Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rignamw89

Jeremy Pargo 2012-2013 Season Outlook

49 posts in this topic

This is his first opportunity for minutes, in his 2nd year in the league...looks impressive...deep leagues take note

I am on the boat! but benched him due to full schedule today. errrrrrrr

so what is Gobson's deal here? Flu or something?

Do you think Jeremy Pargo can be more productive than someone like JJ Redick in the short term? ;) What about long term?

RW Blurb:

Jeremy Pargo scored a career-high 28 points in his start at point guard for injured Kyrie Irving (finger) on Wednesday, hitting 11-of-19 shots (including four threes) with five rebounds, four assists, and one steal in 39 minutes.

Our deepest apologies for calling him a fantasy non-factor earlier in the day, but if you read some of the other work on the site and on Twitter perhaps you knew he had a shot at a big night going in. Bryon Scott like him for his defense and he was able to show his offensive ability tonight, keeping former backup Donald Sloan on the bench all night. Daniel Gibson (elbow) didn't play tonight and his return will definitely hinder Pargo, but on a shallow team there could be plenty of minutes to go around. Owners shouldn't expect this every night, but Pargo is a must-own player in most formats after this result.

Next time, "I'm sorry, I F*&ked up", will suffice.

Either way I added him

I see you answered your own question. :rolleyes:

I think Gibson might cut into his production but it is difficult to ignore 39 minutes and 28 points from a backup PG who stands to get solid minutes for the next several weeks, especially when the Cavs won.

Either way I added him

I see you answered your own question. :rolleyes:

I think Gibson might cut into his production but it is difficult to ignore 39 minutes and 28 points from a backup PG who stands to get solid minutes for the next several weeks, especially when the Cavs won.

I only had to drop Marcus Morris for him so I'm willing to roll the dice

No surprise that there is a front page Yahoo article screaming to pick Pargo up...and I agree. He will get a ton of run and that's a valuable thing for waiver wire adds(especially young improving players like Pargo).

He's having a solid first half... I'm going to wait a few games before picking up.

assuming he's still available....

He's having a solid first half... I'm going to wait a few games before picking up.

assuming he's still available....

Seriously, why wait?! I mean unless you are in a 10 team league with a bunch of guys who don't watch the NBA leaving guys like Wesley Matthews on the wire there is no reason a performance like this should be ignored. It's not like Irving is only out for 4-5 days or he hit 11 of 12 shots in 19 minutes - this guy got big minutes and was the focal point of the offense. Even if he doesn't do it again, you shouldn't feel bad about puling the trigger now considering most times you do you will be rewarded for it.

add him now.

i had to laugh when i was debating on here, that people thought he didn't hold value, and that boobie gibson and waiters would hold more value.

Hell....no.

This offense is still pg centric. if you are a pg on this team, you will put up serviceable numbers. pargo did, and he has more talent, and scoring ability then donald sloan. I watched him in gonzaga and he was awesome.

add him now.

i had to laugh when i was debating on here, that people thought he didn't hold value, and that boobie gibson and waiters would hold more value.

Hell....no.

This offense is still pg centric. if you are a pg on this team, you will put up serviceable numbers. pargo did, and he has more talent, and scoring ability then donald sloan. I watched him in gonzaga and he was awesome.

Thing is, Waiters IS holding more value.

add him now.

Hell....no.

Thing is, Waiters IS holding more value.

I dont even think its close either, but You do have to consider picking him (Pargo) up if hes on the waiver wire though.