goodson have officially been ruled out? Bengals are ranked 24th against the run and he is only projected 10. Seems low to me.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, November 25, 2012 - No reason given · Report post

trying to decide if I should play Reece over Jamaal Charles...hmmm