Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

keep it ONE hunnid

Lance Stephenson 2012-2013 Season Outlook

47 posts in this topic

There were periods in the game where he appeared to be a better PG than Hill. I think Hill is more aggressive and better in transition. But, once they get into the offense, Lance looked better.

He has now strung together a few good games. Starter at SG. Anyone taking him seriously?

1 person likes this

Sneaky source of ast and good FG%. Not a bad add for deep league but Granger might be back in a month or two.

1 person likes this

I have him on a few teams. Of course, as a Pacer fan, its surprising that I haven't picked up Miles Plumlee yet. I think he is clearly a solid contributor and will remain so once Granger returns. He will be the 6th man and can provide minutes at both PG and SG. He is a great player in transition and possibly the best passer on the team. My biggest complaint is that he doesn't shoot enough. I don't know if it is a lack of confidence or he considers himself to be the 5th option.

He has now strung together a few good games. Starter at SG. Anyone taking him seriously?

Not by a long shot. This is the same guy that used to routinely put up 0 or 4pts in like 30 minutes with pretty much no other contribution in any other categories.

I know it's not the flashiest line, but he's worthwhile as an efficient end of bench guy if you've got an obvious drop. Yahoo has him ranked 74th in the past 14 days and if you discount the game he got injured, he's averaging 9.8 points, 1.6 steals, 3.3 assists, 5 rebounds and .9 treys on 50% shooting over his past 12 games. Those are nice JR Smith-lite kinda numbers with better efficiency.

Feels like he's weirdly under the radar for a player that Larry Bird called the most talented player on the Pacers roster. Dominated summer league and looked like a stud with PG out the other day.

I guess Granger's impending return puts a dampener on too much enthusiasm, but even when that happens, he might get a bit more shots and with the second unit. Right now it seems like he's really trying to play within the offence and take smart (read: not many) shots, but may be gaining some confidence.

2 people like this

It will be interesting to see how things pan out once Granger is back. My guess is that when Danny is out, George will be in and move to the 3 while Lance will come in at the 2. When George is out, then Lance should get minutes at the 2. I thnk he can still get solid minutes (25 per game). However, while solid, he is marginally productive in all but deep leagues and that is with 30 plus minutes per game. A drop off of 5 to 10 mintues per game could affect his fantasy appeal. The question on how aggressive he will be will depend on who else is on the floor. I am not sure how this will affect Augustin or Green. I see Augustin getting squeezed for minutes (less than 20 per game). Same thing for Green.

The key is that the Pacers know what they have in Lance and it is a pretty solid player. It will be interesting to see what happens with him contract-wise. He is signed through next season ($930K) which is a bargain. I think they try to extend his contract before he becomes an UFA following the 2013-14 season.

Sounds about right. I think they know they've got a stud, but they've gotta teach him to just be a solid role player. Got my fingers crossed that they use him in a microwave role when he heads to the bench, but that might run contra to the way they're guiding his apprenticeship.

Lance is quietly stringing along some good lines lately.

I think this guy should remain the starter when Granger comes back.

....who's going to be coming off the bench then?

I think Granger should come off the bench.

and it sounds like that's the plan.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/2/2/3944048/danny-granger-injury-pacers-all-star-game-2013

Vogel looks forward to Granger's return but plans to ease him back into action.

Vogel did not give a specific target date for Granger's return but acknowledged he'd like Granger to "get his feet wet" before the All-Star game Feb. 17 so they can start working him into the lineup. Vogel says Granger is in good physical shape but not game shape.

even if he loses his spot in the starting line up he should be the 6th man. will probably see some more minutes at back up pg

Stephenson's improving, but what has he shown to prove he should start over Granger down the stretch? He's averaging 8-3.7-2.7 on decent efficiency. Still not much of a jump shooter and the Pacers have been woefully inefficient as a team offensively when compared to having Granger in there last season.

They'll probably bring Granger along slowly and have Stephenson start for a few games. Granger is a career 18 PPG scorer who has proven he can hit the three ball at a high rate and get to the line pretty frequently. That's simply a much better offensive player than what Stephenson is.

Do you think he should continue to start because he's on your fantasy team, TR?

I think Granger should come off the bench.

and it sounds like that's the plan.

http://www.sbnation....-star-game-2013

Vogel looks forward to Granger's return but plans to ease him back into action.

Vogel did not give a specific target date for Granger's return but acknowledged he'd like Granger to "get his feet wet" before the All-Star game Feb. 17 so they can start working him into the lineup. Vogel says Granger is in good physical shape but not game shape.

Well, I have nothing to say as long as you're not claiming that this arrangement is permanent. Sometimes I'm not so sure with you...

Stephenson's improving, but what has he shown to prove he should start over Granger down the stretch? He's averging 8-3.7-2.7 on decent efficiency. Still not much of a jump shooter and the Pacers have been woefully inefficient as a team offensively when compared to having Granger in there last season.

Look, if Granger is fully healthy, then by all means let Granger start.

But Granger's health could be a major concern in his career.

Lance Stephenson is filling in very nicely. I say the Pacers should ride with Lance and ease Granger back in, off the bench. There's no rush.

And from what i've read, that's what they intend to do.

Are you just mad because you have Granger on your fantasy team?

Stephenson's improving, but what has he shown to prove he should start over Granger down the stretch? He's averging 8-3.7-2.7 on decent efficiency. Still not much of a jump shooter and the Pacers have been woefully inefficient as a team offensively when compared to having Granger in there last season.

Look, if Granger is fully healthy, then by all means let Granger start.

But Granger's health could be a major concern in his career.

Lance Stephenson is filling in very nicely. I say the Pacers should ride with Lance and ease Granger back in, off the bench. There's no rush.

And from what i've read, that's what they intend to do.

Are you just mad because you have Granger on your fantasy team?

I'm pretty sure it's because your initial statement was misleading, and you have a history of saying Ridiculous things.