Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shaolin

Ray Allen

Who will be the number 1 scorer on the Celtics this year? Originally, right after the trade happened, I thought Ray Allen would have the best shot of getting 25 per game, 20 for Garnett, and between 15-20 for Pierce. Looks like I was mistaken, Pierce will not defer. In fact it seems like these guys will take turns being the high scorer, and will be options 1A, 1B, and 1C.

Does this hurt Ray Allen's value any? I was looking at him as a late 1st-early 2nd round pick (keeper league, so some big guns are gun already). Does he still merit a high pick like that?

I think Allen will still get his regardless. Hes just about the best long range threat in the game and with KG down low hes gonna get many open looks.

IMO the guys that defer in scoring will be Ray and KG - both unselfish players (deferred to Lewis and Cassell/Spree respectively) in the scoring departments- and their make-up is not that of a volume shooter...the guy that does fit that role is Pierce...although I think that all three of these guys have a great year and if you can land 2 or more of the big 3 then your golden with efficiency stats.